RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 04:53:17 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: It's not the size of the collection, it's how you store it!

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Community Playthroughs (Moderators: techwizard, singlebanana, wildbil52, GrayGhost81, Disposed Hero, MetalFRO) | February 2021 Playthrough - NES Disney Capcom Titles 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print
Author Topic: February 2021 Playthrough - NES Disney Capcom Titles  (Read 15826 times)
singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #15 on: February 01, 2021, 07:21:29 PM »

Glad you enjoyed DuckTales GameRuler!  You're right, you should jump higher on the moon. And also, where is Scrooge's space helmet.  This game is SUS!

Speaking of alternate endings, I will post some achievements for DuckTales, and hopefully a few of the other games, in the initial post. Good Luck!
« Last Edit: February 01, 2021, 07:28:20 PM by singlebanana » Logged

RFGen Co-Director; pinball, 2600 & NES nutjob, co-host of the RFGen
 Community Playthrough and the RFGen Playcast. Listen/Download on iTunes and Podbean: www.rfgplaycast.com

Complete licensed NA NES, U.S. SMS, NA Vectrex, and Microvision sets!, 11 left for 7800, 25 for 5200, 42 for Colecovision
Mr_Stubbes
Sega Genesis
United States

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #16 on: February 02, 2021, 05:17:05 AM »

Since I was having trouble with the original game (I.e I’m terrible at it), I decided to play through DuckTales: Remastered first. From what I saw while playing the original, the remaster mirrors it fairly closely with the exception of some key differences. For the most part, the level layouts are the same, but in the remaster you have to collect items to progress the level. There are also cinematic cutscenes that provide the game with a more of a fleshed out story. Another key change is the boss fights, while who you fight is the same, the fight sequences are a lot more involved in the remaster, where bosses will use special moves throughout the fight and generally tougher than their NES Counterparts. Ultimately I really enjoyed DuckTales: Remastered, now I just need to get good and beat the original  laugh

[img width=700 height=933]https://i.imgur.com/vNkfXfd.jpg[/img]

singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #17 on: February 03, 2021, 12:54:06 AM »

[img width=700 height=525]https://i.imgur.com/6iGAvDd.jpg[/img]
[img width=700 height=525]https://i.imgur.com/YsIDjwS.jpg[/img]
[img width=700 height=452]https://i.imgur.com/w7KtcYm.jpg[/img]

Jumped ahead this month and played through the games to set up some achievements (which are now in the initial post). I was very familiar with DuckTales and Chip & Dales, but other than testing The Little Mermaid when I bought it, I'd never checked it out. Beat it in less than 30 minutes, but man are my hands sore!

Good luck this month and let me know if you get stuck somewhere.

Community Playthrough and the RFGen Playcast. Listen/Download on iTunes and Podbean: www.rfgplaycast.com

Complete licensed NA NES, U.S. SMS, NA Vectrex, and Microvision sets!, 11 left for 7800, 25 for 5200, 42 for Colecovision
Mr_Stubbes
Sega Genesis
United States

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #18 on: February 03, 2021, 09:28:09 AM »

[img width=700 height=525]https://i.imgur.com/6iGAvDd.jpg[/img]
[img width=700 height=525]https://i.imgur.com/YsIDjwS.jpg[/img]
[img width=700 height=452]https://i.imgur.com/w7KtcYm.jpg[/img]

Jumped ahead this month and played through the games to set up some achievements (which are now in the initial post). I was very familiar with DuckTales and Chip & Dales, but other than testing The Little Mermaid when I bought it, I'd never checked it out. Beat it in less than 30 minutes, but man are my hands sore!

Good luck this month and let me know if you get stuck somewhere.

Damn Rich you didn't need to go off like that man!  laugh laugh

Mr_Stubbes
Sega Genesis
United States

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #19 on: February 03, 2021, 09:50:42 AM »

I was able to finish DuckTales on easy. The controls definitely took some time to get used to and mostly because I trouble making sure I pressed down on the D pad when trying to start pogo jumping. I can't tell you how many times I fell in a pit or missed hitting a boss due to messing up a pogo jump. I also did the stages a little bit out of order. I started with the Himalayas because that was one of the two levels I struggled with, so I figured I could get the extra life point
Spoiler (hover to show)
and get a couple extra lives by finding one ups and heading back to Duckburg to reset the stage. I did the same thing with the Amazon level and also raked in some extra money to pad my total score. The other level I had trouble with was Transylvania, especially the boss fight, however I found that I could essentially tank her by making sure I got the final extra hit point
Spoiler (hover to show)
The other levels I didn't have much issue with and If I'm being honest I didn't do too much exploring in the Transylvania, African Mines, and Himalaya levels, because I didn't want to risk losing too many lives. I finished the game with a little over 9m and was able to find 2 of the hidden treasures. I will say, If you are having trouble beating/finding things in the NES game, than play the remastered version first. I found that A lot of the secret items were in the same spots as in the original game and they were a far bit easier to find in the remaster, because the story will take you to them.

