RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 08:33:27 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Where we play the Power Pad with our feet, not our hands, dagnabbit!

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Community Playthroughs (Moderators: techwizard, singlebanana, wildbil52, GrayGhost81, Disposed Hero, MetalFRO) | Episode #71 - RF Generation Playcast (South Park: The Stick of Truth) 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Episode #71 - RF Generation Playcast (South Park: The Stick of Truth)  (Read 7017 times)
singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« on: March 25, 2020, 08:58:52 PM »

COMING SOON!!

RFGen Co-Director; pinball, 2600 & NES nutjob, co-host of the RFGen
 Community Playthrough and the RFGen Playcast. Listen/Download on iTunes and Podbean: www.rfgplaycast.com

Complete licensed NA NES, U.S. SMS, NA Vectrex, and Microvision sets!, 11 left for 7800, 25 for 5200, 42 for Colecovision
wildbil52
RFG Moderator
United States

Stats
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2020, 08:29:44 AM »

Strong start to this episode with Rich talking about (I assume) Bit Brigade playing Ninja Gaiden and a little Rush to get the blood pumping.

It's funny how people are different with their fitness preferences.  I absolutely hate running and really enjoy lifting weights and it seems Shawn is just the opposite.  There are certainly certain weight lifting workouts that I do not enjoy as much as others but I try to avoid running at all costs.  Ice Skating is my preferred cardio method. I've always been nervous to try crossfit.  I've always had lower back problems and I worry about many of the explosive movements associated with crossfit workouts. Glad its working for you Rich!  I also gained some weight when I started working out which Is why I was really happy that my gym has an InBody machine .  That way I could confirm that my muscle mass increased and my body fat decreased.

Confirmed, rich was talking about Bit Brigade playing Ninja Gaiden. I saw them play this at pax East a few years ago and it was amazing.  The dude playing makes the game look easy.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2020, 01:08:46 PM by wildbil52 » Logged

singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2020, 10:22:10 AM »

Yeah, my initial concerns with crossfit were my back issues.  I had surgery almost 2 years ago, but thankfully only trimming a disc and not very invasive work, so I am pretty much back to normal except for some nerve damage. These workouts are very explosive and can be hard on your back if you don't do them correctly.  I am experiencing some lower back soreness, so this really might not be for you Bil.  Still going strong, but putting my own workouts together now due to COVID-19. I'm pretty please that I'm motivated to do this myself and actually put the effort into working out now.  It's funny, my body is in a very high state of ketosis, but I am not seeing the weightloss. But  like you said, this is more due to muscle building than the diet not working. I am taking on a handful of carbs now to keep up my energy, but not overdoing it at all.

Glad that you are enjoying the episode Bil.  I think this is one of our better ones.

Community Playthrough and the RFGen Playcast. Listen/Download on iTunes and Podbean: www.rfgplaycast.com

Complete licensed NA NES, U.S. SMS, NA Vectrex, and Microvision sets!, 11 left for 7800, 25 for 5200, 42 for Colecovision
Mr_Stubbes
Sega Genesis
United States

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2020, 10:53:34 AM »

Another great episode guys! I definitely agree that South Park has remained one of the most consistent comedy shows on TV. While I hold a lot of nostalgia for the older episodes the newer seasons are just a riot because they can be so topical. I have one little nitpick though about the Wii episode. I believe Shawn said that the Wii's were sold out, similarly to how they were in real life, and that Cartman was impatient about being able to get one. However, the real reason on why Cartman was impatient is that the Wii hadn't been released yet, and he chose to freeze himself instead of waiting three weeks.

I think this has been my favorite playthrough so far and that's including the games I played with y'all in 2019. I guess I'm also one of the few people who didn't have to much issue with the Al Gore fight. I fought him right away and was able to defeat him my first go round. I found that using the Tweek Bros. and Tweek Bros. Dark Roast items super helpful in this fight and a few others. These items allow you to attack twice in a row and the dark roast also boosts your attack and defense stats. If you haven't yet, I will also recommend playing the Fractured but Whole. I finished it in between the Fable games and I just absolutely loved it. The combat is a bit different than the first one and I actually prefer the combat fart abilities in the second game better as I rarely used them in the first game. They also added some new mechanics like crafting and the power up options are a little bit different.

« Last Edit: March 27, 2020, 10:56:35 AM by Mr_Stubbes » Logged

singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2020, 12:06:06 PM »

Thanks for the feedbak Mr_Stubbes!  Glad you enjoyed the show.  Looks like Shawn needs to wipe before the next show..... HA HA HA!

bickman2k
Director
United States
Awards: 2017 RF Generation Punch-Out Heavyweight Champion!

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2020, 02:48:17 PM »

I haven't played a ton of the playthrough games, but this was certainly one of my favorites!

I loved the 60 second synopsis, that was nice to have and I would recommend something like that for future episodes. Since I don't play a bunch of these, it would be nice to hear for games I'm not familiar with.

Hearing the joy that Shawn had when talking about the different episodes and scenes was great! I loved that.

I wholeheartedly agree with this being one of your best episodes. Certainly near the top of ones I've heard.

Overall, this was a great month. The game was amazing. Everyone who played seemed to have a good time with it. Well done!

singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2020, 03:32:11 PM »

Thanks for the kind words Adam and thanks for participating this month.  Hope that you can join in a few more.

TurnAroundAndRun
N-Gage

Stats
« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2020, 08:50:19 AM »

Great episode guys! I didn't actively participate in the play through, but I did play and complete the Stick of Truth two days before this episode came out.

They did such a great job, as you guys stated on the episode, in making this game feel exactly like a episode of South Park.

Praying something cool might happen
MaterialHandlerMike
Atari Lynx
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2020, 10:02:24 AM »

The creature with the Patrick Duffy leg, is Scuttlebutt, if my memory serves.

Complete NA NES collection (minus Stadium Events)
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length