RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 04:50:24 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: This land is peaceful, it's inhabitants kind.

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Community Playthroughs (Moderators: techwizard, singlebanana, wildbil52, GrayGhost81, Disposed Hero, MetalFRO) | Shmup Club January 2020 Game & Year-Long Scoring Competition - Ketsui! 0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 Print
Author Topic: Shmup Club January 2020 Game & Year-Long Scoring Competition - Ketsui!  (Read 29159 times)
MetalFRO
RFG Moderator
United States
Awards: 2014 RFGen Top Shmuper

WWW Stats
« Reply #45 on: January 20, 2020, 11:04:09 AM »

@MetalFRO

Thanks, that's actually helpful, as I didn't know what the requirement was. Now I have a target to shoot for. This release of the game is designed and built as a trainer, as I suspected during one of your streams. I still can't get very far in the game, but to my surprise, I have improved and gotten higher scores as I continue to play it. I say to my surprise, because I think to myself, "that's impossible, even for a computer!" I don't know how I'm doing it, but I'm doing it. I like the many different modes available. The Arcade Challenge mode and the Bond Development mode are the best for practicing. I haven't gotten a no-miss clear in Super Easy mode, so there is still plenty of reason to play that mode.

Sent from my LGUS997 using Tapatalk

I was kind of thinking along the same lines - it would be cool to do a no-miss, no-bomb in Super Easy Mode, and really go for the gusto with scoring, because I bet you could do some pretty high scoring in that, even though it's just a single loop. There's enough breathing room with most of the bullets and patterns that it would be very doable to really route that well, and get 5 chips on most enemies, if not most mid-bosses, and even bosses. That sounds like a fun challenge.

zoydo
Jaguar CD

Stats
« Reply #46 on: January 20, 2020, 03:28:31 PM »

@dtungsten: should be the trophy you earn for completing "Kizuna Mode".
It's the mode in the lower right corner of the mode selection screen. You have to complete challenges to earn "Kizuna Points" and the more points you got, the more character models will be unlocked. Once you got all characters, the trophy should pop up. To get new challenges you need to play some arcade mode (the Kizuna Mode "saves" the moments right before you died in arcade mode and gives you the possibility to learn this part properly).

TOB
MetalFRO
RFG Moderator
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #47 on: January 20, 2020, 03:38:10 PM »

Is that in the PS4 version, or just the PS3/360 version? I don't recall seeing that.

dtungsten
N-Gage

Stats
« Reply #48 on: January 20, 2020, 03:39:27 PM »

@MetalFRO It's the PS4 version.

Edit, Thanks @zoydo
MetalFRO
RFG Moderator
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #49 on: January 20, 2020, 03:40:25 PM »

Looks like I need to investigate later! Not tonight, though. I have a major update at work that I have to do overnight, so I'm gonna catch a few z's this evening.

dtungsten
N-Gage

Stats
« Reply #50 on: January 20, 2020, 03:45:30 PM »

@MetalFRO  Good luck with the update, and with the game.

MetalFRO
RFG Moderator
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #51 on: January 24, 2020, 09:55:30 AM »

I would encourage anyone struggling with the game, who has the PS4 version, to play the Arcade Challenge mode. I was hesitant, but a couple nights ago on stream, viewers coaxed me into trying it, and I think it's helping me. I started at the lowest difficulty, which is the same as the "Super Easy" mode, and am working my way through the game. It splits each stage up into several segments, and you have 20 lives/tries to get through each one. Once you've completed a stage in this manner, it throws you back into the same stage, with a total of 40 lives/tries to get through it. Each time you die, it rewinds a bit, decrements a "try" and lets you keep going, to help you learn those tough spots. When you get through and beat the Stage 5 boss, the game will repeat, and depending on your performance, either dump you into the 2nd loop for that mode (the "Omote" loop), or just go back to Stage 1. At that point, I've been going back to the menu to start that mode again, but up the difficulty by 1 each time. I'm finding that's helping me learn the stages and enemy locations/patterns. It also has the added benefit of enemy bullet patterns being increased in complexity a little bit each time, so I can slowly learn the bullet patterns, and get a little better at dodging around or through them each time. There are 10 difficulty levels in this mode, with 10 being the standard arcade difficulty, so you can really fine tune it to where you want to be. I think this mode will really help me learn the game better, and I can already tell that, despite all the deaths, I'm improving. I would highly recommend this mode.

dtungsten
N-Gage

Stats
« Reply #52 on: January 24, 2020, 10:08:24 AM »

I agree. And if you want to fine tune it even more after that, you can try Kizuna mode (found to the right of arcade challenge mode in the menu), which will place you 5 seconds before you died in arcade mode (with several of your recent deaths to choose from), so you can improve on the parts that you are having particular difficulty with. This mode is probably best for once you feel reasonably comfortable with arcade mode, and just have a few sticky points to contend with.

zoydo
Jaguar CD

Stats
« Reply #53 on: January 29, 2020, 12:47:04 PM »

Played the X-Mode a bit. Think i could do better, but i didn't have much time to play during the last two weeks.

X-Mode - 105.643.765 - St.4 - Panzer Jäger

TOB
MetalFRO
RFG Moderator
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #54 on: January 29, 2020, 01:05:32 PM »

Good stuff, zoydo! I've been focusing on Arcade Challenge mode on PS4, so I haven't improved my scores any, but I'm hoping that it's helping me learn the game better.

MetalFRO
RFG Moderator
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #55 on: January 31, 2020, 03:08:46 PM »

I found another page that might be useful for those who want to continue to concentrate on scoring during 2020:

http://www.world-of-arcades.net/Cave/Ketsui/ItemsAndScores.htm

kz_the_kusoplayer
N-Gage

Stats
« Reply #56 on: February 03, 2020, 03:07:16 AM »

Finally made it to Stage 5

* Screenshot (372).png (797.28 KB, 812x1054 - viewed 166 times.)
MetalFRO
RFG Moderator
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #57 on: February 03, 2020, 09:40:39 AM »

Nice! How many lives did you expend, reaching that point?

kz_the_kusoplayer
N-Gage

Stats
« Reply #58 on: February 05, 2020, 03:55:15 AM »

I was 0/0 and died in the opener.
MetalFRO
RFG Moderator
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #59 on: February 05, 2020, 09:49:30 AM »

That's pretty good, to no-miss, no-bomb up to that point. Great work!

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length