RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 12:43:39 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Burgers from trash cans taste the best.

RF Generation Message Board | Announcements and Feedback | Announcements and Feedback | Euro: Not for Supply in the UK ? 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Euro: Not for Supply in the UK ?  (Read 5270 times)
toze3
DB Reviewer
Portugal

Stats
« on: October 21, 2020, 04:06:07 AM »

Hi

I have found alot of games that have only english language on the back cover, but have different UPC and normally the text on the back cover Not for Supply in the UK or alike.

This has discussed, I think, to be on UK language and have the variation title statment "Not for Supply in the UK". But I think this is confusing for most users

@dencrypt had submited one alike, that I made this correction.

Most of this games are sold in small countries here there is no localization at all, like Portugal for instance, and of course otheres, some have a quick guide with minimal instructions, but feels strange to add in UK country when is not suposed to be sold there.
Schlibby
DB Editor
United Kingdom

Stats
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2020, 06:42:50 AM »

It’s odd how these games are set to UK but I agree with the decision that’s been made. It’s not known what countries these games were normally sold in. A standardised rule is needed. And setting to UK is better than the dreaded Europe wide
toze3
DB Reviewer
Portugal

Stats
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2020, 09:36:59 AM »

I was just thinking in some alternative, possible a mainland EURO, or Euro wide for next year because UK is leaving (joking).

Hoping that appears a solution that could not be so confusing.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length