RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 07:44:41 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Check us out on Discord! Link on the front page!

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Community Playthroughs (Moderators: techwizard, singlebanana, wildbil52, GrayGhost81, Disposed Hero, MetalFRO) | Episode #68 - RF Generation Playcast (Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice) 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Episode #68 - RF Generation Playcast (Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice)  (Read 3588 times)
singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« on: December 18, 2019, 12:57:06 PM »

COMING SOON!

RFGen Co-Director; pinball, 2600 & NES nutjob, co-host of the RFGen
 Community Playthrough and the RFGen Playcast. Listen/Download on iTunes and Podbean: www.rfgplaycast.com

Complete licensed NA NES, U.S. SMS, NA Vectrex, and Microvision sets!, 11 left for 7800, 25 for 5200, 42 for Colecovision
Pam
Blog Writer

WWW Stats
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2019, 03:47:01 PM »

Solo Monopoly players unite! I played the NES version alone all the time.

What makes VtM Bloodlines a hipster game?

I don't remember who brought it up, but on the topic of wanting to see war more thoughtfully examined in games, I'd recommend This War of Mine. It's set in a fictional place but based on the Seige of Sarajevo and shows war from a civilian point of view. It's a strategy and resource management game where you play a group of people who have holed up in a house to try to last out the siege. You have to balance scavenging for food and resources, protecting your home from scavengers, helping your neighbours, and keeping everyone physically and mentally healthy.

Good episode!
shaggy
RFG Emperor
United States

Stats
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2019, 03:56:21 PM »

I don't remember who brought it up, but on the topic of wanting to see war more thoughtfully examined in games, I'd recommend This War of Mine. It's set in a fictional place but based on the Seige of Sarajevo and shows war from a civilian point of view. It's a strategy and resource management game where you play a group of people who have holed up in a house to try to last out the siege. You have to balance scavenging for food and resources, protecting your home from scavengers, helping your neighbours, and keeping everyone physically and mentally healthy.

Good episode!

I LOVED the NES version of Monopoly.  There was something about that version that always made me come back for me.  I loved what they said when you got out of jail, "Don't be coming back Now!".

NES cart only collection - 87% complete.
SMS set complete!
GrayGhost81
RFG Moderator
United States

Stats
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2019, 06:45:43 PM »

Good episode!

Thanks for listening and thanks for the feedback, Pam!

I referred to Bloodlines as 'hipster' just because it seems to me like the 'cool kids' pc game of the early 2000s. I can only say that as pc novice looking back and I really don't mean it as a put-down.

I should have mentioned This War of Mine. I've never played it, but I've heard very good things. I think I have it on PS4.

wildbil52
RFG Moderator
United States

Stats
« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2019, 02:25:11 PM »

-On the mention of a band sounding better live.  This has happened to me a few times in reverse.  I have seen a few smaller bands and really liked the shows.  They I go out to their little table to buy a CD for $10 and when I listen to it later I'm like, oh, this isn't as good as the show...And on Rich mentioning Van Halen's point about a song always evolving: I just recently saw one of my fav bands for the first time ever.  I was at the Tool show in Brooklyn and they closed with Stinkfist and right before the outro, they added a 2-3 minute segment that was REALLY awesome that I had never heard before.  I looked it up after the show and people mentioned how they have extended that song over the years for live shows.

-PS1 Anniversary.  We got our PS1 for Christmas with Final Fantasy VII, NHL 98, and Star Wars Masters of Teras Kasi.  Call me crazy but I loved all 3 games.  I've loved the PlayStation over the years but never developed any real "fandom" for it.  Still, congrats on the anniversary

-The motivation channel was a great idea and thanks for the shout out, the air fryer is a game changer and I am a wing eating fool.  Found a fat bomb recipe I really like too, for that one, you just need silicone trays and a freezer.

-Control-Shawn got it, I am buying it on the Epic Games sale this week for $30.  This game came out the tail end of August, I don't think you are "really late to the party" Shawn, just casually late like me.

-"Ace Combat 7 has been on my radar, pun intended" Good for you, be brave, intend your puns

-Shawn is playing FFX on my recommendation.  I'm flattered.  Yes, it is my fav FF game and the points you make are valid.  The voice acting is often not great.  I wouldn't say the writing is bad, I would say the localization is bad at times.  All of the issues you have with it are issues that I also had with it but they never slowed me down.  The music is some of my favorite in the series, the characters grow on you more an more.  The store is absolutely gut wrenching once you have the entire picture of what is going on (which makes playing through a second and third time even sadder) the sphere grid is amazing, the endgame is spectacular, and once you replace your awful goaltender and get the Jecht Shot, Blitzball is a great minigame.  I hope you stick with it and the love eventually sinks in.

Observation-As I am catching up on Playcast episodes, one of the things I have noticed is that Shawn will say the words "One of my favorite games/movies/albums/songs of all time" about a lot of different games albums and songs and I love that.  I love that the favorites aren't narrowed down to a small number of things.  I love that he loves lots of things enough to consider so many of them all time favorites

-Listened to the whole discussion of the game, even though I have not played it yet.  The only Ninja Theory game I have ever played is Enslaved and I loved it.  Somehow Hellblade was not on my radar.  After hearing your discussion and knowing that it is available on XBGP, I've already downloaded and installed the game and will be playing it when I am finished with Outer Wilds
« Last Edit: January 07, 2020, 01:20:45 PM by wildbil52 » Logged

singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2019, 03:53:42 PM »

Thanks for the listen and comments Bil!

RFGen Co-Director; pinball, 2600 & NES nutjob, co-host of the RFGen
 Community Playthrough and the RFGen Playcast. Listen/Download on iTunes and Podbean: www.rfgplaycast.com

Complete licensed NA NES, U.S. SMS, NA Vectrex, and Microvision sets!, 11 left for 7800, 25 for 5200, 42 for Colecovision
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length