RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 07:23:56 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Track your collection from the Magnavox Odyssey to Super Mario Odyssey!

RF Generation Message Board | Announcements and Feedback | Announcements and Feedback | Multi-Console Submission Question 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Multi-Console Submission Question  (Read 5887 times)
shaggy
RFG Emperor
United States

Stats
« on: January 23, 2021, 02:09:55 PM »

I recently got a lot of CD-i games/media and I have an interesting one that isn't in the database.  This piece of media, according to the back of the case, says it is compatible with CD-i players with CD-i & Compact disc interactive symbols and the Digital Video Cartridge, Amiga CD32, 3DO, IBM PCs with MPEG Decompression Board, and Apple Mac with MPEG Decompression Boards.  I've never come across a game/media like this before or heard of anything like this before.  I assume I should make separate entries for each console/computer?  Thanks.

NES cart only collection - 87% complete.
SMS set complete!
Bear78
DB Contributor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2021, 04:31:58 PM »

Yeah, I think it would be separate entries under each computer then you could link them in related media?  There are C64 / Atari 8-bit disk entries like this where the C64 game is on one side and the Atari 8-bit is on the other.

shaggy
RFG Emperor
United States

Stats
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2021, 07:50:26 PM »

Yeah, I think it would be separate entries under each computer then you could link them in related media?  There are C64 / Atari 8-bit disk entries like this where the C64 game is on one side and the Atari 8-bit is on the other.

Wow, I never knew that, Commodore and Atari playing nice together!

NES cart only collection - 87% complete.
SMS set complete!
Bear78
DB Contributor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2021, 09:25:34 AM »

Yeah, I think it would be separate entries under each computer then you could link them in related media?  There are C64 / Atari 8-bit disk entries like this where the C64 game is on one side and the Atari 8-bit is on the other.

Wow, I never knew that, Commodore and Atari playing nice together!

Yep!  Here is an example of one just for reference.

http://www.rfgeneration.c...nfo.pl?ID=U-034-S-01650-B

http://www.rfgeneration.c...nfo.pl?ID=U-018-S-05030-A

You can of course always add it under the Multi console entry also which might make sense since there are so many consoles for this entry.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2021, 09:36:03 AM by Bear78 » Logged

Schlibby
DB Editor
United Kingdom

Stats
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2021, 01:18:48 PM »

I’ve never liked the multi console “system”. It provides no info as to what something works for. It’s not gonna show well in people’s online collection tracking. The games aren’t going to show with others against a proper system.

It’s ok for something like amiibos. But for games I’m much more keen on the items being duplicated in the database against the proper systems.

Would be great if games could just be tagged against multiple consoles but at the moment that obviously doesn’t exist.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length