RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 04:38:40 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Hey, you're finally aw- NO TODD HOWARD! NOT HERE!

RF Generation Message Board | Other | The Gym | getting fat 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Print
Author Topic: getting fat  (Read 10669 times)
wrldstrman
nintedo completist
3DO
United States

Stats
« on: October 01, 2005, 12:14:27 AM »

Im big time into weight lifting but havent been to the gym since may and ive gained about 20pounds Shocked...anyone into weight lifting..im starting back monday because my pants dont fit...my goal is to get back down to about 230 by spring..40 pounds to go |D      

need last 3 nes items  chubby cherub box, stadium event manual and complete myriad
Arrrhalomynn
Beep beep! Boop boop!
Co-Founder
Netherlands

WWW Stats
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2005, 01:00:42 AM »

230 pounds is still an awful lot, unless you're 7 foot tall. Or made of pure muscle.

Good luck though.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2005, 01:00:53 AM by Arrrhalomynn » Logged
Hydrobond
+5 Insightful
PlayStation
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2005, 06:08:32 AM »

I lift when I have the time, but lifting won't really help to much in losing pounds.  You need aerobic exercise to do that.  Try swimming or, if you think your knees are up to it, running.  
« Last Edit: October 01, 2005, 08:36:17 AM by hydrobond » Logged

I never proofread before hitting the submit button, this is why every single one of my posts has been edited in the first minute after being submitted.
captain_nintendo
RFG Friend
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2005, 08:31:04 AM »

230 pounds is still an awful lot, unless you're 7 foot tall. Or made of pure muscle.

Good luck though.

Geez Arrr , maybe some of us men dont want to be skinny little wussys ?

When I was 230 I was solid as a rock at 6'4"
looking like a skeleton si not cool. On the other end of the spectrum though..... Being way overwieght sucks.

Picked up yet another hockey leauge to play in to shed a few more pounds.. (makes 2 leauges currently)

Good luck on the wieght loss wrldstrman... Wink
I suggest you do some cardio along with that lifting.
Also sit ups work great IMO.

Arrrhalomynn
Beep beep! Boop boop!
Co-Founder
Netherlands

WWW Stats
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2005, 09:27:05 AM »

You must be pretty darn tall or muscular not to look fat and be fat at 230.

How tall are you anyway?
Izret101
Postmaster General; Wielder of the Mighty Banhammer
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2005, 12:54:31 PM »

I love lifting weights too.
I took almost 2 years off though.
I messed up my sholder and elbow benchpressing so cut back my wieght then stopped completely.
hen i got rid of my old bench weights and curling bars because they took up more space than i had to give in my room.

I just started consistantly using this machine we got from my uncle about a year ago. I don't really like it though because it is one of those pulley system type things.

I need to get another bench because i loved benchpressing and freeweigh is much better IMO.

As for all this talk of weight. Depending on your hieght and general physique you can wiegh more than someone else and still be in bter shape than them.
Having broad sholders or chest (ribcage size not fat or breast size mind you Wink) can add more weight to a person.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2005, 12:54:50 PM by IZRET101 » Logged

Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2005, 02:30:14 PM »

Mark is scared of fat people so don' t talk about them.

Also if the wind picks up some one tie Mark down. He might blow away.

nupoile
DB Contributor
United States
Awards: 2014 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2005, 04:12:45 PM »

I lift when I have the time, but lifting won't really help to much in losing pounds.  You need aerobic exercise to do that.  Try swimming or, if you think your knees are up to it, running.  

Weightlifting is great for losing fat, muscles burn fat, the more you have the more you burn. Muscles burn fat all the time, 24 hours a day, if you put on 1 pound of muscle you are going to see big improvements in fat loss. Aerobic exercise only burns fat while you are doing it and for a little while after and is not nearly as effective at fat loss in my mind. And besides that, if you keep up the intensity, weightlifting is just as aerobic as most other activities most people consider "aerobic".

