RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 11:43:30 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Burgers from trash cans taste the best.

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Community Playthroughs (Moderators: techwizard, singlebanana, wildbil52, GrayGhost81, Disposed Hero, MetalFRO) | RFGen 2019 NES Challenge 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 97 Print
Author Topic: RFGen 2019 NES Challenge  (Read 465628 times)
Schlibby
DB Editor
United Kingdom

Stats
« Reply #720 on: April 12, 2019, 02:49:56 PM »

Took the rest of my play time today, but after a bit of trouble on a couple rounds I beat level 8 tonight. That just leaves the final level to beat next session. It's the longest though so it'll likely take me two sessions to finally complete this game.

This game certainly sounds like a chore. I’m impressed by your perseverance
shane
Sega 32X
United States

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #721 on: April 12, 2019, 04:22:18 PM »

Beat Pugsley's Scavenger Hunt. Once I read that there's a hidden rec room when you duck in the center of the main part of the house, it was a lot easier. There's so many 1ups from that series of rooms, that as long as you grab the additional hearts early on you're all set. Bosses have a very predictable pattern, so they weren't a whole lot of trouble once you know it.

The hit boxes and landing controls are pretty awful, so I don't think I'd recommend this game to platformer fans.

Disposed Hero
RFG Moderator
United States
Awards: 2013 RFGeneration KING OF RAGE

Stats
« Reply #722 on: April 14, 2019, 12:16:50 AM »

Double Dragon III: The Sacred Stones done.

So I thought I'd go ahead and finish off the Double Dragon trilogy. As a huge fan of beat 'em ups, I still got some enjoyment out of it, but this is definitely my least favorite of the bunch.

Check out my YouTube Channel for VGM covers! https://www.youtube.com/disposedherovgm

Check out my Twitch Channel! https://www.twitch.tv/disposed_hero

polykill_trav
Tiger Gizmondo

WWW Stats
« Reply #723 on: April 14, 2019, 08:43:31 PM »

Double Dragon III: The Sacred Stones done.

So I thought I'd go ahead and finish off the Double Dragon trilogy. As a huge fan of beat 'em ups, I still got some enjoyment out of it, but this is definitely my least favorite of the bunch.

Dammit. I finished this last night and waited to post it. My first attempt at adding to the list and I got beat by a matter of hours. And it was the hardest game I've ever beaten.

Son of a ********

/s
Crabmaster2000
Podcast Crew
Canada

Stats
« Reply #724 on: April 15, 2019, 07:46:17 AM »

@Schilbby - It's a bit of a slog, but honestly compared to something like the Bases Loaded games it's not so bad. I at least get new tracks and vehicles to race with each level so it's not just the same thing over and over. Level 9 is proving pretty challenging though so it may take longer than I thought.

@polykill_trav - that sucks man!! Happened to me early on too when I played Alfred Chicken and then waited a couple hours to update the thread and shane beat me to it by a couple hours. Definitely not as hard as something like Double Dragon 3 though. That game is legitimately challenging! I hope that wont dissuade you from choosing a new title to add to our list. You could always make claim to a game so that there is no chance of another player beating a game you are working on.

Want to see someone barely eke through a whole pile of NES games? Check out my youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/us...00Crabmaster?feature=mhee

300+ NES games beaten since October 2011

Co-Host of the Rfgeneration Collectorcast:
http://rfgenerationcollectorcast.podomatic.com/
shane
Sega 32X
United States

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #725 on: April 15, 2019, 04:52:43 PM »

@Schilbby - It's a bit of a slog, but honestly compared to something like the Bases Loaded games it's not so bad. I at least get new tracks and vehicles to race with each level so it's not just the same thing over and over. Level 9 is proving pretty challenging though so it may take longer than I thought.

@polykill_trav - that sucks man!! Happened to me early on too when I played Alfred Chicken and then waited a couple hours to update the thread and shane beat me to it by a couple hours. Definitely not as hard as something like Double Dragon 3 though. That game is legitimately challenging! I hope that wont dissuade you from choosing a new title to add to our list. You could always make claim to a game so that there is no chance of another player beating a game you are working on.

