RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 05:52:29 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: You are standing in an open field west of a white house, with a boarded front door.

RF Generation Message Board | Collecting | Sales Extravaganza | Selling in Bulk advice? 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Selling in Bulk advice?  (Read 10550 times)
agz381
N-Gage

Stats
« on: May 24, 2020, 03:14:47 PM »

I've been away from these sites for quite some time since having kids and changing jobs etc... I have not stopped collecting or stopped purchasing retro games during this time. Now, all 3 of my kids are playing my NES from when i was a kid. This has renewed some of that lost interest in completing my NES collection and also made me realize I need to downsize my other "collections". This all being said, my big question is: Are there still users on this site that are interested in a huge bulk purchase? I would love to unload all my extra stuff in 1 spot like a store front but don't really want to "dump" it to a "fly by night" person that knows nothing about the stuff. I am currently building an inventory speadsheet of all the stuff and won't be done with it for a bit. But I'm starting to put feelers out now. Suggestions ?

Here is the link for what is cataloged so far. Thanks for any input.

https://docs.google.com/s...LN9v7ejI/edit?usp=sharing
MetalFRO
Blog Writer
United States
Awards: 2014 RFGen Top Shmuper

WWW Stats
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2020, 10:10:11 AM »

I just made a bulk purchase, but it's rare for me to do, so I can't speak to it that much. The biggest thing I would say is, keep your expectations in check, regarding pricing, and how much money you'll get from a game lot. People often buy lots that are well priced to get the 1-2 items they really want, with a plan to turn the rest around for sale/trade, so they can hopefully make some of that investment back. You'll potentially dump more of your collection faster, but keep in mind, you will also not get market value on each item.

singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2020, 12:50:28 PM »

I haven't made a bulk purchase in a while and when I did, it was to pick up a few games I needed and then dump the rest. It seems like bulk sales are for people who have just gotten into the hobby and are collecting everything.  You can do a bulk sale, but you're not going to get good value out of it. IMHO, your best bet is to sell your more desirable titles individually and then try to sell some of your stuff by individual system in bulk.  If it doesn't sell in several weeks, I'd just dump it at a retro game shop and get whatever value you can to put towards games/systems you want. 

RFGen Co-Director; pinball, 2600 & NES nutjob, co-host of the RFGen
 Community Playthrough and the RFGen Playcast. Listen/Download on iTunes and Podbean: www.rfgplaycast.com

Complete licensed NA NES, U.S. SMS, NA Vectrex, and Microvision sets!, 11 left for 7800, 25 for 5200, 42 for Colecovision
agz381
N-Gage

Stats
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2020, 06:16:16 PM »

I appreciate  the responses guys. I feared as much about the bulk sales. I haven't even cataloged 1/2 the stuff I have stored yet but I have a small pile of systems as well. Most of this stuff was aquired as you said, cherry picking a few titles and piling up spare parts from bulk lots. I knew going forward that market value in a large lot isn't likely and was acceptable. I think 95% of this was already paid for over time by selling titles from the lots.
 Any good places to start to off load this excess? Ebay and Paypal still takes a large % and since I haven't sold in years, they have sales limits per month =(. I may be interested in trading for NES titles I don't have here as well but I have to update my collection again first
MetalFRO
Blog Writer
United States
Awards: 2014 RFGen Top Shmuper

WWW Stats
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2020, 08:53:15 AM »

I would start a thread here in the Sales area, and drop a list in there. Maybe be flexible in being willing to individual price games by request, but make the bulk option cheap enough to make it attractive. I haven't used Craigslist in a while, as I've heard that's become a bit of a wasteland for game collecting/selling, but it might be worth a look, as are places like Decluttr, OfferUp, or LetGo. I haven't used any of those services, but as with anything, mileage may vary.

shaggy
RFG Emperor
United States

Stats
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2020, 04:55:14 PM »

I would start a thread here in the Sales area, and drop a list in there. Maybe be flexible in being willing to individual price games by request, but make the bulk option cheap enough to make it attractive. I haven't used Craigslist in a while, as I've heard that's become a bit of a wasteland for game collecting/selling, but it might be worth a look, as are places like Decluttr, OfferUp, or LetGo. I haven't used any of those services, but as with anything, mileage may vary.

Mercari is another place to go but I would post here on the website first.  I would probably not want the whole lot but if you have things I need/want and you want to piece out games, I'd be interested to see what you have.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2020, 11:40:27 AM by shaggy » Logged

NES cart only collection - 87% complete.
SMS set complete!
agz381
N-Gage

Stats
« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2020, 05:49:58 PM »

Sounds good guys. That's a good start. Thanks. It will be a bit before i get all the systems and stuff cataloged but I'll be sure to check in here.
shaggy
RFG Emperor
United States

Stats
« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2020, 03:12:13 PM »

Sounds good guys. That's a good start. Thanks. It will be a bit before i get all the systems and stuff cataloged but I'll be sure to check in here.

Did you end up going through your stuff yet?

NES cart only collection - 87% complete.
SMS set complete!
agz381
N-Gage

Stats
« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2020, 02:03:20 PM »

Not much more yet. Been super busy again.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length