RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 09, 2020, 03:08:12 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: It's not the size of the collection, it's how you store it!

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Community Playthroughs (Moderators: techwizard, singlebanana, wildbil52, GrayGhost81, Disposed Hero, MetalFRO) | July 2020 Playthrough - Earthbound 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: July 2020 Playthrough - Earthbound  (Read 1644 times)
Normatron
N-Gage
United States

Stats
« Reply #15 on: June 29, 2020, 10:38:53 AM »

I'm hooking up my snes mini in the next day or two. Am I too late to join and if I can what are we doing? Is it just completing the game?
bickman2k
Director
United States
Awards: 2017 RF Generation Punch-Out Heavyweight Champion!

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #16 on: June 30, 2020, 04:34:42 PM »

I'm hooking up my snes mini in the next day or two. Am I too late to join and if I can what are we doing? Is it just completing the game?

Completing the game. If you want to go for some of the 1/128 items, feel free.

Disposed Hero
RFG Moderator
United States
Awards: 2013 RFGeneration KING OF RAGE

Stats
« Reply #17 on: July 01, 2020, 03:24:35 PM »

I highly doubt I'll finish this before the end of the month, but I'm looking forward to finally playing this after hearing so much about it over the years. Hoping to get started this weekend.

bickman2k
Director
United States
Awards: 2017 RF Generation Punch-Out Heavyweight Champion!

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #18 on: July 02, 2020, 08:37:59 AM »

Just a heads up if this is your first time playing, don't try to grind up too much before the end. There is one spot where if you are leveled up too high, you can really lose out on some bonuses. It's super close to the end anyway, but you can beat the game without grinding too much in general. When I beat it to get some rough checkpoints, I was in the mid 70s with a cap of 99.

EngineerMike
Turbo Duo
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #19 on: July 02, 2020, 09:05:54 AM »

This is my first time playing, and I feel like I am making a pretty good dent. I just got to the part where you have 4 members of the party, for the first time. Using the guide, and it looks like Iím 2/3, through the game.

7% of the licensed NES library left to collect!
GrayGhost81
RFG Moderator
United States

Stats
« Reply #20 on: July 03, 2020, 07:21:51 AM »

Finally putting in some time with this and despite Adam's advice above, I spent a little time grinding this morning. I'm playing on the WiiU so you can't blame me for putting on a podcast and zoning out bouncing from battle to battle, most of which I'm winning without a fight, and if the fight has to be fought you just unleash a PSI Rockin and kill everything in one hit. Since I know Adam is going to wonder where I am right now, I'm in the cave behind the shack north of Onett. Yes, still very early and no party members.

One thing I really like is the localization. I love how when you level up there are little expressions when a stat goes up a lot, like whoah! HP went up 3 points or whatever. 

The ATM system is very interesting, and psychologically I think I like that the money is invisibly stacking up while I fight and then I get to be pleasantly surprised by the total amount when I hit the ATM. It's neat. 

douglie007
Sega Dreamcast
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #21 on: July 04, 2020, 09:52:31 PM »

I'm so not missing this! I've have a ruff few months and I really want to get back in the swin of things IE my games lol

Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length