RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 04:07:37 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: You are standing in an open field west of a white house, with a boarded front door.

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Community Playthroughs (Moderators: techwizard, singlebanana, wildbil52, GrayGhost81, Disposed Hero, MetalFRO) | RFGen 2019 NES Challenge 0 Members and 3 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 97 Print
Author Topic: RFGen 2019 NES Challenge  (Read 465554 times)
Crabmaster2000
Podcast Crew
Canada

Stats
« Reply #285 on: January 14, 2019, 08:55:40 AM »

You guys had a productive Sunday!! 10 games beaten since I last updated the thread. That's really great!

@shane - Top Man can be tricky to hit that final wily hit with for sure. You can use the snakes as a back up if you run out or just want to play it slower and safer too. Glad you were able to salvage your controller too, nicely done

@EngineerMike - Glad to see you put your name on the scoreboard!! Hopefully the first of many!

@singlebanana - runs a podcast, has another playthrough to keep up with, has family obligations and still slams out 3 NES games in one day. I think we could all learn a little something from this man Wink PS - Gremlins 2 is awesome!

@Ikariniku - that's too bad. I actually like Yo! Noid. It's not the best, but I always find it charming

@Disposed Hero - Shatterhand is awesome! Glad you enjoyed it. You should try Kick Master as well. Very much in the same vein and just as good.

I was hoping to add another completion to the list myself tonight and finish up Athena, but it bested me yet again tonight. Got stuck on the appropriately named World of Hell for like 3 hours tonight, before looking up that I basically needed an item drop from the previous levels boss in order to defeat that worlds boss that I had long since lost so I restarted. Was able to get past that part (which you have to do in one attempt or you lose that item again upon your death) then got stuck for another couple hours on the World of Labyrinth. Looks like there is only one more stage after that part of the game so my hope is tomorrow I can solve the labyrinth and never have to play Athena again. I havn't played every NES game yet, but I have a hunch that Athena may be a VERY strong contender for worst NES game. It's pretty garbage in a lot of ways.

EDIT: All completions and claims updated!

Want to see someone barely eke through a whole pile of NES games? Check out my youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/us...00Crabmaster?feature=mhee

300+ NES games beaten since October 2011

Co-Host of the Rfgeneration Collectorcast:
http://rfgenerationcollectorcast.podomatic.com/
Disposed Hero
RFG Moderator
United States
Awards: 2013 RFGeneration KING OF RAGE

Stats
« Reply #286 on: January 14, 2019, 09:02:51 AM »

@Disposed Hero - Shatterhand is awesome! Glad you enjoyed it. You should try Kick Master as well. Very much in the same vein and just as good.

Nice! I'm not familiar with that game but will check it out!

Also, you have 76 listed twice on the completed games list. Wink

Check out my YouTube Channel for VGM covers! https://www.youtube.com/disposedherovgm

Check out my Twitch Channel! https://www.twitch.tv/disposed_hero

Crabmaster2000
Podcast Crew
Canada

Stats
« Reply #287 on: January 14, 2019, 09:06:03 AM »

Nice! I'm not familiar with that game but will check it out!

Also, you have 76 listed twice on the completed games list. Wink

Banana only get's half points for his completions Tongue

Want to see someone barely eke through a whole pile of NES games? Check out my youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/us...00Crabmaster?feature=mhee

300+ NES games beaten since October 2011

Co-Host of the Rfgeneration Collectorcast:
http://rfgenerationcollectorcast.podomatic.com/
bickman2k
Director
United States
Awards: 2017 RF Generation Punch-Out Heavyweight Champion!

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #288 on: January 14, 2019, 10:36:34 AM »

Took care of a pair yesterday morning, but Google Photos was down and I couldn't link the pictures.

Dr. Mario, level 20, low speed.

First time playing Soccer. Not that great, but could see how it would be fun 2 player.

douglie007
Sega Dreamcast
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #289 on: January 14, 2019, 07:59:10 PM »

3 hours of grinding... got the magic key... its progreas.