Haha! Yeah, I have a habit of trying a game before I claim it, and then just playing through it if it's not completely terrible. I've played a few that have been claimed as well. I got to Sabretooth in Wolverine and gave up, and tried Knight Rider a few times but couldn't get anywhere.
polykill_trav
Tiger Gizmondo

WWW Stats
« Reply #726 on: April 16, 2019, 06:15:26 AM »

Haha, naw. But what are the chances? Kind of nuts.

/s
Crabmaster2000
Podcast Crew
Canada

Stats
« Reply #727 on: April 16, 2019, 07:03:35 AM »

The level 9 races are SO much harder! I'm on race 6 of 16 now when I thought I'd be done. I'm also not able to get all 1sts like I normally do to this point. I'm still ahead pointwise, but it's a tiny lead and I'm worried about some of the more challenging races later on.

Want to see someone barely eke through a whole pile of NES games? Check out my youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/us...00Crabmaster?feature=mhee

Wempster
Donor
United States
Awards: 2016 RFGen Top Wheelman

WWW Stats
« Reply #728 on: April 16, 2019, 10:27:06 AM »

The RF Gen 2019 NES Challenge has been going well so far.  We had an explosive start in January and we're taking games down ever since then. We have amassed a pile of completed games and completed screenshots to go with them.  We want to celebrate this achievement so I compiled everyone's final screens and made a video.  Our own Disposed Hero made the wicked soundtrack and the statistics were provided by Crabmaster2000.  This video covers every game we beat in January and February.   I hope you guys enjoy it. 

polykill_trav
Tiger Gizmondo

WWW Stats
« Reply #729 on: April 16, 2019, 11:26:43 AM »

The RF Gen 2019 NES Challenge has been going well so far.  We had an explosive start in January and we're taking games down ever since then. We have amassed a pile of completed games and completed screenshots to go with them.  We want to celebrate this achievement so I compiled everyone's final screens and made a video.  Our own Disposed Hero made the wicked soundtrack and the statistics were provided by Crabmaster2000.  This video covers every game we beat in January and February.   I hope you guys enjoy it. 

That was awesome! Good work!

/s
Disposed Hero
RFG Moderator
United States
Awards: 2013 RFGeneration KING OF RAGE

Stats
« Reply #730 on: April 16, 2019, 12:45:42 PM »

Haha, I love that the thumbnail is one of Duke's masterpieces.

I had a lot of fun putting the music together. I hope you guys dig it!

Check out my YouTube Channel for VGM covers! https://www.youtube.com/disposedherovgm

Check out my Twitch Channel! https://www.twitch.tv/disposed_hero

bickman2k
Director
United States
Awards: 2017 RF Generation Punch-Out Heavyweight Champion!

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #731 on: April 16, 2019, 12:47:52 PM »

This going to be very bizarre, but I found my cables for my Miracle Piano. I don't know if it works or if the lag from an LCD TV will make it incredibly difficult or how much time I'll have, but I'll go ahead and claim Miracle Piano. If someone else is working on it without a claim and would like to, let me know, but I'll give it a shot.

bombatomba
Blog Editor
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #732 on: April 16, 2019, 01:11:33 PM »

Very very nice!  We've still got a ways to go, but I can't wait to sit and watch the whole thing from January to December.  Good job, guys, seriously.

"Thou mayest all thy troubles now forget,
    Th'Imperi'l knaves have been outrun at last."

- Han Solo
Wempster
Donor
United States
Awards: 2016 RFGen Top Wheelman

WWW Stats
« Reply #733 on: April 16, 2019, 01:40:23 PM »

Very very nice!  We've still got a ways to go, but I can't wait to sit and watch the whole thing from January to December.  Good job, guys, seriously.

Oh there's absolutely going to be a supercut of all the videos together once we finish them off. It'll be an hour and a half of end screens set to metal music lol!
Crabmaster2000
Podcast Crew
Canada

Stats
« Reply #734 on: April 16, 2019, 03:15:44 PM »

Oh there's absolutely going to be a supercut of all the videos together once we finish them off. It'll be an hour and a half of end screens set to metal music lol!

That's my dream movie. I'd pay for a ticket to see that in a theater

Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 97 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length