RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 03:35:17 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: We really love that Sega Dreamcast fishing controller and Sega Bass Fishing.

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Community Playthroughs (Moderators: techwizard, singlebanana, wildbil52, GrayGhost81, Disposed Hero, MetalFRO) | October 2020 Playthrough - Fatal Frame II: Crimson Butterfly 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print
Author Topic: October 2020 Playthrough - Fatal Frame II: Crimson Butterfly  (Read 10297 times)
GrayGhost81
RFG Moderator
United States

Stats
« Reply #30 on: October 25, 2020, 07:25:51 AM »

Thanks for the direction, guys. I was able to get into the basement of Osaka house, but now I cannot get into Kiryu house. The walkthrough I'm using says I should've had a second fight with broken neck woman on the bridge, and although I didn't, I did see her stalking Mio on the high walkway.

I gotta be honest, my enjoyment of this game has deteriorated to the point where I'm about to give up completely. I may jump into the Wii version for a little bit to see how different it is, watch the rest on youtube, and call it a day with this one. I can't stand running around trying to trigger some ultra-specific thing with these over-complicated walkthroughs being of absolutely no help (I searched "kiryu" in the one linked above and there are 175 instances of the word). Sucks because I felt like I was cruising through this game until I hit chapter 5.  

EDIT:It's as if the souls of All Gods' Village heard my cries because I felt compelled to google yet another walkthrough and I found the one linked below which seems really cut and dried. I was able to open Kiryu house and I know as soon as I step through the door, Chapter 5 will finally be over. I'm about to take a walk with my wife so hopefully a nice break will clear my head and I can proceed this afternoon and make some real progress.

https://www.ign.com/faqs/...terfly-walkthrough-448464
« Last Edit: October 25, 2020, 07:39:22 AM by GrayGhost81 » Logged

GrayGhost81
RFG Moderator
United States

Stats
« Reply #31 on: October 30, 2020, 03:29:20 PM »

Made to Chapter 8. After Chapter 5 the game got a lot better for me, especially thanks to the walkthrough I linked in my last post. Unfortunately for me, this walkthrough is unfinished and ends at the start of Chapter 8, so I'll have to find another one.

I liked the four (yes I know one of them was optional but I did all four) battles with Crimson Kimono. I actually felt like I was kicking her ass in the first battle, walloping her with Zero Shots until the cows came home. I liked when she turned the lights out. It reminded me of that one boss you fight in the dark in Senua's Sacrifice.

Still have a ton of healing items. I actually tend to restart if I use too many in a battle, even though I have like 25 healing herbs and 5 or 6 sacred waters.

douglie007
Sega Dreamcast
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #32 on: October 31, 2020, 02:28:58 PM »

I played to about chapter 4, I think I'm getting to old for jump scare games lol, so I decided to watch the rest of the game on YouTube so I can at least see the ending. 

GrayGhost81
RFG Moderator
United States

Stats
« Reply #33 on: November 07, 2020, 10:31:37 AM »

Finally beat the game yesterday. The final boss was easy in a way but annoying in that if he landed an attack it was instant death, so all those stockpiled healing items and the magic mirror are of no help. At least I was able to run through the tunnels each time I failed because the damage taken from the mourners was of no consequence.

The final boss being beaten by four shots of ZERO film made me wish I had used my other films throughout the game. I played the entire game with 7 and 14. Using some 90 would've helped me greatly in some of the battles.

I am happy to have played this game, but it took me way too long to get through, because I always felt compelled to quit after finding a save point. I liked the ending and was satisfied after watching the zero ending on youtube that I didn't miss anything by not doing the harder difficulty.

Disposed Hero
RFG Moderator
United States
Awards: 2013 RFGeneration KING OF RAGE

Stats
« Reply #34 on: November 07, 2020, 01:58:31 PM »

Agreed on that final boss fight. I remember spending a long time running through that tunnel the first time and killing all the ghosts that got in the way, then when I got one-shotted by that final boss, I was like "Are you ****ing kidding me!?". I was really glad when I found out you can just run past all the ghosts on the way.

Regarding the film, I'm kind of a hoarder in games, so I always like to save my good stuff for big boss fights and such, but when I started to have more of the stronger type of film than the weaker, I would switch to that. I pretty much just used whatever I had the most of.

I liked the game overall and am glad I played it, but after playing the first two games in the series, I wouldn't call myself a big fan. I might play through the sequels at some point just to play through them, but I'm not sure if I would ever feel compelled to revisit these games.

Pages: 1 2 [3] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length