RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 04:12:17 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Track your collection from the Magnavox Odyssey to Super Mario Odyssey!

RF Generation Message Board | Collecting | Collection Connection | RFGeneration Secret Santa 2018!!!!!!! 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 Print
Author Topic: RFGeneration Secret Santa 2018!!!!!!!  (Read 39332 times)
Wempster
Donor
United States
Awards: 2016 RFGen Top Wheelman

WWW Stats
« Reply #75 on: December 25, 2018, 05:55:16 PM »

My Santa did a great job! Harvest Moon has been on my radar to get for a long time and Santa delivered a fantastic looking copy.  Rampage is a new cart and I love the rupee light.  This makes N64 games 242 and 243. Thanks Santa for helping me get a little closer to my full N64 set goal.

Crabmaster2000
Podcast Crew
Canada

Stats
« Reply #76 on: December 25, 2018, 07:15:44 PM »

Oh wow! Harvest Moon 64 is a big one. Very generous Santa you had!

Want to see someone barely eke through a whole pile of NES games? Check out my youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/us...00Crabmaster?feature=mhee

300+ NES games beaten since October 2011

Co-Host of the Rfgeneration Collectorcast:
http://rfgenerationcollectorcast.podomatic.com/
SirPsycho
Naked Koei Dude
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #77 on: December 25, 2018, 07:19:03 PM »

Merry Christmas everybody!! Some Psycho Santa got paired with me this year and did a great job. I don't know if he's got some kind of ESP, but I've toyed a few times with the possibility of trying to collect all the James Bond video games, but I never see the handheld ones. Low and behold I've now been graced with a pair of them and one is even still sealed so I get to be the one to crack into a brand new GBA game!! What could be more satisfying? These so called Elves that assembled my gifts also seemed to have created this Noddy game as a tribute to themselves? What an odd bunch! And this fantastic copy of Out of this World completes my console collection of the game, now I've got every non PC version playable at my fingertips!!

Thanks so much for the generous gift. Now if you'll excuse me as it is Christmas day in Canada I must perform the annual Winter Solstice Blood Sacrifice as I pray to our Supreme Dear Leader The Smoking-Hot Syrupy Fox!!

I'm glad it arrived in time for the holiday and can cause such joy. My match snatched a couple titles from my overly detailed list I tend to send Santa. Thinking of the smoking hot Arabian desert is just what I need to survive the chill of winter.

Women were the reason I became a monk - and, ah, the reason I switched back... - Morte

Well I, for one, plan on discovering the secrets of the multiverse by rubbing cottage cheese on my belly and eating vast quantities of fresh-water fish. Mmm... cheese. -The Nameless One
shaggy
RFG Emperor
United States

Stats
« Reply #78 on: December 26, 2018, 12:14:36 AM »

Alright, my Secret Santa (banana) Wink kicked some booty:

That puts me at 620 NES games and needing only 35 more SMS games for the NA set!

Thanks again Secret Santa!! (banana)

NES cart only collection - 87% complete.
SMS set complete!
singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #79 on: December 27, 2018, 10:34:20 AM »

Got some great stuff from my wishlist from my Secret Santa this year!  I had the Wario game on my original GB wishlist, but am even happier to have this copy, since it is in color. Smiley  I honestly didn't even know it was on the GBC.  Thanks Secret Santa!

I also want to thank Bil for organizing the event again this year.  Great job man!  And just another little side note, Bil let me include my neighbor's 18 yo son this year in the event even though he is a non-member. Over the past several months, I have gained a real fondness for him. He has autism and with it, a bit of social anxiety. However, he loves video games, and I have been fortunate enough to get to know this incredible young man. He loves to come over to my house to spend time with my kids and I playing games in my gameroom. It's been a really rough 2018 for me, but this guy has brought a lot of joy to my life and helps me put aside my worries.  He was very excited about participating and very happy with this gifts. He sent me pic to share.

A message from his dad: C____ got his secret Santa a few days ago. Playing Blades of Steel with C____ has got to be an all time highlight. He's never played sports games (other than Mario sports) because the modern ones are so complex. We had a blast.

My reply: Such a great game. Any fights?

