RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 06:58:43 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: This land is peaceful, it's inhabitants kind.

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Community Playthroughs (Moderators: techwizard, singlebanana, wildbil52, GrayGhost81, Disposed Hero, MetalFRO) | Shmup Club December 2018 - Demon Attack VS Spider Fighter 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print
Author Topic: Shmup Club December 2018 - Demon Attack VS Spider Fighter  (Read 15779 times)
MetalFRO
RFG Moderator
United States
Awards: 2014 RFGen Top Shmuper

WWW Stats
« Reply #30 on: December 26, 2018, 08:26:16 PM »

Last week! I'm gonna do some Atari tonight. Spider Fighter is also growing on me.

Glad to hear it!  It's a fun game, and always good for a few rounds. Best of all, it's so pick up and play, it doesn't take much time, and you can get a few games in, without having to sit down for very long.

louisG
N-Gage

Stats
« Reply #31 on: December 27, 2018, 12:13:14 PM »

I haven't topped my last score yet, but with the orbs, I've found a better strategy: Get it into a position where it's firing at you and you're fleeing it. As soon as the beam passes, immediately reverse direction underneath it. Before, I would wait to try to get a sense of the timing between shots. But, I think there's always time to do this if you're close to its beam when it ends.
louisG
N-Gage

Stats
« Reply #32 on: January 16, 2019, 03:24:43 PM »

This was fun. Are people still playing, or is it time for a new game? Beamrider maybe? Cheesy Cheesy
MetalFRO
RFG Moderator
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #33 on: January 16, 2019, 04:42:16 PM »

This was fun. Are people still playing, or is it time for a new game? Beamrider maybe? Cheesy Cheesy

Yes, I'm sorry if you didn't know, but we move on to a new game each month. January is Thunder Force IV / Lightening Force:
http://www.rfgeneration.c...m/index.php?topic=18881.0

Beamrider is one I've recently acquired. I might have to play around with that a bit Smiley

singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #34 on: January 23, 2019, 04:37:47 PM »

Hate that I did not have to participate in this club event in December, but I was super busy.  Enjoying the show though and up to the Spider Fighter segment. Can't wait to hear which one each of you pick as your favorite.  I'll just say that one of these games is my favorite shooter on the 2600.

RFGen Co-Director; pinball, 2600 & NES nutjob, co-host of the RFGen
 Community Playthrough and the RFGen Playcast. Listen/Download on iTunes and Podbean: www.rfgplaycast.com

Complete licensed NA NES, U.S. SMS, NA Vectrex, and Microvision sets!, 11 left for 7800, 25 for 5200, 42 for Colecovision
MetalFRO
RFG Moderator
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #35 on: January 24, 2019, 10:26:50 AM »

Hate that I did not have to participate in this club event in December, but I was super busy.  Enjoying the show though and up to the Spider Fighter segment. Can't wait to hear which one each of you pick as your favorite.  I'll just say that one of these games is my favorite shooter on the 2600.

Thanks so much, Rich! That is gratifying to hear that you're enjoying the show.

singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #36 on: January 24, 2019, 12:57:21 PM »

New band name: Atari Fart Syndrome

RFGen Co-Director; pinball, 2600 & NES nutjob, co-host of the RFGen
 Community Playthrough and the RFGen Playcast. Listen/Download on iTunes and Podbean: www.rfgplaycast.com

Complete licensed NA NES, U.S. SMS, NA Vectrex, and Microvision sets!, 11 left for 7800, 25 for 5200, 42 for Colecovision
MetalFRO
RFG Moderator
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #37 on: January 25, 2019, 12:07:12 PM »

New band name: Atari Fart Syndrome

slick

I would so be in that band.

Pages: 1 2 [3] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: