RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 16, 2024, 09:42:15 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Where we play the Power Pad with our feet, not our hands, dagnabbit!

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Community Playthroughs (Moderators: techwizard, singlebanana, wildbil52, GrayGhost81, Disposed Hero, MetalFRO) | Episode #63 - RF Generation Playcast (Twisted Metal 2 & Twisted Metal Black) 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Episode #63 - RF Generation Playcast (Twisted Metal 2 & Twisted Metal Black)  (Read 4253 times)
singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« on: July 25, 2019, 08:45:29 PM »

COMING SOON!

RFGen Co-Director; pinball, 2600 & NES nutjob, co-host of the RFGen
 Community Playthrough and the RFGen Playcast. Listen/Download on iTunes and Podbean: www.rfgplaycast.com

Complete licensed NA NES, U.S. SMS, NA Vectrex, and Microvision sets!, 11 left for 7800, 25 for 5200, 42 for Colecovision
Disposed Hero
RFG Moderator
United States
Awards: 2013 RFGeneration KING OF RAGE

Stats
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2019, 12:07:11 PM »

@Shawn - You should totally play South Park: The Stick of Truth sometime. Another awesome game from Obsidian.

Check out my YouTube Channel for VGM covers! https://www.youtube.com/disposedherovgm

Check out my Twitch Channel! https://www.twitch.tv/disposed_hero

singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2019, 01:28:17 PM »

@Shawn - You should totally play South Park: The Stick of Truth sometime. Another awesome game from Obsidian.

We have had that game on the radar for the playthroughs for a few years now....  Would love to play it.

Community Playthrough and the RFGen Playcast. Listen/Download on iTunes and Podbean: www.rfgplaycast.com

Complete licensed NA NES, U.S. SMS, NA Vectrex, and Microvision sets!, 11 left for 7800, 25 for 5200, 42 for Colecovision
GrayGhost81
RFG Moderator
United States

Stats
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2019, 06:20:32 PM »

We have had that game on the radar for the playthroughs for a few years now....  Would love to play it.

Yep. It is destined to be a playcast game.

Crabmaster2000
Podcast Crew
Canada

Stats
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2019, 08:42:06 AM »

@Rich - your pick ups in this episode are all killer! So many great titles. That Wii U lot is mind blowingly great and I'm a big fan of Lost Magic on the DS. Great additions.

The Sunfire vehicle for my Twisted Metal fantasy ride was just a jab at my previous car. It got hit over a dozen times when it was parked in my driveway/ parking lot or on the side of the road. There was something about it that just pulled my friends/neighbours/family members/girl friends mother/etc to back into it constantly. I just stopped caring about how it looked after a point and drove it around all battered and scraped. Was really impressed with everyone else's ideas across the board. Great suggestions! Can't wait to see that banana-wiener mod!

The special move with Twister you loved Shawn is very similar to my silly Sunfire magnet when you're not playing with the cheats on. It does fairly heavy damage to her a lot of the time and makes her one of the hardest characters to play the game with through normally because of her also having low armor and an unusable special attack.

So if either of you guys bothered to read the manuals before you played Wink you'd know that any character can use that freeze attack you were complaining about as well as several other special moves in each game. You have an energy meter that you can use a few different moves such as the freeze (push left,right then up), a high jump, shoot behind your car, put up a temporary shield or drop mines. The freeze is an essential move to beating 2 and the shield I found very useful in Black.

Sweet Tooth is only unlockable with a cheat code in TM2 which I agree is kind of lame.

Easy mode doesn't make the game actually easier Rich. It just gives you the portion of the game up to Minion. Just like Double Dragon II on NES the difficulty is simply the length of the game available to you.

The guided missiles in Black were some of the best weapons Shawn. They really did a ton of damage.

I love the levels in Twisted Metal 2 pretty much across the board. If I had to choose a least favorite and most favorite it would have to be Moscow and New York respectively. I know it's easy to fall off of New York, but it has some of the coolest secrets and areas if you're wiling to be adventurous. Moscow was just boring and sometimes frustrating with the very open space with 2 very far apart heights to battle from. @Rich the lava level also isn't as bad if you use the shields, and you can freeze enemies in the lava and they will take damage as well (you both suggested they dont take damage, but they do at about the rate of your machine gun fire).

You guys seemed confused if Black was a continuation of the series, but it definitely isn't. It's basically a gritty re-imagining for the series and essentially acts as a reboot from the previous games.

The bald evil Skylanders character you were thinking of is Kaos.

When you talk about the controls at the end I'm not sure if either of you were aware, but you can just push forward and backward on the D-pad to accelerate and brake and don't need to bother with any buttons. That's what I've always found most comfortable.

I've got to disagree with your comments that the controls in Black were much improved. I spent about the same amount of time with each game last month and I constantly found myself struggling with the precision in Black. Picking up items was harder, not falling off of building was more challenging, and lining up shots was constantly frustrating. Vehicle just going from 0 to 100mph was too much for me and it never felt comfortable.

I don't know if Shawn trolled you twice about release dates in one episode Rich, but you said you were tossing the idea around of playing Twisted Metal for PS3 and called it Twisted Metal (2003). The PS3 didn't come out until 2006 so the game you were talking about was Twisted Metal (2012). Quit living in the past!

You also recommended that Shawn play Head-On for PSP, you may also want to check it out. It's a direct sequel to 2!

Shawn mentioned Danganronpa being exclusive to the Vita, but it got a release on the PS4 as well in the Danganronpa 1-2 Reload collection that has the first two games on it.

Love the Midnight Star at the end! Was trying to guess what song it was going to be since you teased me there was a Weird Al track and I thought maybe She Drives Like Crazy would fit the Twisted Metal theme this month.

That thunder was badass! Great show guys, can't wait for the Mario discussion.

Want to see someone barely eke through a whole pile of NES games? Check out my youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/us...00Crabmaster?feature=mhee

300+ NES games beaten since October 2011

Co-Host of the Rfgeneration Collectorcast:
http://rfgenerationcollectorcast.podomatic.com/
singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2019, 12:19:52 PM »

Thanks for the feedback Crabby!   You will be King A@@%hole for the month with all of the mistakes and updates you pointed out. Wink

And yes, I had "In 3-D" as a kid and wore that cassette out. Really loved Midnight Star and Nature Trail to Hell especially.

Crabmaster2000
Podcast Crew
Canada

Stats
« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2019, 01:05:49 PM »

Thanks for the feedback Crabby!   You will be King A@@%hole for the month with all of the mistakes and updates you pointed out. Wink

My life is complete!

Want to see someone barely eke through a whole pile of NES games? Check out my youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/us...00Crabmaster?feature=mhee

300+ NES games beaten since October 2011

Co-Host of the Rfgeneration Collectorcast:
http://rfgenerationcollectorcast.podomatic.com/
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length