RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 18, 2024, 10:02:12 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: This land is peaceful, it's inhabitants kind.

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Community Playthroughs (Moderators: techwizard, singlebanana, wildbil52, GrayGhost81, Disposed Hero, MetalFRO) | October 2019 Playthrough - Bloodstained: Curse of the Moon 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print
Author Topic: October 2019 Playthrough - Bloodstained: Curse of the Moon  (Read 12682 times)
douglie007
Sega Dreamcast
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #15 on: October 04, 2019, 07:46:02 AM »

Ok now I have the correct game. I've finished the normal mode, and started the nightmare mode.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

wildbil52
RFG Moderator
United States

Stats
« Reply #16 on: October 04, 2019, 08:19:49 AM »

With a relatively short game like this are we still bound by checkpoints as to what we can talk about? 

GrayGhost81
RFG Moderator
United States

Stats
« Reply #17 on: October 04, 2019, 09:41:35 AM »

With a relatively short game like this are we still bound by checkpoints as to what we can talk about? 

That's up to Rich as host, but having played through once, my vote would be no checkpoints. Very sparse story and the game can be beaten in one sitting, though multiple playthroughs are encouraged. Perhaps just don't talk about the endings quite yet.

singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #18 on: October 04, 2019, 02:48:14 PM »

That's up to Rich as host, but having played through once, my vote would be no checkpoints. Very sparse story and the game can be beaten in one sitting, though multiple playthroughs are encouraged. Perhaps just don't talk about the endings quite yet.

Yeah, no checkpoints for this one since it's a single sitter.

RFGen Co-Director; pinball, 2600 & NES nutjob, co-host of the RFGen
 Community Playthrough and the RFGen Playcast. Listen/Download on iTunes and Podbean: www.rfgplaycast.com

Complete licensed NA NES, U.S. SMS, NA Vectrex, and Microvision sets!, 11 left for 7800, 25 for 5200, 42 for Colecovision
zoydo
Jaguar CD

Stats
« Reply #19 on: October 06, 2019, 05:44:49 AM »

Hey guys.

Just finished Ritual of the Night (main story). There's still lots of stuff to do, but i think i leave it for now and return later, so i can join you for some Circle of the Moon.
Really curious about this, as i always preferred the Iga-Castlevanias over the classic games. But i still got some love for them, even though they tend to drive me mad after a while. Wink

I will download the game later and hope to give it a try this evening.

TOB
Duke.Togo
Nintender Tape
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #20 on: October 06, 2019, 03:57:24 PM »

I also just finished Ritual of the Night, but have a few more achievements to knock out. The game is really fantastic fi you're into that style.

I've somewhat recently beaten Curse of the Moon, but I intend a Zangetsu only try. Wish me luck.

zoydo
Jaguar CD

Stats
« Reply #21 on: October 07, 2019, 03:48:17 AM »

Started to play yesterday and managed to clear the game in normal/veteran mode. Didn't expect that to happen so soon, because (as mentioned) i tend to lose patience while playing classic Castlevania games. But Circle of the Moon is not too long and gives you enough extra lives, so i could play through it in one single session.
Unlocked nightmare mode and will give it a shot soon.

It's almost scary how close those games are to Castlevania!

TOB
Pam
Blog Writer

WWW Stats
« Reply #22 on: October 11, 2019, 09:39:32 AM »

I had no idea how much replayability there was in this game when I first played it. I went through, picked up each companion, beat each level. Killing the companions rather than talking to them never would have occurred to me if I didn't read about.
Duke.Togo
Nintender Tape
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #23 on: October 11, 2019, 08:22:06 PM »

I had no idea how much replayability there was in this game when I first played it. I went through, picked up each companion, beat each level. Killing the companions rather than talking to them never would have occurred to me if I didn't read about.

Same here. I'm guessing it's going to be a lot tougher that way. The guy isnt' exactly friendly in RotN, so wouldn't surprise me if he murdered everyone. It would kind of break the storyline though.

Crabmaster2000
Podcast Crew
Canada

Stats
« Reply #24 on: October 14, 2019, 07:43:04 AM »

Finally had a chance to get going on this yesterday. I've recently beaten it on normal so I started a file up on Nightmare and am taking my time on each level hunting for the upgrades in each area. Only at level 3 currently, but as with my first playthrough it's been a joy again so far.

Want to see someone barely eke through a whole pile of NES games? Check out my youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/us...00Crabmaster?feature=mhee

300+ NES games beaten since October 2011

Co-Host of the Rfgeneration Collectorcast:
http://rfgenerationcollectorcast.podomatic.com/
zoydo
Jaguar CD

Stats
« Reply #25 on: October 14, 2019, 12:33:12 PM »

I made it to the stage 4 boss on nightmare/veteran difficulty, but i couldn't beat him yet. Any good strategies?

