RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 12:56:17 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Where the PSP Go matters more than HBO Go.

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Community Playthroughs (Moderators: techwizard, singlebanana, wildbil52, GrayGhost81, Disposed Hero, MetalFRO) | July 2020 Playthrough - Earthbound 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: July 2020 Playthrough - Earthbound  (Read 9601 times)
Normatron
Memorex VIS
United States

Stats
« Reply #15 on: June 29, 2020, 10:38:53 AM »

I'm hooking up my snes mini in the next day or two. Am I too late to join and if I can what are we doing? Is it just completing the game?
bickman2k
Director
United States
Awards: 2017 RF Generation Punch-Out Heavyweight Champion!

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #16 on: June 30, 2020, 04:34:42 PM »

I'm hooking up my snes mini in the next day or two. Am I too late to join and if I can what are we doing? Is it just completing the game?

Completing the game. If you want to go for some of the 1/128 items, feel free.

Disposed Hero
RFG Moderator
United States
Awards: 2013 RFGeneration KING OF RAGE

Stats
« Reply #17 on: July 01, 2020, 03:24:35 PM »

I highly doubt I'll finish this before the end of the month, but I'm looking forward to finally playing this after hearing so much about it over the years. Hoping to get started this weekend.

Check out my YouTube Channel for VGM covers! https://www.youtube.com/disposedherovgm

Check out my Twitch Channel! https://www.twitch.tv/disposed_hero

bickman2k
Director
United States

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #18 on: July 02, 2020, 08:37:59 AM »

Just a heads up if this is your first time playing, don't try to grind up too much before the end. There is one spot where if you are leveled up too high, you can really lose out on some bonuses. It's super close to the end anyway, but you can beat the game without grinding too much in general. When I beat it to get some rough checkpoints, I was in the mid 70s with a cap of 99.

MaterialHandlerMike
Atari Lynx
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #19 on: July 02, 2020, 09:05:54 AM »

This is my first time playing, and I feel like I am making a pretty good dent. I just got to the part where you have 4 members of the party, for the first time. Using the guide, and it looks like I’m 2/3, through the game.

Complete NA NES collection (minus Stadium Events)
GrayGhost81
RFG Moderator
United States

Stats
« Reply #20 on: July 03, 2020, 07:21:51 AM »

Finally putting in some time with this and despite Adam's advice above, I spent a little time grinding this morning. I'm playing on the WiiU so you can't blame me for putting on a podcast and zoning out bouncing from battle to battle, most of which I'm winning without a fight, and if the fight has to be fought you just unleash a PSI Rockin and kill everything in one hit. Since I know Adam is going to wonder where I am right now, I'm in the cave behind the shack north of Onett. Yes, still very early and no party members.

One thing I really like is the localization. I love how when you level up there are little expressions when a stat goes up a lot, like whoah! HP went up 3 points or whatever. 

The ATM system is very interesting, and psychologically I think I like that the money is invisibly stacking up while I fight and then I get to be pleasantly surprised by the total amount when I hit the ATM. It's neat. 

douglie007
Sega Dreamcast
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #21 on: July 04, 2020, 09:52:31 PM »

I'm so not missing this! I've have a ruff few months and I really want to get back in the swin of things IE my games lol

bickman2k
Director
United States

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #22 on: July 14, 2020, 02:35:02 PM »

How is everyone doing?

douglie007
Sega Dreamcast
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #23 on: July 14, 2020, 02:55:17 PM »

I'm on my way to threed. So a bit behind. 

bickman2k
Director
United States

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #24 on: July 18, 2020, 12:17:21 PM »

I updated the first 2 checkpoint hints to make them a little more clear.

MaterialHandlerMike
Atari Lynx
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #25 on: July 19, 2020, 12:50:11 PM »

Just got this one finished, this morning. Can’t believe it took me this long to play the game. It was fun. Had a really quirky style to the design and music.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2020, 10:10:22 PM by EngineerMike » Logged

Complete NA NES collection (minus Stadium Events)
Normatron
Memorex VIS
United States

Stats
« Reply #26 on: July 20, 2020, 07:19:44 PM »

Have not had a lot of time to play but I just got to threed a couple days ago. Trying to play it without any real help.
singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #27 on: July 21, 2020, 07:18:10 AM »

I started the game last Wednesday or Thursday, marathoned it, and managed to beat it last night. I'm so happy to have finished this game because I had started it a few years ago and for some reason, stopped around level 26. Of course, I started fresh this go round, since I would have been completely lost if I hadn't.

I certainly have a lot to say about this game, but I want to save those thoughts to discuss with Adam and Shawn. However, one MAJOR piece of advice that I would give is that when you reach a point during the end of the game, you will be told to make sure that you are stocked up on supplies before moving forward. At this point, I would not only stock up on Horns of Life, Multiple Bottle Rockets, Super Bombs, and Brain Food or other PSI replenishers, but PLEASE copy your save file into another slot before going forward. The game has what I feel is a pretty major difficulty spike from that point, not only with the bosses, but especially the enemies. There is a save point past this point where you can respawn, but even if you save there, you lose any items you used after the save and that can make your trek nearly impossible. Best of Luck to all!  Smiley

RFGen Co-Director; pinball, 2600 & NES nutjob, co-host of the RFGen
 Community Playthrough and the RFGen Playcast. Listen/Download on iTunes and Podbean: www.rfgplaycast.com

Complete licensed NA NES, U.S. SMS, NA Vectrex, and Microvision sets!, 11 left for 7800, 25 for 5200, 42 for Colecovision
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length