RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 01:33:10 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Where we play the Power Pad with our feet, not our hands, dagnabbit!

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Video Game Generation | Maybe Electroplankton Will Be a Collector's Item S 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: Maybe Electroplankton Will Be a Collector's Item S  (Read 2513 times)
yap
Sega 32X

Stats
« on: October 25, 2005, 12:32:45 PM »

http://www.gamasutra.com/...news_index.php?story=6950

That article says the Nintendo DS game Electroplankton will start out with a limited release in USA.  Only online distributors and the Nintendo Store in NYC will sell it initially.  Maybe if it doesn't pick up (and it didn't in Japan) would this item be rare eventually?

Arrrhalomynn
Beep beep! Boop boop!
Co-Founder
Netherlands

WWW Stats
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2005, 03:26:50 PM »

But will it end up rare enough to get a value higher than its retail price?
Patrick
Memorex VIS

WWW Stats
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2005, 03:44:28 AM »

I got the impression that from the very start Nintendo were trying to set Electroplankton up as a collector's item, and I think you could be right with this one. I've got the Japanese release with the blue earphones, but I imagine that one won't be as sought after as it's quite widely available, where this new US release seems pretty hard to get hold of. Does the US version still come with the earphones?
captain_nintendo
RFG Friend
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2005, 10:34:51 AM »

I played this on my friends DS and thought it was pretty cool. I know I will be picking it up  Smiley

PDorr3
Jaguar CD

WWW Stats
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2005, 09:15:53 AM »

its $35, after tax and shipping its around 40, I think this will be a rare game in the future if it stays online only retail.
sailorneorune
Memorex VIS
United States

Stats
« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2005, 07:14:53 PM »

Hmm... didn't have any idea that it was out.

If it goes OOP like Pokemon Box did (the only other game exclusive to Nintendo World), it could be interesting.

-Sailorneorune

-Sailorneorune-
keeper of the laughable game collection
(please be gentle)
game collection is located at http://www.rfgeneration.c...une&folder=Collection
tholly
RFG Friend
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2005, 08:50:23 AM »

where can you order the US version besides going to NYC to pick it up at the store?

Collection Pics--Excel Collection Spreadsheet--XBox Live Gamertag: tholly1983 - PS3 Name: tholly - Wii Code: 6005 4631 6751 2174
yap
Sega 32X

Stats
« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2005, 09:21:54 AM »

On Nintendo's webpage.  But it's not going to be released till first week in January.

PDorr3
Jaguar CD

WWW Stats
« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2005, 09:37:47 AM »

its also at gamestop.com, so I would also imagine major online retailers.
TraderJake
Retired Lord of the Forum
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #9 on: December 28, 2005, 04:47:30 PM »

EDIT: Fry's upped the price to 34.99, those bastards

Personally, I am extremely excited about this game. Music is always fun, and the title seems like a rather creative time consumer. I have a surprising amount of music games, and this title will only add to the collection.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2005, 10:10:39 AM by TraderJake » Logged

Hello World.
Odonadon
RFG Friend

WWW Stats
« Reply #10 on: December 30, 2005, 11:03:46 PM »

I'm a little annoyed that it will be so "hard" to get.  Having said that, I've heard there is very little English (or Japanese) in this game, so picking up it's Japanese counterpart is not a big deal.  Personally I'm going to try and get my hands on an English version first.

OD

If Jesus were alive today I'm sure he'd own a PS2.
http://turbo2k.net - TurboGrafx-16 Megasite.
Izret101
Postmaster General; Wielder of the Mighty Banhammer
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #11 on: December 31, 2005, 06:42:40 AM »

I wouldn't worry about it being hard to get OD

I just checked some of the larger sites for hahas and amazon.com ebgames.com and gamestop.com all have it for preorder/sale.
Gamestop even had a backorder on used copies(what jackasses)

Antimind
Co-Founder
Canada

WWW Stats
« Reply #12 on: December 31, 2005, 09:09:06 AM »

Hey OD, if you know of a Canadian retailer that got it lemme know. I haven't checked out Future Shop's site yet but I imagine they'd have it.

[img width=406 height=60]http://www.rfgeneration.com/yabbattach/lordnep.gif[/img]
Antimind
Co-Founder
Canada

WWW Stats
« Reply #13 on: January 13, 2006, 09:04:33 AM »

I doubt it will become a collector's item for the fact that they ARE selling it in stores here.... The dude at EB said they sold a ton of them already and are getting a ton more in. He has no clue why the hell they have em in the store but they do *shrug*

[img width=406 height=60]http://www.rfgeneration.com/yabbattach/lordnep.gif[/img]
Odonadon
RFG Friend

WWW Stats
« Reply #14 on: January 13, 2006, 09:39:42 PM »

Yeah, I picked mine up at EB Games on the way home yesterday.  Cool game.  I can almost see a "Special Edition" or something coming out with more features, and will be available in stores.

OD

If Jesus were alive today I'm sure he'd own a PS2.
http://turbo2k.net - TurboGrafx-16 Megasite.
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length