TOB
Disposed Hero
RFG Moderator
United States
Awards: 2013 RFGeneration KING OF RAGE

Stats
« Reply #26 on: October 15, 2019, 09:17:50 AM »

I've posted my progress on Twitter, but I've been playing through the game over the last few days and have finished Normal, Nightmare, and a Zangetsu-only run. Doing the Zangetsu-only run unlocks Ultimate mode which I think I might go back and try later.

I played this game back when it first came out, and while I did enjoy it, I feel like I didn't quite give it the credit it deserves. There is a ton of depth and replayability with all of the alternate paths and different playthroughs available. For a $10 game that was created mostly as an appetizer for a bigger game, they really went above and beyond with this one. I would easily rank Curse of the Moon up there with the best of the Castlevania series.

I made it to the stage 4 boss on nightmare/veteran difficulty, but i couldn't beat him yet. Any good strategies?

During the first phase, I always focus on taking out the bottom head as quick as I can, and then just play it safe and be patient for the top head. During the second phase, get in close and get a few good hits in and then back away to the lower platform when he shoots the fire. Immediately get back on the upper ledge when he stops or you'll get hit by the weird tail-mouth things. Some of Alfred's subweapons may be useful here, namely the freeze arrow or maybe the electricity, but I'm not sure if it's available on this stage.

Check out my YouTube Channel for VGM covers! https://www.youtube.com/disposedherovgm

Check out my Twitch Channel! https://www.twitch.tv/disposed_hero

Crabmaster2000
Podcast Crew
Canada

Stats
« Reply #27 on: October 22, 2019, 08:04:19 AM »

I've posted my progress on Twitter, but I've been playing through the game over the last few days and have finished Normal, Nightmare, and a Zangetsu-only run. Doing the Zangetsu-only run unlocks Ultimate mode which I think I might go back and try later.

I played this game back when it first came out, and while I did enjoy it, I feel like I didn't quite give it the credit it deserves. There is a ton of depth and replayability with all of the alternate paths and different playthroughs available. For a $10 game that was created mostly as an appetizer for a bigger game, they really went above and beyond with this one. I would easily rank Curse of the Moon up there with the best of the Castlevania series.

During the first phase, I always focus on taking out the bottom head as quick as I can, and then just play it safe and be patient for the top head. During the second phase, get in close and get a few good hits in and then back away to the lower platform when he shoots the fire. Immediately get back on the upper ledge when he stops or you'll get hit by the weird tail-mouth things. Some of Alfred's subweapons may be useful here, namely the freeze arrow or maybe the electricity, but I'm not sure if it's available on this stage.

You can get Alfred's Freeze arrow in the very last lantern prior to the boss and it totally shuts him down. Freezes the head in either phase of the fight and allows for some uninterrupted beat downs. So far I've finished the main game, did a second nightmare run and am on stage 6 of a Zangetsu-only run. The Zangetsu run is much more fun than I thought it would be. Earning new abilities from killing the other playable characters is a nice way to keep it from getting stale. The bosses are a lot harder though. May try the ultimate mode as well depending on the time I have left in the month. I don't think the music stands up to Castlevania standards, but otherwise I think the game stands as an equal to that series.

Want to see someone barely eke through a whole pile of NES games? Check out my youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/us...00Crabmaster?feature=mhee

300+ NES games beaten since October 2011

Co-Host of the Rfgeneration Collectorcast:
http://rfgenerationcollectorcast.podomatic.com/
Disposed Hero
RFG Moderator
United States
Awards: 2013 RFGeneration KING OF RAGE

Stats
« Reply #28 on: October 22, 2019, 09:07:31 AM »

I don't think the music stands up to Castlevania standards

I know it's subjective and will come down to one's own personal opinion, but I'm really digging the soundtrack for this game. Stages 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, and 8 in particular all stood out to me.

Check out my YouTube Channel for VGM covers! https://www.youtube.com/disposedherovgm

Check out my Twitch Channel! https://www.twitch.tv/disposed_hero

singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #29 on: October 30, 2019, 07:01:29 AM »

I have to say, I'm not as hot on this title as a lot of you are, which is odd becasue I've always been a fan and supporter of the early Castlevania series. I have my reasons, but I'll save those for the Playcast. Smiley

RFGen Co-Director; pinball, 2600 & NES nutjob, co-host of the RFGen
 Community Playthrough and the RFGen Playcast. Listen/Download on iTunes and Podbean: www.rfgplaycast.com

Complete licensed NA NES, U.S. SMS, NA Vectrex, and Microvision sets!, 11 left for 7800, 25 for 5200, 42 for Colecovision
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length