RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 08:30:01 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: It's not the size of the collection, it's how you store it!

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Community Playthroughs (Moderators: techwizard, singlebanana, wildbil52, GrayGhost81, Disposed Hero, MetalFRO) | November 2018 Playthrough - Bioshock 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5 Print
Author Topic: November 2018 Playthrough - Bioshock  (Read 20994 times)
singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« on: October 08, 2018, 02:19:22 PM »

Tips & Tricks:

- The most dollars you can hold is 500 and this is not upgradeable. Don't hoard your money.

- Turn on subtitles because radio transmissions are important and way too faint even with volume adjusted.

- Audio diaries are very important for fleshing out the story of this game. However, the way they are implemented in the game is a bit awkward. You are supposed to pick them up with the action button, then hold the action button to play them. This can cause problems if other items are around. I try to pick up the audio diaries last in an area, then listen, then go on my way. If you trigger a radio transmission while listening to an audio diary, the audio diary gets cut off. You can listen to any audio diaries in the menu, but it's a pain in the neck to do constantly.

- You can aim down a weapon's sights by clicking the right thumb stick, but this only works with certain weapons!

- Security alerts are a pain in the neck. Carefully locate and destroy security cameras to make life a little easier.

- Save hacking tools for safes. They are hard to hack but usually have great loot.

- This game is scary! Play it with the lights off and use headphones for maximum creepiness.

- Speaking of which, Bioshock is not for children. Singlebanana's kids are not going to be able to partake in this one.

- The following is a spoiler about the nature of the game's multiple endings. It is not a story spoiler.
Spoiler (hover to show)

Checkpoints:

Week 1 (Nov 1-10) - Clear the Medical Plaza and get to Neptune's Bounty
Week 2 (Nov 11-17) - Clear Farmer's Market and get to Fort Frolic
Week 3 (Nov 18-24) - Get to Olympus Heights
Week 4 (Nov 25-30) - Finish the game

Participants:

GrayGhost81
singlebanana
zophar53
Disposed Hero
MetalFRO
Crabmaster2000
EngineerMike
russlyman
« Last Edit: November 10, 2018, 08:31:49 PM by GrayGhost81 » Logged

RFGen Co-Director; pinball, 2600 & NES nutjob, co-host of the RFGen
 Community Playthrough and the RFGen Playcast. Listen/Download on iTunes and Podbean: www.rfgplaycast.com

Complete licensed NA NES, U.S. SMS, NA Vectrex, and Microvision sets!, 11 left for 7800, 25 for 5200, 42 for Colecovision
zophar53
Blog Writer
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2018, 08:32:42 AM »

Would you kindly sign me up? Still one of my favorite FPSs.

Disposed Hero
RFG Moderator
United States
Awards: 2013 RFGeneration KING OF RAGE

Stats
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2018, 09:25:32 AM »

Count me in! One of the best games of its generation, and I'm due for a replay.

Check out my YouTube Channel for VGM covers! https://www.youtube.com/disposedherovgm

Check out my Twitch Channel! https://www.twitch.tv/disposed_hero

MetalFRO
RFG Moderator
United States
Awards: 2014 RFGen Top Shmuper

WWW Stats
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2018, 11:52:44 AM »

I will plan to play this as well. I have a copy, but have never dug into the game. I only briefly played the PS3 demo a few years ago.

Crabmaster2000
Podcast Crew
Canada

Stats
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2018, 09:15:18 AM »

Im willing to give this one a second chance

Want to see someone barely eke through a whole pile of NES games? Check out my youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/us...00Crabmaster?feature=mhee

300+ NES games beaten since October 2011

Co-Host of the Rfgeneration Collectorcast:
http://rfgenerationcollectorcast.podomatic.com/
Duke.Togo
Nintender Tape
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2018, 09:01:06 PM »

Crabmaster2000
Podcast Crew
Canada

Stats
« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2018, 02:41:59 PM »

I didn't like it the first time around and also didn't really understand the cultural impact (environmental game design and storytelling) it had. I've talked with people and listened to some podcasts and youtube vids about the game since then that have shed some light on the game that I missed during my initial playthrough so I'm actually a bit curious to go back and check somethings out that were lost on me the first time around. Also just having a blast playing through and discussing games with everyone lately so if it's a game I've got in my collection I'll likely be joining in on the playcast.

Want to see someone barely eke through a whole pile of NES games? Check out my youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/us...00Crabmaster?feature=mhee

300+ NES games beaten since October 2011

Co-Host of the Rfgeneration Collectorcast:
http://rfgenerationcollectorcast.podomatic.com/
MaterialHandlerMike
Atari Lynx
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2018, 04:59:34 PM »

I’m shocked to see Crabby join in on this. Any conversation we have ever had about this series, did not have you ever giving much of a favourable opinion. Glad to see you coming around. Hey maybe we should do a Fallout 3 playthrough on here, some time. 😉 Being that this is probably one of the first titles I ever played on my PS3, and honestly one of my favourites on that console, I would like to try and join in on this one, too.

Complete NA NES collection (minus Stadium Events)
MaterialHandlerMike
Atari Lynx
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #8 on: November 01, 2018, 01:28:03 PM »

Playing on the PS4 Bioshock Collection, I just made my descent into Rapture.

GrayGhost81
RFG Moderator
United States

Stats
« Reply #9 on: November 01, 2018, 07:29:47 PM »

First checkpoint is up as well as a good set of tips and tricks for ya!

I finished the game last week and it's as good as I remembered. Can't wait for y'all to dive in, PUN INTENDED.

russlyman
Blog Writer
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #10 on: November 02, 2018, 09:10:48 AM »

Sign me up. I’ll try this for sure. Not really into first person shooters but I enjoyed doom.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Now your playing with power!
MaterialHandlerMike
Atari Lynx
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #11 on: November 02, 2018, 01:25:57 PM »

After sitting down and playing for a bit yesterday, I made it to Neptune’s Bounty. I’m glad to be revisiting this game, and having an excuse to open my Bioshock Collection, for PS4.

russlyman
Blog Writer
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #12 on: November 02, 2018, 07:00:07 PM »

ready to rock

russlyman
Blog Writer
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #13 on: November 02, 2018, 07:00:40 PM »

o wait it takes forever to install

Disposed Hero
RFG Moderator
United States
Awards: 2013 RFGeneration KING OF RAGE

Stats
« Reply #14 on: November 03, 2018, 06:29:05 PM »

I started this today and have already reached the first checkpoint. This game definitely holds up.

I'm playing the remastered edition on Steam, which I hear is a butchered port, but I haven't had any problems with it.

Check out my YouTube Channel for VGM covers! https://www.youtube.com/disposedherovgm

Check out my Twitch Channel! https://www.twitch.tv/disposed_hero

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length