RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 06:47:51 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: It's not the size of the collection, it's how you store it!

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Community Playthroughs (Moderators: techwizard, singlebanana, wildbil52, GrayGhost81, Disposed Hero, MetalFRO) | Episode #58 - RF Generation Playcast (Lunar Knights) 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Episode #58 - RF Generation Playcast (Lunar Knights)  (Read 5112 times)
singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« on: February 13, 2019, 10:17:24 PM »

New episode incoming!

RFGen Co-Director; pinball, 2600 & NES nutjob, co-host of the RFGen
 Community Playthrough and the RFGen Playcast. Listen/Download on iTunes and Podbean: www.rfgplaycast.com

Complete licensed NA NES, U.S. SMS, NA Vectrex, and Microvision sets!, 11 left for 7800, 25 for 5200, 42 for Colecovision
Crabmaster2000
Podcast Crew
Canada

Stats
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2019, 09:03:55 AM »

You know your podcast is off to a great start when you hear some Judas Priest in the first few minutes!!

Want to see someone barely eke through a whole pile of NES games? Check out my youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/us...00Crabmaster?feature=mhee

300+ NES games beaten since October 2011

Co-Host of the Rfgeneration Collectorcast:
http://rfgenerationcollectorcast.podomatic.com/
singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2019, 09:14:32 AM »

You know your podcast is off to a great start when you hear some Judas Priest in the first few minutes!!

Funny, that I was expecting this post from you. Ha ha!

Community Playthrough and the RFGen Playcast. Listen/Download on iTunes and Podbean: www.rfgplaycast.com

Complete licensed NA NES, U.S. SMS, NA Vectrex, and Microvision sets!, 11 left for 7800, 25 for 5200, 42 for Colecovision
TurnAroundAndRun
N-Gage

Stats
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2019, 09:26:47 AM »

Just hit play!

Praying something cool might happen
Crabmaster2000
Podcast Crew
Canada

Stats
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2019, 08:35:52 AM »

Sorry for the slow feedback this month. Finally caught up and finished the episode.

Excellent edit of my favorite handheld comment, definitely got the essence of what I was trying to say in there. Never thought of the character limit on twitter being a good thing before, but it definitely would make sense for stuff like this. I'll try and condense my answer for those kinds of questions in the future.

All 3 of you guys mentioned that you played about 80% Lucien 20% Aaron during you games. I played heavily Lucien for the first 3 quarters of the game, but then totally switched gears to favor Aaron for the late game. His homing missiles where just too powerful for me to ignore and the worked so well to hit small quick enemies as well as keep distance between me and bigger baddies that could dish out more damage. I put nearly every stat point I earned for both characters into my damage output for the entire game as well as spent a bit of time grinding weapon upgrades so by the end both characters where capable of killing any bad guy very easily so just to have the extra distance to avoid getting hit (because my hit points were fairly low since I ignored upgrading them) I found Aaron to be much safer to fight with. Also didn't find his usage of energy to be much of an issue like all 3 of you guys mentioned. Those points in each level that have hidden crystals that refill your health and energy respawn if you leave a screen and return so I could spam those to refill as well as find a good room with a window outside to recharge. I didn't do it often, but you can also just find a safe spot and wait for the night to end and day to start if you're in a real bind and totally out of items and can't find a crystal.

You guys also all seemed to discount the whistling mechanic completely, but I found it super useful for the areas that have hidden pits that drop you down a level. If you whistled at an enemy they would charge you and if there happened to be a pit between you they would fall into it. This was great to both show me where the pits where as well as avoid a fight in an area where I could be knocked into a pit. I agree that it was a dumb mechanic for the stealth areas which is where they seemed to want you to use it, but great for setting off traps.

I definitely side with Shawn and Corey that I was a fan of the music. I do also agree with Rich that if you think about it the tone of the music rarely matches the tone of the game. A lot of different Anime seems to like to use jazzy music regardless of the tone of the anime though so I'm curious if the 3 of us are just used to that dissonance in tones and with Rich not watching quite as much Anime as the rest of us found it a lot more jarring. Could be wrong, but just a thought.

Corey was a great guest and did a good job of adding his own thoughts and fleshing out the conversation at times. Wouldn't be sad if he showed up again from time to time Smiley

🤘I might as well begin to put some action in my life🤘
🤘Breaking the Law, Breaking the Law🤘

Want to see someone barely eke through a whole pile of NES games? Check out my youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/us...00Crabmaster?feature=mhee

300+ NES games beaten since October 2011

Co-Host of the Rfgeneration Collectorcast:
http://rfgenerationcollectorcast.podomatic.com/
singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2019, 09:04:30 AM »

Thanks for the feedback Crabby!  As usual, it is always apprecitated. Smiley

I am really surprised that you actually got to use Aaron that much. I also thought that the homing missiles were useful in many instances, but I just could not keep his energy up. Sure, there are the hidden crystal areas, but I'm just not the type of player to have to continually go back into rooms to spam refills. I dunno, just seems unnecessary to me and I would have enjoyed the game better if Aaron had a default weapon like Lucien.

As far as the whistling goes, I understand that it can be useful in a room full of pits, but if I recall correctly, there are only two of these places in the entire game. Never really used it in either one and my efforts were basically just trial and error. Overall, I just feel that it was not implemented into the game enough to justify its presence. Much more useful in the Metal Gear games, which I believe it pays homage to.

Interesting take on the music and why I probably have a different opinion than Shawn and Corey. For me, it's more about not matching the tone of the game and just the jarring nature of so many styles woven together.  I don't mind the jazzy tunes, I just wanted much more consistency.

I agree, Corey was fantastic.  I have never spoken with him prior to this call and I found conversing with him very easy and enjoyable.  I love it when guests a ready to talk and give their input.

Duke.Togo
Nintender Tape
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2019, 09:54:23 PM »

I always listen to the show even though I don't often play the game. Just wanted to chime in and say good job.

singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2019, 09:09:27 AM »

I always listen to the show even though I don't often play the game. Just wanted to chime in and say good job.

Thanks man!  We appreciate the listen.

TurnAroundAndRun
N-Gage

Stats
« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2019, 02:11:53 PM »

Thanks for the kind words everyone. It was a blast being on the podcast with Rich and Shawn.

Praying something cool might happen
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length