RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 06:58:51 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Where the PSP Go matters more than HBO Go.

RF Generation Message Board | Announcements and Feedback | The Thinktank | Can we get a Spectravideo console/category? 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Can we get a Spectravideo console/category?  (Read 6394 times)
ugr
DB Contributor

Stats
« on: March 10, 2019, 07:49:26 PM »

Hey there, I wanted to add my Spectravideo (SVI-318/328) tapes to the database, but couldn't find a console. Can one be added?
ugr
DB Contributor

Stats
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2019, 02:26:37 PM »

It was suggested by Shadow Kusanagi that I answer a few questions, namely is the Spectravideo its own system with its own library of software, and are there games in the mix? The answer to all of these questions is yes. Although it is closely related to MSX and Colecovision because of shared hardware specs, it is not fully compatible with the MSX and cannot run MSX software. There was an expansion module for the SVI-318 that allowed Colecovision titles to be played, though.

The SVI-328 is widely considered to be the reference FOR the MSX, but again, is not one. That's the 728.

Some reference material:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SV-318
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SV-328

Let me know if I can be of any assistance! I plan to add entries and images for my SVI stuff once I can.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length