RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 03:16:17 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: You are standing in an open field west of a white house, with a boarded front door.

RF Generation Message Board | Collecting | Collection Connection | Selling off a bunch of games (and not taking it so well) 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Selling off a bunch of games (and not taking it so well)  (Read 3106 times)
Cambot
Memorex VIS

Stats
« on: December 17, 2018, 03:40:03 PM »

About to begin "THE PURGE." No, not the movie, but my video game collection.

This is only 3 of about maybe 7 boxes to sell. I will keep a few boxes worth of stuff I wouldn't/couldn't sell in bulk, and stuff I really just want to keep. This goes back to the Dreamcast days and beyond! 

Thing is, I have two kids now and another on the way. What was once my office/gaming cave will now become a nursery for about a year or more, and stuff that has been sitting unplayed and untouched really has to go. I am taking the easy way out and going to a used game/music/dvd chain. I don't even know how to begin shopping around, as it will take hours for any shop to go through my stuff.

Anyway, just wanted to vent. Who else been down this road?

[img width=700 height=393]https://i.imgur.com/EP4biCi.jpg[/img]

[img width=231 height=65]http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y139/ckeene/snes_logo.jpg[/img]
MetalFRO
Blog Writer
United States
Awards: 2014 RFGen Top Shmuper

WWW Stats
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2018, 05:18:25 PM »

Sorry you have to get rid of your gaming stuff. Thankfully, I haven't had to do that, but I did purge about a 3rd of my CD collection about a decade ago, along with 90% of my DVD collection, because I had bills to pay. It sucks, but eventually, you learn to let go, and reacquire the stuff you can when it makes sense, and the stuff that you learn to live without, you're probably better off without it anyway. Not sure how comforting that is, but that's what I have to offer.

shane
Sega 32X
United States

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2018, 09:40:17 PM »

I keep looking at my game and console collection and try to figure out whether or not I should keep it considering I never have time to play any of it. I haven't even had the time to finish the shelves I started making for the handhelds. But if the past is any indication, in 5-10 years I'll want to get things back that I got rid of. I did the same thing with my drum equipment and MTG, though I got back out of MTG again when I realized no one wanted to just play for fun.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length