RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 18, 2024, 10:28:11 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Where we're rolling around at the speed of sound.

RF Generation Message Board | Announcements and Feedback | Announcements and Feedback | Bloodstained Ritual of the Night Kickstarter 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Bloodstained Ritual of the Night Kickstarter  (Read 7111 times)
Bear78
DB Contributor
United States

WWW Stats
« on: June 20, 2019, 07:33:45 PM »

Does the "Kickstarter edition" warrant it's own variation?  I ask because it's just the normal retail version with a special backer only slip cover.  The only real unique part is the slip cover and the packaging it was mailed in.  I almost submitted it as a variation but figured I would see what everyone else thought.

Duke.Togo
Nintender Tape
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2019, 09:03:33 PM »

I'd submit it as a variant if it included an exclusive slip cover.

Schlibby
DB Editor
United Kingdom

Stats
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2019, 02:42:28 AM »

I would say no. The game and box are identical. I believe the slip cover isn’t even console specific (though I’m still waiting for mine cus here in the UK the game and slip have been sent separately).

So I would put the slip as an extra media
Bear78
DB Contributor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2019, 09:45:52 AM »

I would say no. The game and box are identical. I believe the slip cover isn’t even console specific (though I’m still waiting for mine cus here in the UK the game and slip have been sent separately).

So I would put the slip as an extra media

You are correct, the slip cover is not console specific beyond maybe a size difference.  Here's some scans of what would be the kickstarter variant

https://1drv.ms/u/s!Ah278XixSTxogYMfHV8Ds-0rHxq4Yg?e=pRI4Fn

singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2019, 12:14:58 PM »

If we are looking at precedent on the site, Friday the 13th was a Kickstarter with the only difference being the slip cover and some stickers.  This was listed as a variant and scans of the slip were added under extra media. Just my two cents.

RFGen Co-Director; pinball, 2600 & NES nutjob, co-host of the RFGen
 Community Playthrough and the RFGen Playcast. Listen/Download on iTunes and Podbean: www.rfgplaycast.com

Complete licensed NA NES, U.S. SMS, NA Vectrex, and Microvision sets!, 11 left for 7800, 25 for 5200, 42 for Colecovision
Bear78
DB Contributor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2019, 12:49:06 PM »

If we are looking at precedent on the site, Friday the 13th was a Kickstarter with the only difference being the slip cover and some stickers.  This was listed as a variant and scans of the slip were added under extra media. Just my two cents.

I ended up adding it as a variation based on this.

http://www.rfgeneration.c...nfo.pl?ID=U-215-S-10790-B

Schlibby
DB Editor
United Kingdom

Stats
« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2019, 12:42:01 PM »

Just started playing. Great stuff so far
Bear78
DB Contributor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2019, 02:00:10 PM »

bumping this back up as I got the rest of my "ALCHEMIST'S TREASURE" edition rewards which includes a bunch of extra stuff and a box / slip for it all to go in.  So my question is, does this qualify for an entirely new entry "Kickstarter - Alchemist's Treasure Edition" or would this extra stuff just go in as extra media on the existing Kickstarter edition entry.  Technically it all shipped out after the physical game released and the case / extras is made to house any version of the game (ps4, switch, etc.).

Bear78
DB Contributor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #8 on: October 23, 2019, 09:49:57 AM »

bumping this back up as I got the rest of my "ALCHEMIST'S TREASURE" edition rewards which includes a bunch of extra stuff and a box / slip for it all to go in.  So my question is, does this qualify for an entirely new entry "Kickstarter - Alchemist's Treasure Edition" or would this extra stuff just go in as extra media on the existing Kickstarter edition entry.  Technically it all shipped out after the physical game released and the case / extras is made to house any version of the game (ps4, switch, etc.).

I ended up adding these as extra media under the existing Kickstarter edition entry.

Schlibby
DB Editor
United Kingdom

Stats
« Reply #9 on: October 23, 2019, 11:06:11 AM »

I ended up adding these as extra media under the existing Kickstarter edition entry.

Like how you did that with the header in extra media. Very tidy :-)
Bear78
DB Contributor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #10 on: October 23, 2019, 11:13:17 AM »

Thank you sir!

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length