Fokakis79
Donor

Stats
« Reply #290 on: January 14, 2019, 08:16:40 PM »

Finished off Faxanadu today. I have never spent a whole lot of time playing this game back in the day. Glad I picked it back up. It was pretty fun! The music was okay, not great but not annoying. Good background music. I guess the best way to describe the game is by calling it a platform rpg.  Wasn't  a big fan of the ending to the game. Kinda Anticlimactic, but the game was fun overall

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Fokakis79
Donor

Stats
« Reply #291 on: January 14, 2019, 10:22:54 PM »

Also just decided to pop in Dr. Jeckyll and Mr Hyde today. You can mark it off the list. Took me about an hour to complete it. I must say that last stage with the barrels and bombs is absolutely bonkers and I got lucky more than a few times. I know this game has bad reputation but its really not that bad. Its not a good game either. Its just kinda boring and annoying. I am wondering what others think about it that have actually sat down and played it.

shaggy
RFG Emperor
United States

Stats
« Reply #292 on: January 14, 2019, 11:25:41 PM »

Phantom Fighter is beat.

« Last Edit: January 15, 2019, 11:12:43 AM by singlebanana » Logged

NES cart only collection - 87% complete.
SMS set complete!
shaggy
RFG Emperor
United States

Stats
« Reply #293 on: January 14, 2019, 11:32:43 PM »

Claiming 8 Eyes.

NES cart only collection - 87% complete.
SMS set complete!
Disposed Hero
RFG Moderator
United States
Awards: 2013 RFGeneration KING OF RAGE

Stats
« Reply #294 on: January 14, 2019, 11:34:38 PM »

Rollergames done.

This game sucks. I chose it at random and was pleasantly surprised when I started looking into it. It looked very interesting, and it's a Konami (Ultra) game! Even though I could tell it wasn't a great game as soon as I started it, I actually enjoyed it for the first couple of levels. Then about a third into the game, it goes really heavy into some trial-and-error instant death platforming. It is constant. Most stages from this point took me dozens of tries. The final boss was really cheap too. I wouldn't recommend this game.

Check out my YouTube Channel for VGM covers! https://www.youtube.com/disposedherovgm

Check out my Twitch Channel! https://www.twitch.tv/disposed_hero

Fokakis79
Donor

Stats
« Reply #295 on: January 15, 2019, 12:21:35 AM »

@shaggy, Good luck with 8 Eyes! I think that game is so cool with the way you use your bird and the Castlevania-esque action.   Haven't had a chance to play it enough to get good at it to beat it, though! It is a pretty challenging game. Will need to add to my personal list of games to beat when this challenge is all over with.

Normatron
Memorex VIS
United States

Stats
« Reply #296 on: January 15, 2019, 01:07:15 AM »

Im rusty on this game and made it to the end by the skin of my teeth but I beat Gyruss!

* Gyruss.jpg (1536.04 KB, 4032x2738 - viewed 274 times.)
shane
Sega 32X
United States

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #297 on: January 15, 2019, 06:05:14 AM »

Won a game of Wheel of Fortune. I'm wondering if the end screen is the same for all of them. Thankfully, I'm playing in an emulator and the name is at the top as further proof.

shane
Sega 32X
United States

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #298 on: January 15, 2019, 07:39:34 AM »

Went Wheel of Fortune crazy and played the rest. They're identical until the Vanna White one, which strangely prevents you from selecting vowels after a spin like you'd expect but still allows you to select a consonant when buying a vowel. It's the only game that still gives you the spin menu option when there's only vowels left, though I don't know what happens if you pick it.

Wheel of Fortune Family Edition

Wheel of Fortune Junior Edition

Wheel of Fortune with Vanna White
shane
Sega 32X
United States

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #299 on: January 15, 2019, 07:41:16 AM »

As a bonus, here's the final word I got. It was 50/50 between two words and I guessed correct. When I saw how many letters I initially figured it would be quite easy since you get more letters up front than the other games.

Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 97 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length