RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 09:28:22 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Burgers from trash cans taste the best.

RF Generation Message Board | Announcements and Feedback | Announcements and Feedback | Login problems 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Login problems  (Read 2286 times)
DragonMaster_Sam
N-Gage

Stats
« on: October 04, 2005, 07:28:18 AM »

I'm having a little situation here. Anytime I login to the message boards, I'm able to get in. Yet when I add a game to my collection and have to login, it keeps claiming that I have an "incorrect password", yet my password is the same that I use for the boards. Can somebody help me out?
captain_nintendo
RFG Friend
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2005, 07:42:26 AM »

Are you "staying logged in" So that everytime you visit the site you dont need to log in , or are you logging out every time ?

DragonMaster_Sam
N-Gage

Stats
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2005, 07:54:32 AM »

I have the little "stay logged in" box checked everytime.
captain_nintendo
RFG Friend
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2005, 08:05:12 AM »

I have the little "stay logged in" box checked everytime.

You should only ever need to log in once then.  :-/

Are you needing to actually log in every visit ? Or are you logged in because you checked that box ?

Unless your cookies are reseting ?

DragonMaster_Sam
N-Gage

Stats
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2005, 08:16:42 AM »

Don't know what the deal was, but things are working fine now.
captain_nintendo
RFG Friend
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2005, 08:32:33 AM »

Don't know what the deal was, but things are working fine now.

Ok ...Thats good !

Welcome aboard by the way.  Smiley

Dont forget to introduce yourself here :

http://www.rfgeneration.c...on=display;num=1086703181

Izret101
Postmaster General; Wielder of the Mighty Banhammer
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2005, 10:41:43 AM »

Something i also suggest doing is log in through your collection page.
Rather than logging in the normal way.

For some reason if you og in the normal way it will not "fully" log you in.
If you log in to edit or view your colection than you will be "fully" loged in.

St0rmTK421
The Black Perl
Director

Stats
« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2005, 03:24:45 PM »

Since the YaBB message boards had its own scripts and the collection scripts were homebrewed, I had to kind of hack the collection login system so it would use the same logon as the boards.  It uses the same cookie, so theoretically if you log onto one you should be logged on to both, but sometimes things don't work the way you want them to...

Let me know if you still have any problems.

[img width=406 height=60]http://www.rfgeneration.com/yabbattach/lordnep.gif[/img]
We will always keep it on channel 3!
bum-man
RFG Friend
United States

Stats
« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2005, 04:08:02 PM »

You gotta love open source!!!

Have you looked at YaBB 2.0 yet, I think it's close to beening released (if it hasn't been already).  Any plans to upgrade the boards to the new version or do you have to many other thing that need doing?  Since 2.0 is a complete rewrite it would mean redoing any hacks, and security is something I read that they have enhanced.  Most of the features are available as mods but I run a site that uses SP 1.4 that I am hoping the reduced load on the server in 2.0 will help speed up.

[img width=468 height=60]http://www.rfgeneration.com/PHP/banners.php?banner=collectionstats;user=bum-man[/img]
I need more room for all my $#!%
St0rmTK421
The Black Perl
Director

Stats
« Reply #9 on: October 04, 2005, 06:26:47 PM »

I'm not exactly sure what will happen when 2.0 comes out.  I'm pretty much in charge of the custom scripts on the site and Mike's been the one who has been doing most of the board stuff.  The only time I look into the board code is if I want to find some way to work some of the board info (such as accounts) into the other features.  You're going to have to get an answer from him concerning the upgrade, I didn't even know they were coming out with one so soon.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2005, 06:27:23 PM by St0rmTK421 » Logged

[img width=406 height=60]http://www.rfgeneration.com/yabbattach/lordnep.gif[/img]
We will always keep it on channel 3!
Lord Nepenthean
Co-Founder

WWW Stats
« Reply #10 on: October 07, 2005, 04:35:06 AM »

I have been trying to keep up-to-date on YaBB 2.0 development, though over the past two months I haven't checked on it at all.  I will consider upgrading, but the deciding factor will be whether or not we will be able to keep everything we currently have when we make the switch.  We have a lot of board modifications installed, and I'd be concerned about the files being converted properly without data loss, especially since I'm not sure if some of the new built-in features (formerly mods) will convert.  What I will probably do is make a duplicate of the board and test out conversion on a closed server before I make a decision.

Updates on this will come later.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2005, 04:35:35 AM by admin » Logged

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length