RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 07:45:02 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: We really love that Sega Dreamcast fishing controller and Sega Bass Fishing.

RF Generation Message Board | Other | The Gym | getting fat 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Print
Author Topic: getting fat  (Read 10667 times)
captain_nintendo
RFG Friend
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #15 on: October 03, 2005, 06:33:13 AM »

Its that damn sody pop that'll get ya. Of course this is from a person who's never weighed over 150.

Geez !

Last time I wieghed that little I was maybe in the 6th grade ? (P.S. I was 6 foot tall then)

den68
loves White Castle!
DB Contributor

Stats
« Reply #16 on: October 03, 2005, 01:01:48 PM »

I'm 5'11" and about 250, which as I found out this weekend is too fat to ride the Millennium Force at Cedar Point.

my doctor also told me I'm obese.

I know I need to lose weight but I am very active. I play hockey once a week, bike a few times a week and do other things. I'm not a slug on the couch all the time.

but yeah, it's the sody pop that get's me. I eat pretty healthy, just can't give up the Dew.

Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #17 on: October 03, 2005, 06:26:18 PM »

I'm 5'11" and about 250,

So am I. Some chart says I am obese but I don't think I am. Obese people are those that are so fat they can't walk or move at all.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2005, 06:27:54 PM by tynstar » Logged

wrldstrman
nintedo completist
3DO
United States

Stats
« Reply #18 on: October 03, 2005, 09:55:12 PM »

yeah i dont understand the charts they use wonder if they relize muscle weighs more than fat..as far as my arms and legs go there really muscular it hard to even get enough skin pinched for a body fat measurement..but the mid section is a totally diffrent story...guess i never liked doing sit ups because when you work the arms chest or legs ypo can see your gains it also motivitates you to look in the mirror and see a big old pumped arm..plus I like the feeling (eventho a little concited) of standing behind the little guys looking at there abs in the mirrior and totally dwarfing them...I would rather keep my 20 inch guns and the gut then have a small waist line..but i guess if i get off my lazy behind i can have the abs to...i say this i chow down on a swiss roll Roll Eyes

need last 3 nes items  chubby cherub box, stadium event manual and complete myriad
Sauza12
DB Contributor
Awards: 06 RFG Baseball Winner

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #19 on: October 04, 2005, 07:57:27 AM »

I'm 5'10" and 185.  I haven't had a chance to hit the gym, in like two months and it's starting to bug me.  I swear to God I can actually feel myself getting weaker as the time goes by.

When I was going to the gym regularly (which was 5 times a week) I could put up around 260-270.  Now I don't think I could break 225.
den68
loves White Castle!
DB Contributor

Stats
« Reply #20 on: October 04, 2005, 10:46:40 AM »

I'm still pretty quick for a big guy. When I played softball this summer I got quite a few infield hits because the fielders thought they had all day to throw out the slow fat guy. They're watching their throw still in the air as I'm safely standing on 1st base.

wrldstrman
nintedo completist
3DO
United States

Stats
« Reply #21 on: October 04, 2005, 11:00:25 PM »

I used to love to play softball..until I compound fractured my leg playing second base and now my leg looks like the hardware section .I enjoy going through metal detctors. |D

need last 3 nes items  chubby cherub box, stadium event manual and complete myriad
Lord Nepenthean
Co-Founder

WWW Stats
« Reply #22 on: October 07, 2005, 04:16:11 AM »

Obese people are those that are so fat they can't walk or move at all.

Actually, that's a different classification alltogether.  It's "morbidly obese."  Some of those people you are thinking of (like the lady whose skin became grafted to her couch because she didn't move for so long) are even beyond this morbidly obese classification, for which they have no name.  But yeah, to be obese, you don't have to be so fat that you are immobile.  You can still be quite active, really - just not healthy.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2005, 04:16:57 AM by admin » Logged

den68
loves White Castle!
DB Contributor

Stats
« Reply #23 on: October 07, 2005, 05:57:15 AM »

the weird thing was that the obesity threshhold was like 190 or so. that seems too damn thin to me.

Jagdiesel
Jaguar CD

Stats

Champion of

More>>
« Reply #24 on: November 04, 2005, 06:48:43 AM »

I'm 6' and weigh about 215 now.  I've been the same weight (within 10lbs) for about 10 years now. When I got outta bootcamp and was down to 185 and looked like death - it took me about 2 years to get back over 200 and I worked out 5 days a week and ate like a madman.  
When I was 16, I weighed about 240 but was lifting weights 6 days a week, taking supplements, and ran at least 2 miles every morning and afternoon.
Something about bad knees, bad back, bad hip - all from football - that makes it hard for me to do alot of exercising now.  Every time I get to the gym on a regular routine, I tear something up - last time was the left knee, again.
I'm classified as overweight/borderline obese.  What a fucking joke!  Ask Scott or Rick if I'm that big.  Well, Scott will say I'm a fatass but that's Scott for you |D

Why dis hafta happen, Forrest?
You got shot, Bubba.
I wanna go home Forrest, I wan go home...
captain_nintendo
RFG Friend
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #25 on: November 04, 2005, 06:58:12 AM »

No Chris you arent a "fatass" Tongue

I do need to start pumping some iron again though  Smiley
Might pick up a third hockey league to play in as well.  :-/

Who knows.....

Izret101
Postmaster General; Wielder of the Mighty Banhammer
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #26 on: November 04, 2005, 10:51:28 AM »

I'm getting fat from school lunches again.

Even with being more active lately i'm packing it on.
Damn slow meabolism.

In anycase i am going to try and start using a friends weight bench. He has a strange work schedual though so i doubt it will work out.

Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #27 on: November 04, 2005, 05:40:58 PM »

I'm classified as overweight/borderline obese.  What a fucking joke!  Ask Scott or Rick if I'm that big.  Well, Scott will say I'm a fatass but that's Scott for you |D

You are correct sir!!!!!!!

wrldstrman
nintedo completist
3DO
United States

Stats
« Reply #28 on: January 21, 2006, 11:16:49 PM »

well i managed to get back to the gym a week ago nothing like putting things off.

Izret101
Postmaster General; Wielder of the Mighty Banhammer
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #29 on: January 22, 2006, 12:39:08 PM »

Heh i am also finally starting to benching & running regularly.
Well running i am going to start today.
Once i clean off the treadmill noone uses in the desolate corner of the laundry room.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length