[img width=700 height=933]https://i.imgur.com/4dPh6Td.jpg[/img]
[img width=700 height=933]https://i.imgur.com/vSOSBqo.jpg[/img]
[img width=700 height=933]https://i.imgur.com/yDC9mpH.jpg[/img]

singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #20 on: February 06, 2021, 05:05:52 PM »

Nice work man!  I need to go back to Remastered as the major differences I remember are the intro level and the unbelievably difficult platforming at the end.

Mr_Stubbes
Sega Genesis
United States

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #21 on: February 06, 2021, 08:48:01 PM »

Nice work man!  I need to go back to Remastered as the major differences I remember are the intro level and the unbelievably difficult platforming at the end.

That platforming sequence at the end is kinda brutal and unexpected. I get that they wanted to make the ending a little more exciting compared to the original, but you have to be near perfect if you want to make it to the treasure first. Luckily lives are no issue in the remastered version.

Game Ruler
N-Gage
United States

Stats
« Reply #22 on: February 10, 2021, 08:44:02 PM »

Finished Rescue Rangers.  It was more adventurous than Duck Tales.  Once I figured out that I had to hold the jump button things got easier.  I enjoyed the multiple levels.  The first level was the hardest for me.  Once I got past the first level, I mastered the game pretty quickly.  I thought the bosses could be more challenging.  I played as Chip.  I'd give the game a 6/10.  On to the Little Mermaid. 

PS, my no account dad didn't help on this one at all. 

* thumbnail_IMG_1843.jpg (242.53 KB, 960x1280 - viewed 436 times.)

Ruling the gaming world since Day 1.
singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #23 on: February 10, 2021, 09:02:21 PM »

Once I figured out that I had to hold the jump button things got easier.

Hmmmm interesting.... please explain.

PS, my no account dad didn't help on this one at all.

Yeah, that guy sucks!  Cheesy

Game Ruler
N-Gage
United States

Stats
« Reply #24 on: February 11, 2021, 08:18:24 PM »

If you release the jump button too soon you don't jump as high.  I was releasing too early at first.  Premature releasing isn't good. 

Game Ruler
N-Gage
United States

Stats
« Reply #25 on: February 11, 2021, 08:31:14 PM »

I played ahead and completed Little Mermaid.  I completed it in one sitting.  Like singlebanana said, the controls were a little difficult until I got power ups.  The 4th boss was way harder than Ursula which I thought was a little strange.  I beat Ursula easily. 
Spoiler (hover to show)
I give the game an 8/10.

I rank this month's games-1)Little Mermaid 2)Duck Tales 3) Rescue Rangers.

Great choices this month!

* thumbnail_IMG_6373.jpg (143.65 KB, 962x1280 - viewed 426 times.)

douglie007
Sega Dreamcast
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #26 on: February 13, 2021, 09:16:22 AM »

Stupid life getting in the way of games, starting ducktales today.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

douglie007
Sega Dreamcast
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #27 on: February 13, 2021, 09:59:39 AM »

Well found the treasures but missed the score.[img width=500 height=225]https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20210213/a5a3840c223fb48c773bcc8c45559b5d.jpg[/img]

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

Mr_Stubbes
Sega Genesis
United States

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #28 on: February 14, 2021, 09:08:10 AM »

I went ahead and finished both Rescue Rangers and Little Mermaid this week.

With Rescue Rangers I found that the levels leading up to the bosses were generally more challenging than the bosses themselves. Which I actually didn’t mind too much considering some levels I felt like I had to take damage just to progress (Like on the level with the fans and the pelicans that spit blocks back at you). However the game was pretty fair about letting you find the stars that allowed you to get a 1up after collecting a few of them. The final battle with Fat Cat was too easy though. I found that if I stayed still after throwing the ball at him I could avoid his cigar ash.

[img width=700 height=933]https://i.imgur.com/jhSlRNR.jpg[/img]

My experience with little Mermaid was overall a positive one. I kinda wish that the attack was a projectile in itself instead of a way to make projectiles by trapping enemies in bubbles. It required a bit of weird maneuvering, especially during boss fights. I had more luck avoiding enemies by holding B and swimming past them quickly. The final boss fight with Ursula wasn’t too difficult, but I really enjoyed it. I liked that she was constantly changing the direction of the currents, because it required a little more “skill” to swim past her attacks and the fish than it would have if it was just a still screen. After playing the this, I really understand why Ariel wanted to become a human. Just about everything wanted her dead in the ocean!

[img width=700 height=933]https://i.imgur.com/lNCutH6.jpg[/img]

Overall all three games this month we’re great. However if I had to rank them in order from best to least best, it would be DuckTales, Little Mermaid, and Rescue Rangers.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2021, 08:55:54 AM by Mr_Stubbes » Logged

singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #29 on: February 14, 2021, 07:59:57 PM »

I like how everyone is ranking the games this month and encourage others to do so as well.  However, I'll save my rankings for the podcast though.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length