RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 05:48:52 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Where the PSP Go matters more than HBO Go.

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Community Playthroughs (Moderators: techwizard, singlebanana, wildbil52, GrayGhost81, Disposed Hero, MetalFRO) | November 2021 Shmup Club - R-Type III 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print
Author Topic: November 2021 Shmup Club - R-Type III  (Read 23420 times)
BlurSTG
N-Gage

WWW Stats
« Reply #30 on: November 30, 2021, 02:01:40 PM »

Final day of the month, and finally got the 1CC! Final score of 732,090! Not real happy with my run, but F it I'm done lmao. 1CC is 1CC haha.

I will not die until I achieve something. Even though the ideal is high, I never give in. Therefore, I never die with regrets.
BlurSTG
N-Gage

WWW Stats
« Reply #31 on: November 30, 2021, 02:06:33 PM »

My Final Thoughts: I love the game so much, I love the look, the feel, the music....everything. BUT.....This game pisses me off to no end lmao. I find hitboxes and damage inconsistent in multiple areas. Two good examples are the stage 2 eyeball boss, and the spiders on the final stage. There are times in stage 2 boss that I kill him in like 6 hits, and you know it's a hit because it makes an audible sound and flashes. Other times it takes me 9 hits! And those damn spiders on the final stage man......sometimes a charge shot wipes them out, sometimes it kills none, or 1 or 2 of em. It's infuriating lol. Still a great game all around, just very frustrating at times. I'm glad to be done lol.

I truly think I'm capable of a no miss of this given a bit more time (I should have started at the beginning of November lol). I may come back to it at some point and go for the 2-All and no miss.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2021, 02:10:48 PM by BlurSTG » Logged

I will not die until I achieve something. Even though the ideal is high, I never give in. Therefore, I never die with regrets.
Golem
Memorex VIS

Stats
« Reply #32 on: November 30, 2021, 05:17:31 PM »

Congrats Blur! Glad I caught the final couple stages on stream.

My best score to date is 605,130.

After a clear with the shadow force:
-The shadow force does more damage than the round force. (It seems like the cyclone force does damage comparable to the shadow force.)
-I think MetalFRO was right here:
The Shadow Force is interesting, but I think it might be one of those things you use when you've beat the game and want to go through it again and give yourself a challenge
-The second loop seems super cool!
-The second tier charges (both BEAM and HYPER) do a lot to help recoveries. But, because they are so useful, they dilute the difference between the force pods. The charges are a kind of lowest common denominator to get through anything, regardless of which force pod you picked.
-I'm gonna go get a cyclone force clear before moving on. :b
« Last Edit: November 30, 2021, 05:23:06 PM by Golem » Logged

BlurSTG
N-Gage

WWW Stats
« Reply #33 on: November 30, 2021, 06:10:19 PM »

Congrats Blur! Glad I caught the final couple stages on stream.

Was awesome to have you in the stream today man, thanks for dropping by! And I agree that 2nd loop seems like a blast! Let me know if you stream any of your attempts, I'd love to watch!

Corkman
Memorex VIS

Stats
« Reply #34 on: November 30, 2021, 07:41:51 PM »

Nice work BlurSTG!!!

I didn't get to play much the second half of the month. But, I was able to get to Stage 3 on one credit and able to credit feed to Stage 5.

I was able to get appreciate R-Type games more this month after playing this one. I didn't really care for the series from what I played before. However, I think I adjusted my expectations going in knowing this series is not fast paced or a bullet hell type of game. I found some fun in treating this game as almost a side scrolling puzzle game where the objective was making it from one checkpoint to another. I'll definitely come back the series at some point. I've been meaning to try out R-Type Final (the first one) since I hear good things.

Peace y'all!

Do not pursue Lu Bu!
MetalFRO
RFG Moderator
United States
Awards: 2014 RFGen Top Shmuper

WWW Stats
« Reply #35 on: December 01, 2021, 09:44:45 AM »

Thank you both for some good thoughts here at the end!

FauxMacho
Memorex VIS

Stats
« Reply #36 on: December 05, 2021, 10:20:31 PM »

I'm still plugging away. I've finally got home after decamping for the second half of November for some family time, which means I'm finally playing the Super Famicom cartridge I bought instead of the Raspberry Pi. The SNES controller handles much differently than the Retrobit Saturn pad I was playing on. Much better ship control, but the buttons are farther apart and taking some adjusting. But! In my first run on cart + SNES + CRT I got about a 10cc and it was pretty breezy, hence why I want to keep trying. Hoping for some gains this week as I keep the memorization fresh in my head. I got all the way to the 5th stage on my first credit.
FauxMacho
Memorex VIS

Stats
« Reply #37 on: December 07, 2021, 07:00:54 PM »

I've noticed how good the stars in stage 1, and here on the continue screen, look on a CRT.

* RType3LCDc.jpg (166.68 KB, 696x464 - viewed 228 times.)

* RType3CRTc.jpg (472.02 KB, 1028x685 - viewed 252 times.)
FauxMacho
Memorex VIS

Stats
« Reply #38 on: December 08, 2021, 11:12:27 AM »

Woo! I got a 1CC with a score of 612,910.

I was able to get much finer movement once I switched to the SNES and its controller.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2021, 11:18:14 AM by FauxMacho » Logged
MetalFRO
RFG Moderator
United States
Awards: 2014 RFGen Top Shmuper

WWW Stats
« Reply #39 on: December 09, 2021, 04:42:33 PM »

Hey, congrats! Also, that tweet of yours with these 2 photos really blew up!

Pages: 1 2 [3] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length