RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 02:33:21 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: We really love that Sega Dreamcast fishing controller and Sega Bass Fishing.

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Community Playthroughs (Moderators: techwizard, singlebanana, wildbil52, GrayGhost81, Disposed Hero, MetalFRO) | October 2020 Playthrough - Fatal Frame II: Crimson Butterfly 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 Print
Author Topic: October 2020 Playthrough - Fatal Frame II: Crimson Butterfly  (Read 10259 times)
singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« on: September 12, 2020, 03:35:22 PM »

If your 2020 hasn't been quite scary enough, please join Rich (singlebanana) and Shawn (GrayGhost81) as they play through the second of three games in the Fatal Frame series, Fatal Frame II: Crimson Butterfly.  Released during the 6th Generation for both the PlayStation 2 and original XBox (as a Director's Cut), Fatal Frame II follows twin sisters Mio and Mayu Amakura as they happen upon a haunted village where paranormal entities threaten to use them as a sacrifice. As in the first game, instead of weapons, players must use their Camera Obscura to photograph these evil spirits in order to exorcise them. This third-person, survival horror entry, both sisters may take damage, but if even one of them takes too much, it's GAME OVER.  How will a game without "weaponry" fare among other titles from the survival horror genre?  And will the sisters be able to escape the now confirmed urban legend  that is the Minakami Village?   We hope you're feeling photogenic!

Participants
singlebanana
grayghost81
Mr_Stubbes
ReddMcKnight
Disposed Hero
EngineerMike
« Last Edit: September 16, 2020, 04:10:01 PM by GrayGhost81 » Logged

RFGen Co-Director; pinball, 2600 & NES nutjob, co-host of the RFGen
 Community Playthrough and the RFGen Playcast. Listen/Download on iTunes and Podbean: www.rfgplaycast.com

Complete licensed NA NES, U.S. SMS, NA Vectrex, and Microvision sets!, 11 left for 7800, 25 for 5200, 42 for Colecovision
Mr_Stubbes
Sega Genesis
United States

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2020, 05:01:50 PM »

Is it one of the fatal frame games?

shaggy
RFG Emperor
United States

Stats
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2020, 10:01:03 PM »

Is it one of the fatal frame games?

I think you are on to something.  I own the first two on the Xbox and beat the first one.  They are great games.  The second one freaks the crap out of me.  And so did the first.

NES cart only collection - 87% complete.
SMS set complete!
MaterialHandlerMike
Atari Lynx
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2020, 08:57:33 AM »

I always enjoy the Halloween picks.

Complete NA NES collection (minus Stadium Events)
Mr_Stubbes
Sega Genesis
United States

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2020, 09:00:22 AM »

I think you are on to something.  I own the first two on the Xbox and beat the first one.  They are great games.  The second one freaks the crap out of me.  And so did the first.

Well it looks like we'll be getting the crap scared out of use, because we will be playing the second game...

I don't do well with Horror games but I'm in on this one.

GrayGhost81
RFG Moderator
United States

Stats
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2020, 11:11:35 AM »

There is also a Wii version available from the PAL territory if anyone is interested. I'm probably going to main the PS2 version but will try them both I think.

Disposed Hero
RFG Moderator
United States
Awards: 2013 RFGeneration KING OF RAGE

Stats
« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2020, 11:43:50 AM »

I'm definitely in for this one! I've actually never played any of the Fatal Frame games, so I'm going to start with the first before rolling into the second.

Also, I'm pretty sure I got my copy of Fatal Frame II from Rich a few years back, so I guess this is the perfect time to finally play it Smiley
« Last Edit: September 14, 2020, 11:59:48 AM by Disposed Hero » Logged

Check out my YouTube Channel for VGM covers! https://www.youtube.com/disposedherovgm

Check out my Twitch Channel! https://www.twitch.tv/disposed_hero

ReddMcKnight
Ace Jago Player
Donor

Stats
« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2020, 12:03:17 PM »

Can I play it on my Xbox or Wii, or is PS2 a requirement? If I can play it on either of the former, then yes, yes, yes, I am 100 percent in. Smiley

GrayGhost81
RFG Moderator
United States

Stats
« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2020, 12:03:56 PM »

Can I play it on my Xbox or Wii, or is PS2 a requirement? If I can play it on either of the former, then yes, yes, yes, I am 100 percent in. Smiley

As always, any platform is good.

Disposed Hero
RFG Moderator
United States
Awards: 2013 RFGeneration KING OF RAGE

Stats
« Reply #9 on: September 15, 2020, 08:40:48 AM »

I went ahead and started the first Fatal Frame and have put about an hour into it. I've gotta say, I'm sorry it's taken so long for me to get around to this series, because I'm really enjoying it so far. I know the first game is supposedly pretty rough around the edges compared to II, so I'm really looking forward to starting that one soon.

Check out my YouTube Channel for VGM covers! https://www.youtube.com/disposedherovgm

Check out my Twitch Channel! https://www.twitch.tv/disposed_hero

GrayGhost81
RFG Moderator
United States

Stats
« Reply #10 on: September 15, 2020, 09:45:46 AM »

I went ahead and started the first Fatal Frame and have put about an hour into it. I've gotta say, I'm sorry it's taken so long for me to get around to this series, because I'm really enjoying it so far. I know the first game is supposedly pretty rough around the edges compared to II, so I'm really looking forward to starting that one soon.

Thanks for the insight, dude! Surprised to hear you've never played these given your tastes.

If anyone is wondering why we started with the second game in the series, it is because it is recognized as being on the easier side and having a great story within the series and survival horror in general, plus it's available on the most platforms.

I have no experience with the series except having played Spirit Camera on the 3DS, which was actually fun as hell. Can't wait to get started on this one once I finish Gears of War.

shaggy
RFG Emperor
United States

Stats
« Reply #11 on: September 15, 2020, 01:16:33 PM »

I wish I had my Xbox here so I could finally finish this game.  Good luck guys and don't crap your pants!

NES cart only collection - 87% complete.
SMS set complete!
Link41
The King of Hyrule
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #12 on: September 16, 2020, 01:01:16 PM »

Played this a long time ago and thought it was great. Looking forward to seeing what everyone thinks!

MaterialHandlerMike
Atari Lynx
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #13 on: September 16, 2020, 03:34:38 PM »

I’m in

Complete NA NES collection (minus Stadium Events)
Mr_Stubbes
Sega Genesis
United States

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #14 on: September 18, 2020, 03:07:06 PM »

Just secured myself a copy for the PS2.

Pages: [1] 2 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length