RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 04:31:50 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Burgers from trash cans taste the best.

RF Generation Message Board | Collecting | Collection Connection | Official 2018 NOT-So-Secret Santa thread! 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: Official 2018 NOT-So-Secret Santa thread!  (Read 15234 times)
Zagnorch
Donor
United States

Stats
« on: November 08, 2018, 10:09:05 PM »

UPDATE 11/16: The 2018 NSSS blog has posted! Check it out at...

http://www.rfgeneration.c...-Santa-Give-Away-3827.php

In one week and one day, the eighth incarnation of the dreaded NOT-So-Secret-Santa Give-Away will commence! It's set to drop on Friday, November 16th at 5 A.M. US Pacific Coast time, so stay alert! This year I offer... well, let's just say, several goodies for y'all.

Just remember the rules:

-   Just one selection per person.

-   The first person to claim the item gets it. First come, first served.

How to make your claim:

-   Go to the 2018 NOT-So-Secret Santa blog when it posts on Friday, November 16th at 5 A.M. US Pacific Coast time...

-   Take note of the number of the item/lot you desire, and...

-   Post that number in the Not-So-Secret-Santa blog's comments section.

All RF Generation members from anywhere in the world are welcome to take advantage. Just be aware that, that unless otherwise noted, all games being given away are NTSC U/C coded for use in machines for the North American market.

As for shipping costs: I'm covering it. Just note that I'll be mailing this stuff out using the cheapest shipping methods possible, so it might be a while before your claim gets to you. You'll receive a PM informing you of your successful claim, and either requesting your mailing address, or confirming the one I have on file.

Best of luck to you all...

UPDATE 11/10: If you're looking for the official RF Generation 2018 Secret Santa, you'll find it at http://www.rfgeneration.c...m/index.php?topic=18862.0

UPDATE 11/14: While I won't make it a solid rule, I would very much like the sole game being offered in this year's NSSS to be claimed by someone who doesn't already own a copy of it. Thank you for your consideration.

UPDATE 11/14: I have added a thirteenth item to the give-away stack.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2018, 11:50:01 AM by Zagnorch » Logged
shaggy
RFG Emperor
United States

Stats
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2018, 10:18:59 PM »

In one week and one day, the eighth incarnation of the dreaded NOT-So-Secret-Santa Give-Away will commence! It's set to drop on Friday, November 16th at 5 A.M. US Pacific Coast time, so stay alert! This year I offer... well, let's just say, several goodies for y'all.

Just remember the rules:

-   Just one selection per person.

-   The first person to claim the item gets it. First come, first served.

How to make your claim:

-   Go to the 2018 NOT-So-Secret Santa blog when it posts on Friday, November 16th at 5 A.M. US Pacific Coast time...

-   Take note of the number of the item/lot you desire, and...

-   Post that number in the Not-So-Secret-Santa blog's comments section.

All RF Generation members from anywhere in the world are welcome to take advantage. Just be aware that, that unless otherwise noted, all games being given away are NTSC U/C coded for use in machines for the North American market.

As for shipping costs: I'm covering it. Just note that I'll be mailing this stuff out using the cheapest shipping methods possible, so it might be a while before your claim gets to you. You'll receive a PM informing you of your successful claim, and either requesting your mailing address, or confirming the one I have on file.

Best of luck to you all...

Groovy!

NES cart only collection - 87% complete.
SMS set complete!
MetalFRO
Blog Writer
United States
Awards: 2014 RFGen Top Shmuper

WWW Stats
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2018, 10:20:31 PM »

For some reason I haven't participated in this before, but I think I'd like to this year Cheesy

Zagnorch
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2018, 10:32:50 PM »

For some reason I haven't participated in this before, but I think I'd like to this year Cheesy

Sheesh, don't I find you enough cool stuff for you as it is?  Grin
tactical_nuke
DB Reviewer
United States

Stats
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2018, 03:29:53 AM »

I loathe getting up early for this but the promise of fleeting material wealth is oh so tempting. I blame the trickle-down economy.
MetalFRO
Blog Writer
United States
Awards: 2014 RFGen Top Shmuper

WWW Stats
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2018, 11:23:33 AM »

Sheesh, don't I find you enough cool stuff for you as it is?  Grin

You certainly do, but I'm a greedy bugger! Tongue

Zagnorch
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2018, 03:05:07 AM »

Hey now, everybody!

