RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 04:20:03 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Where the PSP Go matters more than HBO Go.

RF Generation Message Board | Announcements and Feedback | Announcements and Feedback | Completeness of Database 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Completeness of Database  (Read 1498 times)
eggnog
Tiger Gizmondo

WWW Stats
« on: October 31, 2005, 11:04:05 AM »

I would like to be able to know for which systems the database is complete for?

I understand that for the new systems like PSP this would be hard to do and new games are being released all the time.

But for something like the Sega Saturn I'd like to know if the list of games Euro, Jap, USA, is complete or not...

Thanks

Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2005, 11:07:29 AM »

I know the Sega Genesis, Sega 32X, Atrai 7800 and Sega Master System all USA are complete.

Look throught the other list and let us know if any games are missing and we will add them.

Speedy_NES
NES
RFG Friend
Belgium

Stats
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2005, 11:51:48 AM »

Nintendo NES US is complete, and EU PAL is 99-100% complete...

Like Tynstar said, if you know of a game not listed in the database, we will gladly add it!  Smiley

-Speedy

[img width=406 height=60]http://www.rfgeneration.com/yabbattach/lordnep.gif[/img]
Izret101
Postmaster General; Wielder of the Mighty Banhammer
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2005, 05:07:55 PM »

The US SNES list is also 99-100% complete.
There is always the possibility i missed something.

O^2 US list is also at 100%
XaviX and RDI Halcyon are complete (hahahaha)

Could we sticky a "complete system master list" of sorts in the top of this forum?

Arrrhalomynn
Beep beep! Boop boop!
Co-Founder
Netherlands

WWW Stats
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2005, 12:37:33 AM »

Saturn Euro and USA are complete.
shaggy
RFG Emperor
United States

Stats
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2005, 06:48:59 AM »

Where did you get all the information for the databases?  I'm curious about that.  Also, Rambo for the SMS is missing from the list.  Thanks!

NES cart only collection - 87% complete.
SMS set complete!
Lord Nepenthean
Co-Founder

WWW Stats
« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2005, 09:19:03 AM »

Where did you get all the information for the databases?

There's not a simple answer for that, but some of the ways we gathered all this info include:  too many years collecting and playing too many video games, looking at the games themselves, collaboration with other web sites, list donations from fellow collectors and gamers, pooling information together from the staff, submissions from our members, scouring the web (and then confirming any information with primary sources), jotting down information from games in second hand stores, searching eBay China and Yahoo Auctions Japan, scanning our games, playing our games, etc., etc., etc.  Another important thing is that our staff is not all concentrated in one part of a country or the world.  We have staff members all over the U.S., in Canada, and in Europe.  We're working on gaining contacts in Japan.  There are other ways too.  Mostly, it all boils down to a dedicated group of people spending way too much time researching, playing, and collecting video games.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2005, 09:21:27 AM by admin » Logged

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length