RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 03:45:37 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Where we're rolling around at the speed of sound.

RF Generation Message Board | Announcements and Feedback | The Thinktank | collection comparisons for trading? 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: collection comparisons for trading?  (Read 6274 times)
ugr
DB Contributor

Stats
« on: July 21, 2019, 10:14:55 AM »

This would require a little bit of coding, but hopefully it wouldn't require a revamp to existing site code. Anyway, I was thinking...

I'd love to be able to trade games with others on the site, but the wishlist/for sale thing is something that my brain doesn't do. I think of putting things up for sale as separating them out, putting them in a bin or box or somewhere that designates them for sale, etc.

But like, what if there were a quick script that would just look at two collections, see what each person has more than one copy of, and then see if it exists in the other person's collection? if it doesn't, it would suggest it as a possible trade for the same thing but a match in the other direction? or it could just make a list. "this person has two of the following games but you don't have them", that sort of a thing.

Along a similar line, I also thought it might be neat to do something silly like collection battles, for example people could put their collections up against eachother and it would battle out their collection "Person 2 won the NES battle!" "Person 1 won the PS2 battle!" etc.

Anyhow, thanks for reading!
toze3
DB Reviewer
Portugal

Stats
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2019, 04:33:30 AM »

I see collection folder was something private i won't trade/sell.
Having 2 in some game doesn't mean i have to copies, at lest for me, for example, some old portuguese imported games have 2 instructions, the portuguese and the imported one, and i just mark 2 in quantitie when i have both or 1 if only one.

The things i could trade &sell is for that folder ...

It could be nice to have a script that identifies the user's that have more games in the whislist, for example you have found a user that want 15 games of your list.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length