RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 06:27:00 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Burgers from trash cans taste the best.

RF Generation Message Board | Announcements and Feedback | The Thinktank | Larger commentfields? 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Larger commentfields?  (Read 6195 times)
ugr
DB Contributor

Stats
« on: May 31, 2020, 04:44:37 PM »

Currently the comment field for collection/inventory is 100 characters. When I have to include comments for some of my collection where I have 7 items, even logging the condition for all 7 items is difficult. Add location to the mix, it gets worse. Etc.

There are a few edit pages (I think notably the multi-edit page) that allow for more than 100 character commens but if you type more than 100 characters in, the comment gets truncated.

Anyway: If we could go to 255 on this, it's a pretty straightforward database fix that would ease a lot of my woes. I imagine there are others who would benefit from this  Smiley
MetalFRO
Blog Writer
United States
Awards: 2014 RFGen Top Shmuper

WWW Stats
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2020, 09:08:23 AM »

I haven't run into too many situations where I couldn't get around it, but it would be helpful. There have been a handful of times where I definitely wanted more characters, to avoid abbreviating something, or just truncating what I wanted to notate on a particular entry.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length