RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 15, 2024, 10:57:33 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: We really love that Sega Dreamcast fishing controller and Sega Bass Fishing.

RF Generation Message Board | Announcements and Feedback | Announcements and Feedback | INTV Carnival Differences 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: INTV Carnival Differences  (Read 3133 times)
ugr
DB Contributor

Stats
« on: July 11, 2019, 10:41:18 PM »

Okay, so there are some subtle differences in these carts. I'm trying to figure out what course of action to take in submitting data and images about the carts.

I checked INTV Funhouse's Carnival Entry and it looks like I have a label variant not listed there.

Left cart has "Printed in U.S.A." on its own line, "Printed" got word wrapped to the next line. Same at the bottom with "New York", where "York" gets wrapped to the next line. So the right-hand cart could be the "more packed text" variant, but then the right hand cart has the "endlabel" (well, it's a wraparound but hopefully whoever is reading this knows what I mean) logo upside down compared to the other cart. So one of them we could call it an "upside down endlabel" variant. The question is, would people be able to figure out either of these things, and how can we succinctly explain that in a variant description?

But then, it gets more complicated...... there's the possibility that one of the carts comes with one of the box variants, and the other with another.......so if a few folks with inspectable copies could chime in on what they've got, we can possibly get to the bottom of this and figure out if certain carts were paired with certain boxes. I'm sure I'm not the only one with a cart that has "Printed" starting its own line.

* intv-carnival-differences.jpg (125.83 KB, 1280x768 - viewed 316 times.)
tactical_nuke
DB Reviewer
United States

Stats
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2019, 11:23:14 PM »

We'd need to have verified paired cart/boxes or sealed copies to really get the specifics down. Not to mention the manual variations that are listed on that site as well. All together, there could be dozens of combinations of carts, boxes and manuals. There gets a point where it would just be practical to add label variants under the "extra media" field or just note it in the comments field in your personal collection. It would also be acceptable, at least by my standards, to add a variant called "Wider Text Cart". It's not unheard of on the site, especially for 2600 games and their brethren.
ugr
DB Contributor

Stats
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2019, 01:12:51 AM »

I guess my hope was that since we're here on rfgeneration, a collector's heaven, we could use the forums, a method of communication, to all talk about which combinations we have to get to the bottom of it Wink
nupoile
DB Contributor
United States
Awards: 2014 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2019, 08:52:58 AM »

I am pretty certain that there are a bunch of INTV games that have similarly different variants. Like Fleabitten says, they would mix and match boxes and carts too. So saying a particular cart goes with a particular box is difficult.

INTV games are by far the worst for this as my own collection goes.

Source: I have a fair amount of INTV games  Cheesy
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length