RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 01:01:53 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: We really love that Sega Dreamcast fishing controller and Sega Bass Fishing.

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Community Playthroughs (Moderators: techwizard, singlebanana, wildbil52, GrayGhost81, Disposed Hero, MetalFRO) | August 2020 Playthrough - Elite Beat Agents & Rhythm Heaven 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: August 2020 Playthrough - Elite Beat Agents & Rhythm Heaven  (Read 5261 times)
singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« on: July 09, 2020, 11:44:21 PM »

Everyone can "beat" DeS games....

August 1st - 15th - Elite Beat Agents
August 16th - 31st - Rhythm Heaven

PARTICIPANTS:
singlebanana
GrayGhost81
douglie007

**Elite Beat Agents has an autosave feature. If you have purchased a used copy, there will more than likely be saved info on the game. To erase this info and get the full game experience, press down all four face buttons and the two shoulder buttons at the same time when you see the black screen with the red Nintendo logo.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2020, 07:28:23 PM by singlebanana » Logged

RFGen Co-Director; pinball, 2600 & NES nutjob, co-host of the RFGen
 Community Playthrough and the RFGen Playcast. Listen/Download on iTunes and Podbean: www.rfgplaycast.com

Complete licensed NA NES, U.S. SMS, NA Vectrex, and Microvision sets!, 11 left for 7800, 25 for 5200, 42 for Colecovision
douglie007
Sega Dreamcast
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2020, 01:23:22 PM »

Britney's Dance Beats I hope lol

shaggy
RFG Emperor
United States

Stats
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2020, 01:44:03 PM »

Elite Beat Agents is an awesome game!

NES cart only collection - 87% complete.
SMS set complete!
douglie007
Sega Dreamcast
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2020, 04:04:46 PM »

I'm excited I get to use an accessory I seldom get to use!

singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2020, 02:18:06 PM »

GET READY!  Playthrough starts tomorrow.

Community Playthrough and the RFGen Playcast. Listen/Download on iTunes and Podbean: www.rfgplaycast.com

Complete licensed NA NES, U.S. SMS, NA Vectrex, and Microvision sets!, 11 left for 7800, 25 for 5200, 42 for Colecovision
singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2020, 07:26:36 PM »

Just wanted to point out that Elite Beat Agents has an autosave feature and does not save in blocks. If you have purchased a used copy, there will more than likely be saved info on the game. To erase this info and get the full game experience, press down all four face buttons and the two shoulder buttons at the same time when you see the black screen with the red Nintendo logo.

douglie007
Sega Dreamcast
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2020, 07:09:45 PM »

This stage is my bane....

singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2020, 07:23:38 PM »

Yeah............ I'm struggling as well

GrayGhost81
RFG Moderator
United States

Stats
« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2020, 08:32:14 AM »

Late to the party but I started EBA this morning. I only did the first stage but the touch controls were a little spotty so did the calibration and hope that will help. One thing that kind of sucks is that the sound is just horrible on the DS which is really bad for music games of course. I really like the Japanese nature of the game and am looking forward to playing as far as I can on easy, getting my butt kicked, and then giving up and moving on to Rhythm Heaven to get my butt kicked there.

douglie007
Sega Dreamcast
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #9 on: August 22, 2020, 05:49:57 PM »

I've played EBA and still stuck, so I'm putting it up for the next game. 

GrayGhost81
RFG Moderator
United States

Stats
« Reply #10 on: August 23, 2020, 11:14:49 AM »

I started Rhythm Heaven this morning and I like it about ten times more than EBA. I only did the first two levels, but the second level had me grinning ear to ear the entire time so I actually did it twice in a row. I've always wanted to put some quality time into the Rhythm Heaven games and looking forward to hopping into the 3DS or Wii one soon.

One thing I noticed last time I played EBA was that the game shifts between the presses being on the beat and on the vocal melody. As a drummer, I hate this. I noticed it on the YMCA level, and I hope it doesn't trip me up too much as I progress through the game. I do absolutely love the presentation of that game though, it is very Danganronpa-esque.

GrayGhost81
RFG Moderator
United States

Stats
« Reply #11 on: September 12, 2020, 11:55:25 AM »

I beat EBA and I'm watching RH on YT because it's not worth the effort for the perfection the game demands.

Rich and I are recording tomorrow for these two. It may turn out that we're not high on either game, they both have some strong redeeming qualities. Should be an interesting show.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length