RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 12:40:38 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Where we play the Power Pad with our feet, not our hands, dagnabbit!

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Community Playthroughs (Moderators: techwizard, singlebanana, wildbil52, GrayGhost81, Disposed Hero, MetalFRO) | December 2022 Shmup Club - Super Amazing Wagon Adventure 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: December 2022 Shmup Club - Super Amazing Wagon Adventure  (Read 5092 times)
MetalFRO
RFG Moderator
United States
Awards: 2014 RFGen Top Shmuper

WWW Stats
« on: December 06, 2022, 08:47:59 AM »

Sometimes you need wacky, light-hearted fun, right? Right. Oregon Trail was a game that wasn't so joyous, what with death by dysentery and other cruel fates, but it is well remembered and loved by a generation of adults who grew up playing it on a school computer. It was entertaining, and educational, and taught kids about the harsh realities of life in the old west, as folks traversed the untamed landscapes of what would become known as the United States of America. What if you could amp up Oregon Trail with new mechanics, and make it supercharged?

That's what you get with Super Amazing Wagon Adventure! Taking the core idea of its progenitor, developer sparsevector turned the dial up to 11 and broke it off completely. Instead of a slow and painful death of dehydration, starvation, or being attacked by your fellow man, you'll be mauled by bears, assaulted by unicorns, trampled by buffalo, or eaten by rabid bats. But don't worry - you have a whole arsenal at your fingertips, as you and your 2 trusty companions ride in your covered wagon (or other strange vehicle) across the plains with your gun, missile launcher, or spread cannon at the ready. Watch out for mutant zombies and undead mummies along the way! Join the RF Generation Shmup Club for our December 2022 play-through, as we take on the crazy indie shooter Super Amazing Wagon Adventure!

The game is available here on Steam:
https://store.steampowered.com/app/250500/Super_Amazing_Wagon_Adventure/

Participants:
MetalFRO
Addicted
Drake Tungsten
MightySquirrel (via Discord)
Corkman
zoydo
« Last Edit: January 02, 2023, 10:05:53 AM by MetalFRO » Logged

MetalFRO
RFG Moderator
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2022, 07:31:46 PM »

Just to give everyone an idea of how wacky and fun this game is, here are a couple runs where I've cleared the game:

zoydo
Jaguar CD

Stats
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2022, 08:04:55 AM »

Congrats on the clear, GBG! Smiley

I played a couple of runs at them beginning of the month, but i'm not quite sure how to track progress in this game.
Guess my best was when i got to Day 119, but then i was killed by a wolf.

The game has a lot of cool ideas and comes up with new surprises that make you laugh with every run.

Playing with the arcade stick was a bit tricky because i had to switch over to mouse controls for the twin-stick parts. Sometimes i was a bit annoyed by the huge hitboxes, quick enemies and the story-screens that tend to kill the flow of the game, but i still had a good time playing because it's so wacky.

See you next year guys, have a good start! Smiley

TOB
Corkman
Memorex VIS

Stats
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2023, 12:52:50 PM »

I was only able to play a few runs of this game during the month but it was way more than I expected for $3.00 on Steam. There were plenty of unlockable wagons, plenty of randomness and seemingly endless supply of fun surprises. Sometimes the NRG really killed some runs but I was always happy to do another run. I can see myself playing a few more runs on occasion when I see this game is in my Steam library. 

Do not pursue Lu Bu!
MetalFRO
RFG Moderator
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2023, 10:06:14 AM »

Thanks for the feedback, both of you! Anyone else have final thoughts on the game?

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length