RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 07:28:50 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Where the PSP Go matters more than HBO Go.

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Community Playthroughs (Moderators: techwizard, singlebanana, wildbil52, GrayGhost81, Disposed Hero, MetalFRO) | April 2019 Playthrough - Limbo & Inside 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Print
Author Topic: April 2019 Playthrough - Limbo & Inside  (Read 16583 times)
singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« on: March 09, 2019, 04:49:36 PM »

I think that the best way to attack these games is to break them up and play each one for half of the month. Participants are encouraged to discuss the games, but please do not give away any spoilers re: the endings the end of each game's play period.

CHECKPOINTS:
April 1st - 15th:  LIMBO
April 16th - 30th: INSIDE

PARTICIPANTS:
singlebanana
GrayGhost81
Crabmaster2000
Pam
RobotWillie
douglie007
zophar53
« Last Edit: April 02, 2019, 11:22:29 AM by singlebanana » Logged

RFGen Co-Director; pinball, 2600 & NES nutjob, co-host of the RFGen
 Community Playthrough and the RFGen Playcast. Listen/Download on iTunes and Podbean: www.rfgplaycast.com

Complete licensed NA NES, U.S. SMS, NA Vectrex, and Microvision sets!, 11 left for 7800, 25 for 5200, 42 for Colecovision
Crabmaster2000
Podcast Crew
Canada

Stats
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2019, 04:52:40 PM »

Pokemon Ruby and Sapphire!! Finally!!

Want to see someone barely eke through a whole pile of NES games? Check out my youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/us...00Crabmaster?feature=mhee

300+ NES games beaten since October 2011

Co-Host of the Rfgeneration Collectorcast:
http://rfgenerationcollectorcast.podomatic.com/
douglie007
Sega Dreamcast
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2019, 02:09:21 AM »

Limbo and Inside?

singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2019, 12:34:30 PM »

Limbo and Inside?

You got it!

Community Playthrough and the RFGen Playcast. Listen/Download on iTunes and Podbean: www.rfgplaycast.com

Complete licensed NA NES, U.S. SMS, NA Vectrex, and Microvision sets!, 11 left for 7800, 25 for 5200, 42 for Colecovision
Crabmaster2000
Podcast Crew
Canada

Stats
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2019, 01:36:21 PM »

I thought I might miss out this month, but I just looked it up and both games got a physical release. Just have to find myself a PS4 copy in the next couple weeks.

Want to see someone barely eke through a whole pile of NES games? Check out my youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/us...00Crabmaster?feature=mhee

Pam
Blog Writer

WWW Stats
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2019, 07:34:30 PM »

Nice, I've played both of these before but I liked them and they're short. I will play along.
RobotWillie
Don't You Know Blackmail is Way Uncool
PlayStation
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2019, 03:36:34 AM »

I actually played Limbo back in January around New Year and liked it a lot, I love the art style and concept. But I suck at puzzle games too so I had to look up things more than I like to admit. But I had been planning on doing Inside soon in the next month, so I will be getting to it soon too, I think before the end of the month for sure. As for when I got it, I got it for Xmas from Target for 15$ with a 30% off discount I think it was with some other games. They had a deal where you would get a coupon if you bought 50$+ of games on Black Friday that was good about a week. So I had my dad use that coupon to get some other games I wanted too! Helping people save on your gifts feels good!

douglie007
Sega Dreamcast
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2019, 06:37:21 AM »

I'm in.. I need to find inside

zophar53
Blog Writer
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2019, 11:13:39 PM »

I'm definitely in for this one. I love these games. I finished Limbo back when it first came out and would enjoy playing through it again. I only ever got about a third of the way through Inside though, so now I'll have a great reason to go back to it.

RobotWillie
Don't You Know Blackmail is Way Uncool
PlayStation
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2019, 11:49:50 PM »

I beat Inside today! I liked it a little more than Limbo I think because there is a bit more to it story wise and gameplay wise as far as the environment and what you control around it and the obstacles. And its a very pretty looking game too but I like the art style of Limbo a lot too. The last 25-20% of Inside was not what I was expecting which is a good thing and offered a good surprise. I don't want to spoil here, its just a cool game with a lot of cool ideas, they both are. I didn't struggle figuring out what to do as much with Inside as well, a very very small fraction of the time compared with Limbo looking up what to do. But I can't say thats why I like it more, but it made me feel better IQ wise.

I will get rest the collectibles I missed tomorrow, maybe about half of them left. But I didn't worry about collecting them since I knew you could go back to the chapter select like in Limbo and just went with the flow of the game, the ones I found were me stumbling on them by myself and it was only 2 or 3 of them.

I beat your checkpoint by a Month for Inside lol. But I wanted to play it now. And I beat Limbo in January. But I never did succeed in navigating the maze for the secret ending maybe I will try that again.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2019, 12:21:51 AM by RobotWillie » Logged

Crabmaster2000
Podcast Crew
Canada

Stats
« Reply #10 on: April 02, 2019, 07:40:36 AM »

The checkpoint says not to discuss the endings until the end of the month. Can we freely talk Limbo after the 15th though since that's the checkpoint?

singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #11 on: April 02, 2019, 11:21:40 AM »

The checkpoint says not to discuss the endings until the end of the month. Can we freely talk Limbo after the 15th though since that's the checkpoint?

Yes sir!  Thanks for pointing that out Crabby. I have updated the initial post. Smiley
« Last Edit: April 02, 2019, 11:37:07 AM by singlebanana » Logged

Pam
Blog Writer

WWW Stats
« Reply #12 on: April 02, 2019, 12:17:31 PM »

I beat your checkpoint by a Month for Inside lol. But I wanted to play it now. And I beat Limbo in January. But I never did succeed in navigating the maze for the secret ending maybe I will try that again.

Is there a secret ending in Limbo?
GrayGhost81
RFG Moderator
United States

Stats
« Reply #13 on: April 03, 2019, 05:42:54 AM »

Is there a secret ending in Limbo?

No. There's some kind of achievement for meeting certain conditions but apparently the content does not change.

I first played Limbo in 2012. I had just jumped into the new generation with an XBOX 360 and the buzz around Limbo was insane, so as a "physical only" collector at the time, I picked up the three-pack with included also Trials HD and 'Splosion Man. Even though I grabbed the PS4 Inside/Limbo disc for this playthrough, I played Limbo off the 360 three pack for old times sake. It's a great collection. Getting frustrated with Limbo? Bail on it for a few minutes and get frustrated with Trials HD instead!

Listeners of our podcast or people who know me in general know I am very bad with most video game puzzles. For whatever reason, the ones in Limbo (and so far Inside) just really click with me. I am able to see what it on screen and visualize the use of the objects available based on the established rules of the game. I accept that multiple deaths and trial and error are part of the process and as each puzzle 'clicks' with me I'll get excited that I figured something out, even as the boy's decapitated head is rolling down a hill.

I'm hoping that by the time we record the podcast for these games, I can enunciate why Playdead's games just gel with me when other dev's environmental puzzles almost never do.

Crabmaster2000
Podcast Crew
Canada

Stats
« Reply #14 on: April 03, 2019, 07:50:08 AM »

I'm hoping that by the time we record the podcast for these games, I can enunciate why Playdead's games just gel with me when other dev's environmental puzzles almost never do.

I'll be really curious to hear your thoughts on that subject. I feel the exact same way about a lot of different developers and styles of games, but I've never really thought about it in a puzzle solving context before.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length