RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 10:21:37 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Burgers from trash cans taste the best.

RF Generation Message Board | Announcements and Feedback | Announcements and Feedback | Trouble Figuring Out Region 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Trouble Figuring Out Region  (Read 4145 times)
RobotWillie
Don't You Know Blackmail is Way Uncool
PlayStation
United States

WWW Stats
« on: September 19, 2018, 09:59:29 PM »

I just bought this game from outside my region and it seems we have not got this version on here yet and am unsure what region it belongs to.
We have the UK, Spain,French,and Russian specific versions of the Bloodborne Game of the Year Edition. The codes differ from this one, and from what I have seen covers too. The organization praising the game with a good rating on this one is IGN Middle East which does in fact exist: https://me.ign.com/ar/ . Its Edge and Videogamer on the UK version.  So I am guessing this version can be placed to an Arabic country like Egypt. Although it still is endorsed by Sony of Europe and was manufactured in Austria.The UPC code is 711719843542 which didn't show up on the UPC site I looked on either.

So could someone help figure out what region this belongs to as its none we already have. I have attached my scans.

To add it wasn't imported by me I bought it from a US merchant.

Edit: And yes I always forget which board to put these questions in so sorry if this is wrong  Undecided.

* BloodborneGOTYFront.jpg (343.49 KB, 550x697 - viewed 336 times.)

* BloodborneGOTYBack.jpg (452.74 KB, 550x703 - viewed 331 times.)
« Last Edit: September 19, 2018, 10:03:07 PM by RobotWillie » Logged

tactical_nuke
DB Reviewer
United States

Stats
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2018, 10:38:09 PM »

Looks like a Region-Wide Middle East release.
RobotWillie
PlayStation
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2018, 11:41:52 PM »

I tried adding it as its own thing and not a variation since the other ones are from Europe they don't allow me to select a country or region outside Europe, however
upon submitting it says the Sony Playstation 4 can not be selected because it is not enabled for the Middle East Region Wide.

Duke.Togo
Nintender Tape
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2018, 09:17:04 PM »

Should be fixed now.

Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States
Awards: 2013 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2018, 10:07:49 PM »

The yellow "dot" there typically means Middle East, and I believe in this case UAE. Have imported a couple times from UAE and was told it was common there in the past (though would still be Middle East Regionwide).
My contribution for the year. Smiley

Raidou
DB Reviewer
Australia

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2018, 07:43:13 PM »

are you sure about the yellow dot?  I've seen a few of these on English only covers on games published by Sony but haven't been able to find any concrete info.  I thought it indicated a reprint.

Sorry for pushing for a second contribution Cheesy

EDIT: Also, judging by the languages on the cover this was likely sold in Africa as well.
Schlibby
DB Editor
United Kingdom

Stats
« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2018, 02:53:32 AM »

Think I’ve seen it in Indian covers too.

Probably indicates were a pal game is for a non european or Australian market
RobotWillie
PlayStation
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2018, 07:18:35 PM »

I won't bother posting an entirely new topic but I am at it again needing help and guidance from the great sages of RF Generation on the right region to add this recent addition to my PlayStation library. It is The Orange Box, regular edition not a Greatest Hits or special, likely the Canadian specific version. In fact I bought it from eBay from someone right from the heart of French Canada, and they live right smack in the middle of the Island of Montreal. So there is no doubt why this has the French on it, and I knew that when I bought it they had the pictures of it on there.

We have an Xbox 360 Canadian specific version of this game but there are no scans of it for me to compare. I would think this is the PS3 version of the same game. We do not have the PS3 Canadian specific one added yet which is what I am sure I have. So just confirm to me that is what I should add and I will.

* OrangeBox.jpg (331.33 KB, 550x680 - viewed 283 times.)

* OrangeBoxBack.jpg (393.48 KB, 550x680 - viewed 284 times.)

tactical_nuke
DB Reviewer
United States

Stats
« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2018, 11:46:24 PM »

You'd be correct.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length