RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 04:24:36 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Burgers from trash cans taste the best.

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Community Playthroughs (Moderators: techwizard, singlebanana, wildbil52, GrayGhost81, Disposed Hero, MetalFRO) | Shmup Club May 2022 - G-Darius 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: Shmup Club May 2022 - G-Darius  (Read 15374 times)
MetalFRO
RFG Moderator
United States
Awards: 2014 RFGen Top Shmuper

WWW Stats
« Reply #15 on: May 26, 2022, 10:24:26 AM »

I managed to up my PB to 11 million last night on stream, but I still can't seem to get a cleanly executed run to get that clear. Either I'll make a mistake during the Dual Horn fight, mess up the capture of the Eta stage captain and lose a life, not get a clean capture of the Lambda stage captain, lose the captain prior to the boss fight, or take a death during Lightning Coronatus. My entire initial Coronatus boss strats rely on having that captain with me, so while I can fudge my way through it during that first phase, I can't do enough damage to him w/o being able to Alpha Beam early on where the fight becomes much harder later on. I also sometimes forget that I absolutely HAVE to come into the final stage with at least 1 capture ball so I can snag that captain, because if I don't, I'm hosed. It's a bit frustrating, but I know I can do it, because I have in practice runs. But in a full run, I haven't managed to have that same success. I'll get it, but it's a little frustrating leading up to that.

MetalFRO
RFG Moderator
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #16 on: May 27, 2022, 01:27:01 PM »

I finally got my clear! Yes, it's only on the Lambda route, but I feel pretty good about it, considering how long I've owned this game, and how much I've played it casually over the years. I ended up with a 1.6 million score all told, which is a new PB for a full 1-credit run. Happy with the end result! Here's the run itself:

* G-Darius 01.png (71.2 KB, 503x388 - viewed 262 times.)

zoydo
Jaguar CD

Stats
« Reply #17 on: May 29, 2022, 06:23:15 AM »

@MetalFRO: Awesome, Congrats!!! Also very close to no miss! Very nice run and a solid score, good job. Smiley

TOB
MetalFRO
RFG Moderator
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #18 on: May 30, 2022, 12:03:29 PM »

@MetalFRO: Awesome, Congrats!!! Also very close to no miss! Very nice run and a solid score, good job. Smiley

Thank you! I was really hoping for a no-miss, but I feel pretty good with it at this point. I may try to do a bit more over time, but was stoked to at least get the initial clear during the month while we're playing it.

MetalFRO
RFG Moderator
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #19 on: June 10, 2022, 10:34:18 AM »

Anyone have final thoughts on the game we can share on the podcast?

FauxMacho
Memorex VIS

Stats
« Reply #20 on: June 15, 2022, 03:05:18 PM »

I didn't get as much time in as I wanted, but I did break through my stage 2 wall and found some more success. An update was released June 1, more versions, including the PS1 release, and more gadgets on the sides. I think this added health bars for both captures and bosses which is a really great improvement, and their previous absence was noticeable because there was just empty space there before. https://www.nintendolife....-and-lots-of-improvements

Some time in the future I think I'll find more time to commit to this and try to improve some more.
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length