RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 02:55:55 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Hey, you're finally aw- NO TODD HOWARD! NOT HERE!

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Community Playthroughs (Moderators: techwizard, singlebanana, wildbil52, GrayGhost81, Disposed Hero, MetalFRO) | September 2019 Shmup Club - Zaxxon 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Print
Author Topic: September 2019 Shmup Club - Zaxxon  (Read 23379 times)
dtungsten
N-Gage

Stats
« Reply #45 on: September 29, 2019, 10:44:21 AM »

I should mention that I was playing with settings of 5 lives, 10,000 points.
MetalFRO
RFG Moderator
United States
Awards: 2014 RFGen Top Shmuper

WWW Stats
« Reply #46 on: September 29, 2019, 07:22:41 PM »

Point of trivia: if you get two scores exactly the same, the one you get later is ranked higher.

I noticed this during one of my streams. It’s an odd choice, but I guess it makes sense from an arcade operator perspective. Someone gets their name on the board while playing, and they might have incentive to try again.

zoydo
Jaguar CD

Stats
« Reply #47 on: September 29, 2019, 10:46:45 PM »

Hey guys.

Sorry for not being very active this month, but i literally had no fun playing this game. I just played two times until i reached my primary goal (to beat the default high score) and then never returned for more.

I Never played Zaxxon before and most likely will never play it again, just not my cup of tea.

Hope you guys had some more fun.

TOB
MetalFRO
RFG Moderator
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #48 on: September 30, 2019, 08:20:43 AM »

No worries, zoydo - thanks for at least giving it a try! As I mentioned before, it's not for everyone, and I get that. It may be partially why Sega changed up the formula 2 years later with Super Spy.

Zagnorch
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #49 on: September 30, 2019, 11:20:53 PM »

Hey now!

Did my darnedest to get into three figures on the CoLeCo tabletop game, but the closest I came was:

FYI the vast majority of my points came from shooting ground targets; the planes are almost impossible to pick off.
MetalFRO
RFG Moderator
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #50 on: October 02, 2019, 01:33:25 PM »

That makes sense, given the herky jerky nature of LCD games. Timing is harder to gauge when you're talking about static screen positions, versus pixels and frames. Good score, though, considering it's 1 point per target! That means you've picked off quite a few. Does this version have the Zaxxon robot in some form?

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length