RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 04:58:53 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: It's not the size of the collection, it's how you store it!

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Video Game Generation | New NES-Guide and more for PAL-B in English! 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: New NES-Guide and more for PAL-B in English!  (Read 4005 times)
lendelin
Memorex VIS

Stats
« on: March 28, 2023, 11:43:12 AM »

This is not an advertisement, nor do I have any affiliation with the authors, it is just a heads-up about a fantastic informative book for every NES collector out there and every gamer who is interested in gaming history. I got it a couple of weeks ago, and I'm very impressed.

We got a new NES-Guide for the PAL-B region from the two acclaimed authors Marcel Guelzow and Dennis Grundmann. The two Germans present in a third edition not only for the first time a hardcover book, moreover they added new articles about NES-collecting and launches of the NES in neglected regions of the world. The print quality and the binding of the book is first class, it has 284 pages. More importantly, every section (!) of the book is presented in German AND in flawless English. This makes it in particular for American collectors and enthusiasts of gaming history a must-have.

Excerpts of the content

- a complete alphabetical list of game releases in the PAL-B region with box art, distinct descriptions and prices
  (the main section)
- a short list of NTSC releases with marked exclusives, so titles never released in Europe can be easily
   identified (very helpful)
- a short list of PAL-A and PAL-B exclusive games
- articles about the NES in South Korea, India, Brazil, Israel, Africa and Eastern Europe
- articles about bootlegs, hacks, repros and prototypes

The articles are well researched and the content is clearly presented. I am German living in the US for more than 30 years, as some of you might know, and my knowledge after more than 20 years of collecting and reading about game history isn't too shabby; however, it is mainly limited to the US. I was very surprised about all the new and interesting information I got out of this book. I highly recommend this book for everyone who is interested in the NES and in gaming history in general.

Exclusively distributed by Retro Game Collector Heaven LINK  https://www.retrogamecoll..._id=51509&language=en
« Last Edit: March 28, 2023, 06:24:07 PM by lendelin » Logged
shaggy
RFG Emperor
United States

Stats
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2023, 03:42:58 PM »

This sounds cool.  I wish it was for the NTSC games.

NES cart only collection - 87% complete.
SMS set complete!
lendelin
Memorex VIS

Stats
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2023, 06:31:26 PM »

This sounds cool.  I wish it was for the NTSC games.

Yep, but the articles about the different regions (Asia, South America, and Europe) are of general interest. It is truly interesting to see the specifics how the NES was introduced in different regions, and how it affected the collecting scene today in these regions. The level of information is just great, and I never read a book which made such information in one place available.
MetalFRO
Blog Writer
United States
Awards: 2014 RFGen Top Shmuper

WWW Stats
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2023, 12:33:35 PM »

This is neat! I know Crabmaster2000 is working on a NES book for North American games, mostly focused on licensed titles IIRC. But this could be an interesting perspective on the other regions.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length