RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 02:01:20 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Burgers from trash cans taste the best.

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Video Game Generation | RFGen's Top 20 Sega Genesis games 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Print
Author Topic: RFGen's Top 20 Sega Genesis games  (Read 19086 times)
MetalFRO
Blog Writer
United States
Awards: 2014 RFGen Top Shmuper

WWW Stats
« Reply #15 on: March 25, 2020, 08:43:06 AM »

I've compiled my list, so now I'm just putting together my thoughts on each game, before I submit.

Disposed Hero
Blog Editor
United States
Awards: 2013 RFGeneration KING OF RAGE

Stats
« Reply #16 on: March 25, 2020, 11:50:16 AM »

My list is more or less finished, but I'm waiting until the last minute as usual just in case I play something new and want to factor it into the list.

Check out my YouTube Channel for VGM covers! https://www.youtube.com/disposedherovgm

Check out my Twitch Channel! https://www.twitch.tv/disposed_hero

Crabmaster2000
Podcast Crew
Canada

Stats
« Reply #17 on: March 26, 2020, 08:20:57 AM »

This was the easiest list for me. Pairing it down to 20 was pretty simple compared to the previous 2 lists

Want to see someone barely eke through a whole pile of NES games? Check out my youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/us...00Crabmaster?feature=mhee

300+ NES games beaten since October 2011

Co-Host of the Rfgeneration Collectorcast:
http://rfgenerationcollectorcast.podomatic.com/
MaterialHandlerMike
Atari Lynx
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #18 on: March 26, 2020, 09:03:43 AM »

I’m thinking that this will be the most diverse list, among all of us.

Complete NA NES collection (minus Stadium Events)
Seno
Sega CD
United Kingdom

Stats
« Reply #19 on: March 27, 2020, 05:27:40 PM »

Surprising hard to pick just 20, list submitted.

Obviously you all have terrible taste if Greendog isn't number 1
MaterialHandlerMike
Atari Lynx
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #20 on: March 28, 2020, 01:18:18 PM »

I’m thinking that this will be the most diverse list, among all of us.
Surprising hard to pick just 20, list submitted.

Obviously you all have terrible taste if Greendog isn't number 1

👆 This right here is what I am referring to. 😅

MetalFRO
Blog Writer
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #21 on: March 28, 2020, 02:28:37 PM »

GREEEEEEEEEEEEEEENNNNDOOOOOOOG!

EZ Racer
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #22 on: March 30, 2020, 11:17:40 PM »

Had several lists come in over the weekend, out of nine lists in so far, eight different games got a 1st place vote, and nearly 100 different games have got a vote. Very reminiscent of how the NES list went in January.

Still time to get in on the Genesis vote!
douglie007
Sega Dreamcast
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #23 on: March 31, 2020, 05:17:44 PM »

Just sent you my Genesis, as everyone else March sucked

EZ Racer
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #24 on: April 08, 2020, 05:26:20 PM »

So, after getting 10 lists, a whopping 105 games got at least one vote! One submitter was from PAL region, so that list included PAL titles. I have listed those by both their NA title and PAL title when necessary.

There were a bunch of single vote games, so here's the ones that got an 11-20 rank-

20th place vote

Virtual Pinball
NFL Sports Talk Football '93 Starring Joe Montana
Championship Pro-Am
Fifa '95-
"Hours playing this with my Dad, who was a cheating git who figured out you're free to foul any player after they pass the ball. Fast paced and fun."
Bill Walsh College Football- "This game doesn't get the love that Madden gets, but it's essentially the same engine. I have fond memories of playing this game during a sleepover, and despite being terrible at sports games, it was still a blast."
Shadow Blaster- "Kind of a quirky game, but a decent action-platformer for the system."
Altered Beast- "Another fun, classic arcade port for the Genesis. I loved this game in the arcade and bringing it to the home console was magical to me as a kid. The music is awesome!  'Wise From Yah Gwave' and give this one a go."

19th place vote

Kid Chameleon
Mutant League Football
Robocop vs Terminator
Mystic Defender-
"A nice, Asian folklore inspired platformer that is a bit of a hidden gem. Fun magic power-ups and boss battles."

