RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 10:19:17 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Burgers from trash cans taste the best.

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Community Playthroughs (Moderators: techwizard, singlebanana, wildbil52, GrayGhost81, Disposed Hero, MetalFRO) | April 2020 Playthrough - Control 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: April 2020 Playthrough - Control  (Read 9161 times)
singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« on: March 09, 2020, 03:41:22 PM »

PARTICIPANTS:
singlebanana
GrayGhost81
Mr_Stubbes
douglie007
Disposed Hero
wildbil52

CHECKPOINTS:
April 1st - 7th - Missions 1-7
April 8th - 14th - Missions 8-14
April 15th - 21st - Missuons 15-21
April 22nd - 30th - Missions 22-28
« Last Edit: April 01, 2020, 03:08:30 PM by singlebanana » Logged

RFGen Co-Director; pinball, 2600 & NES nutjob, co-host of the RFGen
 Community Playthrough and the RFGen Playcast. Listen/Download on iTunes and Podbean: www.rfgplaycast.com

Complete licensed NA NES, U.S. SMS, NA Vectrex, and Microvision sets!, 11 left for 7800, 25 for 5200, 42 for Colecovision
MetalFRO
RFG Moderator
United States
Awards: 2014 RFGen Top Shmuper

WWW Stats
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2020, 03:47:46 PM »

Some kind of rhythm game, perhaps?

Mr_Stubbes
Sega Genesis
United States

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2020, 04:33:55 PM »

Is it Control?

EZ Racer
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2020, 04:46:20 PM »

I know I'm not right, but the first thing I think of with that pic is Michael Jackson's Moonwalker.
singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2020, 07:40:57 PM »

Is it Control?

We have a WINNER!

Community Playthrough and the RFGen Playcast. Listen/Download on iTunes and Podbean: www.rfgplaycast.com

Complete licensed NA NES, U.S. SMS, NA Vectrex, and Microvision sets!, 11 left for 7800, 25 for 5200, 42 for Colecovision
Mr_Stubbes
Sega Genesis
United States

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2020, 05:58:37 AM »

Awesome! This is one of those games that has been on my radar for a bit, but just haven’t had a reason to play it yet. I’m in!

douglie007
Sega Dreamcast
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2020, 07:29:07 AM »

I dont have this game yet, but I'm in.

Disposed Hero
RFG Moderator
United States
Awards: 2013 RFGeneration KING OF RAGE

Stats
« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2020, 08:09:03 AM »

You guys are really turning the screws this year! I've had a lot going on lately and with the absolute glut of games that will be releasing around April, I'm not sure if I'll have time to fit this one in.... but I'm going to try anyway! I've been wanting to play this since it came out, so I might as well play along with you guys.

Check out my YouTube Channel for VGM covers! https://www.youtube.com/disposedherovgm

Check out my Twitch Channel! https://www.twitch.tv/disposed_hero

Addicted
Blog Writer

Stats
« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2020, 02:25:11 PM »

I loved playing through Control and its nice that's it in the same universe as Alan Wake.

Stephen Kick: “The thing about classic games was that they were the first for an entire generation. Successive works are going to be important to individuals and even to groups, but never to a whole generation in the same way.”
singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #9 on: April 01, 2020, 11:03:43 AM »

Checkpoints are up. Good luck!

wildbil52
RFG Moderator
United States

Stats
« Reply #10 on: April 01, 2020, 02:23:33 PM »

I'm in! Already started last month but when I heard rumors I stopped so I could play through with you guys!

singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #11 on: April 01, 2020, 03:08:59 PM »

I've heard rumors too. Not a bad Fleetwood album.

Mr_Stubbes
Sega Genesis
United States

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #12 on: April 01, 2020, 04:33:05 PM »

So I've started playing this the other day and this game is weird... But a good weird... I think. I'm not exactly sure how I feel about this one yet, so I guess I just need to keep playing.

Disposed Hero
RFG Moderator
United States
Awards: 2013 RFGeneration KING OF RAGE

Stats
« Reply #13 on: April 02, 2020, 12:15:09 PM »

I've put about an hour into the game so far, and I agree with Mr_Stubbes that it is definitely weird, more so than I expected. The action at the beginning felt good, if a bit generic, but the game is thankfully starting to introduce some new mechanics that have been fun to play around with. I'm still very early into it, but I have a good feeling about this one.

Check out my YouTube Channel for VGM covers! https://www.youtube.com/disposedherovgm

Check out my Twitch Channel! https://www.twitch.tv/disposed_hero

wildbil52
RFG Moderator
United States

Stats
« Reply #14 on: April 03, 2020, 09:20:31 AM »

Put in another few hours last night.  I think I'm on the 5th story mission.  I will say the game really opens up when you get a few abilities.  Reminds me of Sunset Overdrive in that way.  The gunplay is good, not great, but the abilities are where this game shines.  The standard service weapon form Grip is my most used.  I tried the shotgun one but I wasnt a big fan.  Unlocked Pierce last night which is the sniper type and its really good but I wish it had more zoom.  I guess that's what mods are for.  I was dying quite a bit early on because I was trying to stay back and pick enemies off but that doesn't work so great in this game.  Just like Doom, the game has no auto-regenerating health and wants you to pick up the health packs that enemies drop.  Once you get dodge and shield, combat becomes less anxiety inducing. Also once you get the quest called
Spoiler (hover to show)
DO IT.  It gives you the
Spoiler (hover to show)
ability and you can
Spoiler (hover to show)

Explore every nook and cranny.  The game rewards exploration in the form of lore, mods, and even side quests that grant abilities.

Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length