RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 09:16:40 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Where we play the Power Pad with our feet, not our hands, dagnabbit!

RF Generation Message Board | Announcements and Feedback | Announcements and Feedback | Gears of War Ultimate Edition/Rare Replay Addition 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Gears of War Ultimate Edition/Rare Replay Addition  (Read 3098 times)
shaggy
RFG Emperor
United States

Stats
« on: February 11, 2019, 08:44:35 PM »

I don't understand why this will not be added to the database because compilations are considered separate titles.  There are several compilations already in the system and it doesn't make sense as this is a separate release.  Not adding this, or similar titles, are going to leave holes in people's collection.  This would be in the same vain as the various users who wanted variations in the database, which this could be considered.  Here are some titles already in the system:

http://www.rfgeneration.c...nfo.pl?ID=U-115-S-04251-A
http://www.rfgeneration.c...nfo.pl?ID=U-115-S-02500-A
http://www.rfgeneration.c...nfo.pl?ID=U-075-S-04440-A

This does not include the various compilations of Arcade games, Sega games, SNK Games, Midway Games, etc.

Thank you.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2019, 08:54:38 PM by shaggy » Logged

NES cart only collection - 87% complete.
SMS set complete!
Schlibby
DB Editor
United Kingdom

Stats
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2019, 03:52:11 AM »

Eh? It’s already in the database:

http://www.rfgeneration.c...nfo.pl?ID=U-216-S-01800-A

What’s the issue?
shaggy
RFG Emperor
United States

Stats
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2019, 08:21:46 AM »

Eh? It’s already in the database:

http://www.rfgeneration.c...nfo.pl?ID=U-216-S-01800-A

What’s the issue?

I bought the game on Sunday, did a search and it didn't come up in the database.  I checked for variations and I still couldn't find it.  I submitted an addition for this game and it was rejected saying that compilations are considered separate titles.  That is what the issue is/was.  Thanks for posting the link to add the title.

SMS set complete!
Schlibby
DB Editor
United Kingdom

Stats
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2019, 01:32:11 PM »

Who told you that about compilations? All compilations are acceptable in the database. Even ones as basic as a few games cellophaned together with a paper sleeve (as long as there’s proof they were originally sold in such a way).
tactical_nuke
DB Reviewer
United States

Stats
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2019, 06:20:27 PM »

I rejected it because, if I recall correctly, it was submitted as a variant of Gears Ultimate. I said compilations are treated as separate titles (I think I can't really word it clearly). For example, JetSet Radio Future and Sega GT double pack is its own thing instead of two variants of those games.

Also, I think the reason it wasn't searchable is because the title was incorrectly spaced prior to me editing it (Gears Ultimate Edition/Rare Replay) instead of (Gears Ultimate Edition / Rare Replay). It seems like it wouldn't matter but the way the DB is coded, it thinks "Edition/Rare" is one word which causes problems.
Schlibby
DB Editor
United Kingdom

Stats
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2019, 07:09:00 PM »

I rejected it because, if I recall correctly, it was submitted as a variant of Gears Ultimate. I said compilations are treated as separate titles (I think I can't really word it clearly). For example, JetSet Radio Future and Sega GT double pack is its own thing instead of two variants of those games.

Ahh yes, fair enough. As the honourable gentleman has stated here compilations get added as if they were a unique game.

It’s good practice to add the individual games as related games where they were released individually but this is by no means essential.
shaggy
RFG Emperor
United States

Stats
« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2019, 09:24:31 PM »

Also, I think the reason it wasn't searchable is because the title was incorrectly spaced prior to me editing it (Gears Ultimate Edition/Rare Replay) instead of (Gears Ultimate Edition / Rare Replay). It seems like it wouldn't matter but the way the DB is coded, it thinks "Edition/Rare" is one word which causes problems.

That makes sense.  Thanks for the clarification.

SMS set complete!
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length