18th place vote

Mega-Lo-Mania/Tyrants: Fight Through Time
Sword of Vermillion
M.U.S.H.A.-
"High in price, but also high on fun. Robo Aleste on the Sega CD is better, but this is a great early effort."

17th place vote

Awesome Possum
Desert Strike
Road Rash
The Simpsons: Bart's Nightmare-
"People like to rag on the old simpsons games, but I have always loved many of them and Bart’s Nightmare is one of my favs. Lots of neat little mini-games to mess around with and tons of references to the show. Do the Bartman!"

16th place vote

Taz-Mania
Vectorman 2
Crackdown-
"A really fun, overhead 2 player strategy-based shooter. Can be tough, but it's addictive. This little gem also deserves much more attention."

15th place vote

Punisher-
"I loved this game in the arcade as a kid. While the home version was no where near as good as the arcade, it still was a fun enough beat 'em up, featuring Frank Castle and Nick Fury."
Revenge of Shinobi- "It’s not quite Ninja Gaiden levels of awesome, but it’s about as close as we got on the Genesis."

14th place vote

Alisia Dragoon
Road Rash 2
Alien Storm-
"A fun and quirky beat 'em up that feels somewhat similar to Golden Axe, with the addition of those awesome first-person shooting stages!"
Gaiares- "Another incredible shmup on a system full of great ones."
Earthworm Jim 2- "Its got most of the charm and action of the original, but stacked up head to head just has a few stages that aren't quite as much fun as EJ1."

13th place vote

Zero Tolerance
Landstalker
Super Street Fighter II
Sonic 3-
"I'm not the biggest Sonic fan, but this game is the best of the bunch in my opinion."
Elemental Master- "A really different and awesome vertical shooter where you play as a walking magician instead of a spaceship. A game that deserves more attention."

12th place vote

PGA Tour Golf III
Light Crusader
Super Hang-On
Sonic Spinball
Ranger X-
"Incredible graphics with interesting game mechanics."
Road Rash 3- "An old guilty pleasure of mine. Just straightforward campy violence."
Starflight- "A game I spent countless hours on as a kid (the PC version, anyway), this space exploration sim gives you a large galaxy to explore, lots of things to do, fun ways to upgrade your ship, a variety of different alien species to recruit as crew members for your star ship, and enough story and RPG elements to help it cross over. The procedurally generated universe also meant that each time you started a new campaign was a unique experience."
Sunset Riders- "While I prefer the SNES port (mostly for the music) this game is amazing on Genesis, regardless. I love this run-and-gun style, platformer, that features cowboys and a wild west setting."

11th place

Separation Anxiety, Spider-man and Venom
Steel Empire

More to come...
Crabmaster2000
Podcast Crew
Canada

Stats
« Reply #25 on: April 08, 2020, 11:01:24 PM »

Only 4 of mine are out so far! That's a good start Smiley

Want to see someone barely eke through a whole pile of NES games? Check out my youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/us...00Crabmaster?feature=mhee

300+ NES games beaten since October 2011

Co-Host of the Rfgeneration Collectorcast:
http://rfgenerationcollectorcast.podomatic.com/
MaterialHandlerMike
Atari Lynx
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #26 on: April 09, 2020, 10:02:05 AM »

Wait, did other people put General Chaos on their lists, too!?!? Lol I see what looks like two of my picks out. The thought plickens, as my English 11 teacher, used to say.

Seno
Sega CD
United Kingdom

Stats
« Reply #27 on: April 09, 2020, 02:27:56 PM »

5 of mine in there. Also some pretty big releases only got one vote, looking forward to the top ten.
MetalFRO
Blog Writer
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #28 on: April 09, 2020, 05:31:03 PM »

2 of mine so far. Will be curious to see how many in my top 10 are single-vote, and how many are more common choices.

singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #29 on: April 09, 2020, 09:43:02 PM »

Ooooooh, 6 of mine in there. What prize do I win?.....

RFGen Co-Director; pinball, 2600 & NES nutjob, co-host of the RFGen
 Community Playthrough and the RFGen Playcast. Listen/Download on iTunes and Podbean: www.rfgplaycast.com

Complete licensed NA NES, U.S. SMS, NA Vectrex, and Microvision sets!, 11 left for 7800, 25 for 5200, 42 for Colecovision
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length