RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 11:21:31 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Where we're rolling around at the speed of sound.

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Community Playthroughs (Moderators: techwizard, singlebanana, wildbil52, GrayGhost81, Disposed Hero, MetalFRO) | October 2021 Playthrough - Red Dead Redemption: Undead Nightmare 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: October 2021 Playthrough - Red Dead Redemption: Undead Nightmare  (Read 10345 times)
singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« on: September 11, 2021, 06:20:15 PM »

If you're ready to battle the undead, we'll see you saloon.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2021, 08:49:35 AM by singlebanana » Logged

RFGen Co-Director; pinball, 2600 & NES nutjob, co-host of the RFGen
 Community Playthrough and the RFGen Playcast. Listen/Download on iTunes and Podbean: www.rfgplaycast.com

Complete licensed NA NES, U.S. SMS, NA Vectrex, and Microvision sets!, 11 left for 7800, 25 for 5200, 42 for Colecovision
Mr_Stubbes
Sega Genesis
United States

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2021, 06:49:48 PM »

Are we playing Darkwatch?

singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2021, 10:06:45 AM »

Are we playing Darkwatch?

No sir

RFGen Co-Director; pinball, 2600 & NES nutjob, co-host of the RFGen
 Community Playthrough and the RFGen Playcast. Listen/Download on iTunes and Podbean: www.rfgplaycast.com

Complete licensed NA NES, U.S. SMS, NA Vectrex, and Microvision sets!, 11 left for 7800, 25 for 5200, 42 for Colecovision
Disposed Hero
RFG Moderator
United States
Awards: 2013 RFGeneration KING OF RAGE

Stats
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2021, 04:46:00 PM »

Undead Lumbago?

Check out my YouTube Channel for VGM covers! https://www.youtube.com/disposedherovgm

Check out my Twitch Channel! https://www.twitch.tv/disposed_hero

GrayGhost81
RFG Moderator
United States

Stats
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2021, 06:52:40 PM »

Undead Lumbago?

I had to google this. Had no idea it was such a meme. Might be good fodder for the show!

....ahem....I mean depending what the actual game is.

Mr_Stubbes
Sega Genesis
United States

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2021, 09:50:53 AM »

Its been a while since I played this, so I'm in.

MetalFRO
RFG Moderator
United States
Awards: 2014 RFGen Top Shmuper

WWW Stats
« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2021, 11:45:01 AM »

I haven't played a single Red Dead game yet, but I have this one, so I might try and participate, if I have enough time.

Disposed Hero
RFG Moderator
United States

Stats
« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2021, 10:17:51 PM »

I'm gonna try to fit this into my annual horror gaming lineup for October. I've really enjoyed both RDR games but surprisingly haven't played Undead Nightmare yet. It crosses my mind every year, but I've just never made it happen.

Check out my YouTube Channel for VGM covers! https://www.youtube.com/disposedherovgm

douglie007
Sega Dreamcast
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2021, 03:44:03 PM »

ill be trying this

Mr_Stubbes
Sega Genesis
United States

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #9 on: October 07, 2021, 11:09:05 PM »

Been playing the past couple nights and have made it down to Mexico. It’s been a long while since I played through this one but the further I progress the more I start to remember. I kinda wish I played through the main game first just so the interactions with the story characters could have been a bit more developed. Without spoiling the main game Undead Nightmare basically takes place towards the end of the main game and the biggest climax of the main story.

GrayGhost81
RFG Moderator
United States

Stats
« Reply #10 on: October 08, 2021, 08:59:59 AM »

Connection to the original game is definitely something we considered. We decided to go for it because a) this game is old af and everyone should have played it already b) the callbacks may just go over your head if you haven't played the original.

I haven't played the original in a very long time so I forgot a lot of these characters anyway. I believe Rich hasn't played the original at all so it'll be interesting to get his take as the month progresses.

I'm enjoying the game a ton. It's actually a little tough in the very beginning until you get your bearings and more importantly the torch. I am doing actual story missions a little bit, but I've also been clearing out a lot of towns and doing side quests.  The Birth of Conservation is still simultaneously one the funniest and saddest things I've ever experienced in a game.

Also, been rocking a zombie horse. I think the last time I played this game back in the day I had all these weird special horses. A flaming horse, a unicorn, and such, but my memory is a little fuzzy on that. It's cool rediscovering stuff like that.

Mr_Stubbes
Sega Genesis
United States

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #11 on: October 08, 2021, 09:41:53 AM »

Yeah its definitely a little tough right in the beginning because ammo is so limited, but by saving towns you can expand your arsenal as well as pick up a decent amount of ammo to where you don't really have to worry to much about it. I was never a fan of the zombie horses because they kind of have a mind of their own and will veer off from where you want them to go while riding. The special mounts have to do with the four horseman of the apocalypse. I've only ever had the war horse (flaming horse) and the pestilence horse. I do remember the Unicorn because I always felt that Dio's Rainbow in the Dark should have played while riding it   laugh

Mr_Stubbes
Sega Genesis
United States

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #12 on: October 08, 2021, 10:01:12 PM »

Went ahead and finished the game tonight. Overall I had a fun time with this one. I think I played through all the stranger missions too so the only thing really left to do is go for achievements/trophies. While not very long game there’s a pretty good story that goes along with it. While it may help to play the original game before trying undead nightmare it’s not necessary. The game’s missions are fairly simple it’s still a lot of fun trying to get head shots off on a bunch of zombies as the chase you around town or through a cemetery. The sound track is pretty good too. Especially when you’re traveling through open areas and the scenery is just bleak, it really pairs well with the creepy sounds of the waterphone and wails of the undead, but my favorite is the spooky/drunk trumpet lol, and the scooby-dooesque kinda pop punk song leading up to the final mission.

Disposed Hero
RFG Moderator
United States

Stats
« Reply #13 on: October 19, 2021, 09:07:09 AM »

I've put a few hours into this over the last week or so. Despite really enjoying RDR back in the day, I really wasn't into this one at first. The game is kind of frustrating at first until you get a decent stockpile of ammo, and the controls were a lot clunkier than I remember. After getting a little ways in and getting used to the mechanics, I really started enjoying it much more. I pretty much just head to whatever marker on the map is closest, but I'm enjoying the classic Rockstar humor of the main story missions. I also found the Pestilence horse which is pretty cool.

That being said, I'm running into some glitches that are hindering my enjoyment of the game. I keep having a problem with zombies and other NPCs appearing headless, which was really funny at first, but missions don't seem to progress when it happens, so I often have to reload the game and lose progress. I've heard that it's a common problem on Xbox that was caused by the last patch that rolled out several years ago, so I just reinstalled the game without patching it and will see if that helps. I may have to put the game down if the glitches keep happening, but I'm hoping I'll be able to finish it.

GrayGhost81
RFG Moderator
United States

Stats
« Reply #14 on: October 19, 2021, 09:09:27 AM »

Dude! Same thing is happening to me. Are you playing on XBONE or an actual 360? I didn't think to remove the patch but I am not sure if I can even do that on the XBONE because doesn't it just download the whole game and use the disc as a DRM check?

Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length