RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 09:27:05 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Where we're rolling around at the speed of sound.

RF Generation Message Board | Collecting | Collection Connection | My other collection... Star Wars, M.A.S.K., Marvel, Exo Squad. 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: My other collection... Star Wars, M.A.S.K., Marvel, Exo Squad.  (Read 7865 times)
Bear78
DB Contributor
United States

WWW Stats
« on: May 13, 2019, 07:43:26 AM »

Not game related but.... Spent yesterday afternoon installing LED lights on my toy shelves. Turned out pretty good for my first time cutting / resizing / extending them.

Just about got my Game Room(s) ready for a Blog post singlebanana Tongue
« Last Edit: September 06, 2019, 03:58:48 PM by Bear78 » Logged

MaterialHandlerMike
Atari Lynx
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2019, 08:23:43 PM »

Nice pic! So much eye candy in this photo. I love all the vintage SW stuff, and also dig the M.A.S.K. collection! Boulder Hill!

Complete NA NES collection (minus Stadium Events)
MetalFRO
Blog Writer
United States
Awards: 2014 RFGen Top Shmuper

WWW Stats
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2019, 11:35:24 AM »

Wow, awesome setup, man! Impressive collection of toys there. Most impressive.

Bear78
DB Contributor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2019, 12:13:31 PM »

Thanks guys!  I forgot this site auto resizes things so if you want to see a higher resolution version, I posted it over on reddit

https://www.reddit.com/r/...hare&utm_medium=web2x

tactical_nuke
DB Reviewer
United States

Stats
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2019, 11:40:15 PM »

Very nice. If I had the room, I'd do something just like this but with glass. I hate how dusty things get.
Bear78
DB Contributor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2019, 09:48:16 AM »

Very nice. If I had the room, I'd do something just like this but with glass. I hate how dusty things get.

Yeah, dust is always a problem.  I've more or less set most of this up in the last year or so, so most of it is fine but the vintage Star Wars stuff is starting to get a thin layer on it.  It's all in a basement though so I think that helps some.  Either way, I'll have to do a big dusting some day lol

Zagnorch
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2019, 05:03:49 PM »

What, no Transformers? Oh, are they not good enough for your collection, ya bourgeois elitist swine?! HUH?! ANSWER ME, DARN YOU!!! And don't give me that mealy-mouthed "Well, MASK toys are kinda Transformersish" nonsense! T-Bob isn't worthy of even being a GoBot, let alone a Transformer!  grrr

Okay... okay... a couple deep breaths... count to ten... all right, I'm good. Sorry 'bout the mood swing there. Fortunately, I cooled down a bit after I saw your Star Wars section... with nary a prequel toy in the lot. Make sure to keep it that way if you never want me to lose respect for you.

So, ummm... when are you adding the My Little Pony / Jem & the Holograms wing to your gallery? And don't you pretend to not know what I'm talking about...  Wink

On a more serious note: do you have to worry about the plastic parts yellowing under those LED lights? Or is that just a problem with sunlight and incandescents?
Bear78
DB Contributor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2019, 05:02:22 PM »

What, no Transformers? Oh, are they not good enough for your collection, ya bourgeois elitist swine?! HUH?! ANSWER ME, DARN YOU!!! And don't give me that mealy-mouthed "Well, MASK toys are kinda Transformersish" nonsense! T-Bob isn't worthy of even being a GoBot, let alone a Transformer!  grrr

Okay... okay... a couple deep breaths... count to ten... all right, I'm good. Sorry 'bout the mood swing there. Fortunately, I cooled down a bit after I saw your Star Wars section... with nary a prequel toy in the lot. Make sure to keep it that way if you never want me to lose respect for you.

So, ummm... when are you adding the My Little Pony / Jem & the Holograms wing to your gallery? And don't you pretend to not know what I'm talking about...  Wink

On a more serious note: do you have to worry about the plastic parts yellowing under those LED lights? Or is that just a problem with sunlight and incandescents?

Hahahahah!  If you look alllllll the way to the right, in the room in the background, you can just make out the corners of 2  1/2 shelves dedicated to Transformers Tongue  It's a bit of a mix of Gen1 and Gen2 with some other random stuff thrown in.  Maybe I should take pics of that too...

No Jem or MLP stuff for me lol.

As for the yellowing, from what I've read, LEDs put off hardly any UV rays (much much less then all other light sources) so it really shouldn't be an issue.  Also, I'm not planning on leaving these on all the time so it really shouldn't be a factor.

Zagnorch
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2019, 05:48:30 PM »

Hahahahah!  If you look alllllll the way to the right, in the room in the background, you can just make out the corners of 2  1/2 shelves dedicated to Transformers Tongue  It's a bit of a mix of Gen1 and Gen2 with some other random stuff thrown in.  Maybe I should take pics of that too...

You freakin' tease, you.  evilhappy

Hope you'll be posting that part of your collection one of these months. That's gonna be so freakin' hot...  fappery
Schlibby
DB Editor
United Kingdom

Stats
« Reply #9 on: May 19, 2019, 03:41:52 PM »

This is a cool collection. Would be good to see some closer photos of the different sections.

You seem to have a Zuckuss fetish :-p
Bear78
DB Contributor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #10 on: September 06, 2019, 04:03:00 PM »

Hahahahah!  If you look alllllll the way to the right, in the room in the background, you can just make out the corners of 2  1/2 shelves dedicated to Transformers Tongue  It's a bit of a mix of Gen1 and Gen2 with some other random stuff thrown in.  Maybe I should take pics of that too...

You freakin' tease, you.  evilhappy

Hope you'll be posting that part of your collection one of these months. That's gonna be so freakin' hot...  fappery

Finally remembered to take some pics of the Transformers area  Grin

I wouldn't necessarily call myself an active Transformers collector but I'll pick up G1 bots when I see them cheap at flea markets.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2019, 04:06:52 PM by Bear78 » Logged

Zagnorch
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #11 on: September 06, 2019, 09:07:12 PM »

Hey now...

You freakin' tease, you.  evilhappy

Hope you'll be posting that part of your collection one of these months. That's gonna be so freakin' hot...  fappery

Finally remembered to take some pics of the Transformers area  Grin

I wouldn't necessarily call myself an active Transformers collector but I'll pick up G1 bots when I see them cheap at flea markets.

Shocked  fappery  Shocked  fappery  Shocked  fappery  Shocked  fappery  Shocked  fappery  Shocked  fappery

ANYway, your latest post is quite the coinkydink; I was just about to post my latest super-mega-awesome acquisition to the Small Toy Scores thread. You might wanna check it out...

...'Late
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length