His: Hell yeah! I shouldn't have told him the controls because after the 1st two, he beat me up. Lol.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2018, 10:47:48 AM by singlebanana » Logged

RFGen Co-Director; pinball, 2600 & NES nutjob, co-host of the RFGen
 Community Playthrough and the RFGen Playcast. Listen/Download on iTunes and Podbean: www.rfgplaycast.com

Complete licensed NA NES, U.S. SMS, NA Vectrex, and Microvision sets!, 11 left for 7800, 25 for 5200, 42 for Colecovision
slackur
Blog Writer

Stats
« Reply #80 on: December 27, 2018, 12:06:30 PM »

Very cool guys! I hope to post a YouTube of my SS presents soon. New territory for me, may take some experimentation.

Keelah se'lai
singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #81 on: December 27, 2018, 12:13:47 PM »

Not Secret Santa related, but I just had to post this video of my kids and their Christmas "surprises."  I think that many of you will appreciate this one. Cheesy

Community Playthrough and the RFGen Playcast. Listen/Download on iTunes and Podbean: www.rfgplaycast.com

Complete licensed NA NES, U.S. SMS, NA Vectrex, and Microvision sets!, 11 left for 7800, 25 for 5200, 42 for Colecovision
MetalFRO
Blog Writer
United States
Awards: 2014 RFGen Top Shmuper

WWW Stats
« Reply #82 on: December 28, 2018, 10:37:21 AM »

That's awesome, Rich!

shaggy
RFG Emperor
United States

Stats
« Reply #83 on: December 28, 2018, 06:32:58 PM »

Not Secret Santa related, but I just had to post this video of my kids and their Christmas "surprises."  I think that many of you will appreciate this one. Cheesy

That is so cool.  How did you get your kids to like Iron Maiden at such a young age?  laugh  And that handwriting looks so familiar....

NES cart only collection - 87% complete.
SMS set complete!
singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #84 on: December 28, 2018, 06:35:05 PM »

All you have to do is play metal in your car every time they're in it.

Ikariniku
Atari 7800

Stats
« Reply #85 on: December 29, 2018, 02:55:19 PM »

Thanks to Disposed for this much appreciated Christmas present!

I was excited to see a fat stack of SNES carts when I opened the box.  The first one I looked at was NHL '95.  I always ask for castaway and junk carts their owners don't know what to do with.  The great part is that I think I have a box and manual for NHL '95 in my collection, but never had the cart. 

Next up was a copy of Krusty's Super Fun House, which apparently traveled to our time from Wizard Rome 2461.  As big as the Simpsons phenomenon was, I was really surprised when Krusty got his own game, and then that game was about exterminating rats in his Fun House. 

The next two games were a real treat to see.  Alien vs Predator and Battletoads/Double Dragon.  I love beat 'em ups, and these are two great ones on the SNES.  Battletoads/Double dragon used to be bin filler titles, but people seem to have caught on that it's a good game, so I see it less and less in stores.  Alien vs Predator is a game I rarely see in the wild, so it was a legitimate surprise to see it in my Secret Santa haul.

Speaking of surprises, I was surprised to see there was even more waiting for me.  At the bottom of the box was Alex Kidd: The Lost Stars.  I had asked for this game specifically in my Secret Santa Wishlist, but after the wealth of SNES games, I was not expecting there to be more.  While I've committed to playing NES games most of 2019, I'll definitely throw this in the ol' Power Base Converter when I have a chance.

Once again, it has been a pleasure to participate in the RF Generation Secret Santa.

Disposed Hero
Blog Editor
United States
Awards: 2013 RFGeneration KING OF RAGE

Stats
« Reply #86 on: December 29, 2018, 04:14:12 PM »

@Ikariniku: Awesome! I'm glad you liked the gift!

Check out my YouTube Channel for VGM covers! https://www.youtube.com/disposedherovgm

Check out my Twitch Channel! https://www.twitch.tv/disposed_hero

Ikariniku
Atari 7800

Stats
« Reply #87 on: December 30, 2018, 12:16:19 AM »

@Ikariniku: Awesome! I'm glad you liked the gift!

It was awesome.  Beat 'em ups and a Master System gem.  The RF Gen Secret Santa exceeds my expectations every year, and I work my best to do the same for whoever gets me as Santa.

slackur
Blog Writer

Stats
« Reply #88 on: January 02, 2019, 05:06:12 PM »

https://youtu.be/KJdo0wUjeKc

Keelah se'lai
singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #89 on: January 02, 2019, 11:28:58 PM »

Great stuff Jes!

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length