If you're looking for the regular Secret Santa, just head on over to http://www.rfgeneration.c...m/index.php?topic=18862.0
wildbil52
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2018, 01:11:46 PM »

This will be my first time participating as well

bickman2k
Director
United States
Awards: 2017 RF Generation Punch-Out Heavyweight Champion!

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2018, 01:34:38 PM »

I think I didn't participate the last couple of years, but I'll check it out this year!

Addicted
Blog Writer

Stats
« Reply #9 on: November 13, 2018, 08:38:33 AM »

Thanks for doing this every year Zag.

Stephen Kick: “The thing about classic games was that they were the first for an entire generation. Successive works are going to be important to individuals and even to groups, but never to a whole generation in the same way.”
Zagnorch
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #10 on: November 13, 2018, 05:45:30 PM »

Heads up, everybody!

NSSS 2018 will feature 12 13 items, only one of which is a console game. Sadly, no lot of mystery games this year.

This will be my first time participating as well

Huh... I coulda sworn you took advantage of it at least once in the past? In any case, welcome aboard!

I think I didn't participate the last couple of years, but I'll check it out this year!

I just gotta make sure the friggin' thing actually posts when I want it to. There were a few past years where I'd set it to start at a specific time, and it would fail to do so. Which reminds me: I just realized the time displayed on my forum page is an hour later than the actual time. BRB...

Okay, I fixed that; moving on...

Thanks for doing this every year Zag.

Maybe I shouldn't say this, but... this year's NSSS almost didn't happen. Due to blood clots and other mobility issues that forced me to take leave from work for the last 2+ months, I didn't think I'd have the budget or walking ability to pull it off this year. But when I acquired a certain something, stared at length at its label art, and found inspiration and  motivation to continue. What is this something, you ask? You'll find out soon enough...  Grin

...'Late
« Last Edit: November 14, 2018, 06:33:53 PM by Zagnorch » Logged
mumboking
Do you feel the heartbeat of the land?
PlayStation
United Kingdom

WWW Stats
« Reply #11 on: November 13, 2018, 06:26:23 PM »

I just gotta make sure the friggin' thing actually posts when I want it to. There were a few past years where I'd set it to start at a specific time, and it would fail to do so. Which reminds me: I just realized the time displayed on my forum page is an hour later than the actual time. BRB...
That reminds me... the time and date shown in blogs is in server time.
The date on the forum is server time adjusted by a manually changed per-user offset.
The auto-detect for the offset adjustment sets mine to -5 when it should be 5.

Fun.
bombatomba
Blog Editor
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #12 on: November 14, 2018, 09:39:41 AM »

Maybe I shouldn't say this, but... this year's NSSS almost didn't happen. Due to blood clots and other mobility issues that forced me to take leave from work for the last 2+ months, I didn't think I'd have the budget or walking ability to pull it off this year. But when I acquired a certain something, stared at length at its label art, and found inspiration and  motivation to continue. What is this something, you ask? You'll find out soon enough...  Grin

I think I speak for everyone when I say that we all really appreciate the NSSS and the effort that it takes, especially in light of the health issues that you are experiencing.  I think we would all pray/hope for your speedy recovery.  

Yeah, if I remember in the past the NSSS posts have usually landed much earlier than intended.  Server time appears to be stuck in EDT (-4 UTC) which throws off everyone that uses daylight saving time.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2018, 09:45:23 AM by bombatomba » Logged

"Thou mayest all thy troubles now forget,
    Th'Imperi'l knaves have been outrun at last."

- Han Solo
Zagnorch
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #13 on: November 14, 2018, 01:13:42 PM »

UPDATE 11/14: While I won't make it a solid rule, I would very much like the sole game being offered in this year's NSSS to be claimed by someone who doesn't already own a copy of it. Thank you for your consideration.

I have also added a thirteenth item to the give-away stack.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2018, 06:34:34 PM by Zagnorch » Logged
mumboking
Do you feel the heartbeat of the land?
PlayStation
United Kingdom

WWW Stats
« Reply #14 on: November 16, 2018, 05:15:41 AM »

I just gotta make sure the friggin' thing actually posts when I want it to.
Whoops again! Tongue

But when I acquired a certain something, stared at length at its label art, and found inspiration and  motivation to continue. What is this something, you ask? You'll find out soon enough...  Grin
I was thinking "It's Silent Service isn't it?". I was right!
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length