Of course if your whole goal is simply weight loss, starvation is the way to go. But then your body decides to use up your muscles first and you just end up with skin, bones and fat. Thats an overexageration I know, but the first sentance in this paragraph was funny. Smiley

As far as height and weight go I am 6'2" 210-215 pounds and I can see my stomach muscles (more or less). So being 6'4" and 230 doesn't sound too bad.
captain_nintendo
RFG Friend
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2005, 04:58:15 PM »

You must be pretty darn tall or muscular not to look fat and be fat at 230.

How tall are you anyway?

Arrr , I said in my post I was 6'4"
Thats Six foot 4 inches tall.
I am overwieght now , but before I had a son , I played hockey 4 times a week , worked out 3 times a week and did at least 500 sit ups a night.

But now I am lazy..... :-[ Starting to get the urge to work out again. I know I am heading in the right direction by playing in another hockey league.

And seriously...... NFL linebackers are 6'4" 245 - 255 and alot of them look as if they are chisled (look muscular)

Izret101
Postmaster General; Wielder of the Mighty Banhammer
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #9 on: October 01, 2005, 07:45:52 PM »

Don't worry about it too much guys.
He is a cyclist after all.

Anyways didn't we go over this whole thing about weight to musculaer strength ratio last time weight lifting was brougt up?

You can technically be overweight for your height but the index used only takes into account fat not muscle.
And it is also for a specific "average" body type.
So nearly every person can have their own deviation from that chart.

Arrrhalomynn
Beep beep! Boop boop!
Co-Founder
Netherlands

WWW Stats
« Reply #10 on: October 02, 2005, 12:29:15 AM »

Arrr , I said in my post I was 6'4"
Thats Six foot 4 inches tall.
I am overwieght now , but before I had a son , I played hockey 4 times a week , worked out 3 times a week and did at least 500 sit ups a night.

But now I am lazy..... :-[ Starting to get the urge to work out again. I know I am heading in the right direction by playing in another hockey league.

And seriously...... NFL linebackers are 6'4" 245 - 255 and alot of them look as if they are chisled (look muscular)

Then you must have been darn muscular, as I said Wink
captain_nintendo
RFG Friend
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #11 on: October 02, 2005, 05:49:50 AM »

Don't worry about it too much guys.
He is a cyclist after all.

Anyways didn't we go over this whole thing about weight to musculaer strength ratio last time weight lifting was brougt up?

You can technically be overweight for your height but the index used only takes into account fat not muscle.
And it is also for a specific "average" body type.
So nearly every person can have their own deviation from that chart.

For sure. Muscle does weigh more than fat. I remember being down to 215 pounds when I was 22 and when I started lifting wieghts I gained wieght. Shocked
Of course my arms got bigger , my legs got bigger ....You get the point.

So being "overwieght" isnt always a bad thing.

wrldstrman
nintedo completist
3DO
United States

Stats
« Reply #12 on: October 02, 2005, 09:22:37 PM »

actually im 5.11-- 6 ft or in between..but my biggest problem is i love little debbie..fudge rounds,nutty bars,swiss rolls,etc and i hate running...but its time to get serious i dont like the feel of thight pants..actually for my height i dont look fat because eventhough my stomach is getting close to 40 inches  Shocked my chest is still over 50 inches so i dont look to fat :-[..plus i usally get a lot more active in the winter because i cant take the heat and humidity during summer and end up laying in the ac a lot |D

need last 3 nes items  chubby cherub box, stadium event manual and complete myriad
captain_nintendo
RFG Friend
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #13 on: October 03, 2005, 05:58:07 AM »

actually im 5.11-- 6 ft or in between..but my biggest problem is i love little debbie..fudge rounds,nutty bars,swiss rolls,etc and i hate running...but its time to get serious i dont like the feel of thight pants..actually for my height i dont look fat because eventhough my stomach is getting close to 40 inches  Shocked my chest is still over 50 inches so i dont look to fat :-[..plus i usally get a lot more active in the winter because i cant take the heat and humidity during summer and end up laying in the ac a lot |D

I am the same way. I hate "playing" in the heat.

Good luck and just watch the junk food intake Wink

The Metamorphosing Leon
Laying on the green leaf, left and abandoned...
Donor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #14 on: October 03, 2005, 06:25:02 AM »

Its that damn sody pop that'll get ya. Of course this is from a person who's never weighed over 150.

When shall his new form be revealed?
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length