RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 11:48:19 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: This land is peaceful, it's inhabitants kind.

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Community Playthroughs (Moderators: techwizard, singlebanana, wildbil52, GrayGhost81, Disposed Hero, MetalFRO) | September 2019 Playthrough - Saints Row: The Third 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Print
Author Topic: September 2019 Playthrough - Saints Row: The Third  (Read 18859 times)
MetalFRO
RFG Moderator
United States
Awards: 2014 RFGen Top Shmuper

WWW Stats
« Reply #30 on: September 10, 2019, 01:30:05 PM »

This is going to sound like a really stupid question, but, which missions are the story missions? Are they always the ones at the top of the list on your phone? I did a few of those that were given to me by Pierce, and then have tried at least one DLC mission (Genki Bowl), and one other mission, but I'm not 100% what I need to do to move the story along.

singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #31 on: September 10, 2019, 01:39:48 PM »

This is going to sound like a really stupid question, but, which missions are the story missions? Are they always the ones at the top of the list on your phone? I did a few of those that were given to me by Pierce, and then have tried at least one DLC mission (Genki Bowl), and one other mission, but I'm not 100% what I need to do to move the story along.

Yeah man, the top mission on your phone advances the story.

RFGen Co-Director; pinball, 2600 & NES nutjob, co-host of the RFGen
 Community Playthrough and the RFGen Playcast. Listen/Download on iTunes and Podbean: www.rfgplaycast.com

Complete licensed NA NES, U.S. SMS, NA Vectrex, and Microvision sets!, 11 left for 7800, 25 for 5200, 42 for Colecovision
MetalFRO
RFG Moderator
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #32 on: September 10, 2019, 06:38:51 PM »

Thanks! I'll probably try and focus on story missions for now, just to kind of get a better flow, and then maybe circle back to some side missions later, once I'm a little more adept with the controls.

GrayGhost81
RFG Moderator
United States

Stats
« Reply #33 on: September 10, 2019, 07:23:52 PM »

So I was just going to play the vanilla version of the game but since Rich and Josh are playing the Full Package edition, I felt compelled to buy it to play the DLCs. After a failed trip to Gamestop, I downloaded the game from the Playstation Store. I fired up the game and played one level of the Genki Bowl, which was very exciting because Professor Genki's S.E.R.C was one of my favorite parts of the game.

After I did that I thought it would be good to knock out another story mission. Whoops, I was on the last mission. Roll credits. Luckily it spits you right back into the game and I have a little more leveling to do, a lot more Saints Book, the DLCs, and one other thing I won't spoil. I've got about twenty-five hours in for this playthrough and I ain't putting it down yet!

douglie007
Sega Dreamcast
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #34 on: September 11, 2019, 05:55:02 AM »

Well I've tried to get some play in, but my daughter keeps playing it to just drive around, and dress up... I've done up to 8 missions and own a lot of the property enough that about every 20 min I get 24,000.  So i just take the controller from her and move the money to my pocket. 

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Crabmaster2000
Podcast Crew
Canada

Stats
« Reply #35 on: September 11, 2019, 07:48:06 AM »

I sat down to play a few other styles of missions that I missed out on and just a wave of disinterest hit me hard before I even pushed start. I think I may be done with Saints Row for the month. I'm not sure I want to spend any more time in this world. I'll leave to you guys to enjoy it though and see you next month for some Bloodstained!

Want to see someone barely eke through a whole pile of NES games? Check out my youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/us...00Crabmaster?feature=mhee

300+ NES games beaten since October 2011

Co-Host of the Rfgeneration Collectorcast:
http://rfgenerationcollectorcast.podomatic.com/
singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #36 on: September 11, 2019, 11:24:24 AM »

Progressed a little more last night. Getting annoyed with one of the missions right now that I know I need to move on with. For some reason, my character is bailing out of her jet for no reason. Definately not hitting the eject button.  Anyway, it was late, so I probably just need a good reset.

RFGen Co-Director; pinball, 2600 & NES nutjob, co-host of the RFGen
 Community Playthrough and the RFGen Playcast. Listen/Download on iTunes and Podbean: www.rfgplaycast.com

Complete licensed NA NES, U.S. SMS, NA Vectrex, and Microvision sets!, 11 left for 7800, 25 for 5200, 42 for Colecovision
douglie007
Sega Dreamcast
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #37 on: September 12, 2019, 08:16:14 PM »

So how many kept the building at the end of chapter 1? I like the money I'm getting. I own every building and shop already... now if I could only not kill my girl with the attack chopper.

Mr_Stubbes
Sega Genesis
United States

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #38 on: September 13, 2019, 06:09:03 AM »

So how many kept the building at the end of chapter 1? I like the money I'm getting. I own every building and shop already... now if I could only not kill my girl with the attack chopper.

I kept it. I believe I’ve kept every building you can get from the story missions so far. I don’t own all of the buildings right now, but I make it a point to stop and buy one should I come up on one while driving.

douglie007
Sega Dreamcast
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #39 on: September 14, 2019, 03:52:03 AM »

She is still keeping my controller... over 15 hours logged and I'm at 51%

GrayGhost81
RFG Moderator
United States

Stats
« Reply #40 on: September 14, 2019, 05:49:57 AM »

Doug, that's heartwarming LOL.

douglie007
Sega Dreamcast
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #41 on: September 14, 2019, 06:47:15 AM »

Doug, that's heartwarming LOL.
I just have to remind her not to say what he does at school.  Wink

MetalFRO
RFG Moderator
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #42 on: September 15, 2019, 11:19:49 PM »

I finally managed to get through the main story missions through The Belgian Problem, and a couple missions beyond that. After cranking the difficulty down to Easy, getting a couple upgrades, and turning the sensitivity to 100, I can aim decent enough to get through stuff. I was getting thrown by the "Take Over The City" missions. I'd take out a gang, and within seconds of doing that, I'd immediately get accosted by more gang members, before I could even leave the site, and go to the next one. It suggests that you hide, to lower notoriety, but aside from just running away from the site, I had trouble doing that. Once I finally got through that, I got over the hump, and am finally having some fun with this game. Some of the weapons are fun to use, and once you get the chance to use a mini-gun, or a flamethrower, that's pretty awesome. It's abundantly clear that I'm not very good at this type of game, and I'm pretty terrible at driving. Is it all or nothing when hitting the gas on PS3 & 360, or do the analog triggers allow you to be more consistent with speed? On Switch, since the triggers are digital, it's either pedal to the metal, or nothing.

GrayGhost81
RFG Moderator
United States

Stats
« Reply #43 on: September 15, 2019, 11:34:20 PM »

The throttle in vehicles is analog. Kind of a bummer that it is digital on the Switch.

Remember you can enter any building you own to wipe all notoriety instantly.

Glad to hear you're enjoying it more as you play, though!

MetalFRO
RFG Moderator
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #44 on: September 16, 2019, 08:13:23 AM »

Remember you can enter any building you own to wipe all notoriety instantly.

Yeah, I figured that part out later on, when the game actually told me, AFTER I had entered my own building. Go figure.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length