RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 04:35:04 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: It's not the size of the collection, it's how you store it!

RF Generation Message Board | Announcements and Feedback | Announcements and Feedback | Suggestions for entering games into collection 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Suggestions for entering games into collection  (Read 1139 times)
PDorr3
Jaguar CD

WWW Stats
« on: November 01, 2005, 01:04:35 PM »

I'm sure people with tons of games have encountered these small problems, but after you get done selecting the games you want on a page, you always haveto un-check the "add information" or whatever checkbox if you dont want to add info for your games. I notice most people do not add info, and this becomes a tad irritating when entering in tons of games.
One other small but irritating problem is after you click the "Add games" button if you click on the "Back" link it sends you off starting from scratch on the initial starting page, so what I haveto end up doing is clicking the back button on my browser a few times so I dont haveto start over.

Anyway these are just a few things that came to mind while I'm in the process of entering my collection in. Thanks for the awsome collection tool, I wouldent wanna be bothered using anyone elses Wink
Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2005, 01:29:35 PM »

People need to start adding more info.  Wink

I am very anal so all my games have info for them.

St0rmTK421
The Black Perl
Director

Stats
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2005, 02:07:49 PM »

The "add info" box is checked by default to try and encourage people to enter in info for their games.  It looks better when people's collections have info in them....it just looks less blank.  But if you don't want to add it or don't have the time, that's what the checkbox is there for.  
If you accidentally leave it checked and it brings you to the add info page, you don't have to click back in the browser.  You can just click the Add Games button and it will add all the games blank just as if you unselected the checkbox at the start.

As for the back button, I have it go back to your main collection page so you can see that your games have been added.  The assumption was that you already entered in all of your games and you were just adding in some new additions.  In that case you wouldn't need to go back to the search page after adding the games.  If people are doing multiple searches to add their games I can redirect it to the Add Games page of the collection so you can search for more games to add.  As I said it was designed for adding only a few games at a time, so if there's a consensus to switch it over, just let me know.

Oh, I almost forgot...thanks for the suggestions Smiley
« Last Edit: November 01, 2005, 02:09:23 PM by St0rmTK421 » Logged

[img width=406 height=60]http://www.rfgeneration.com/yabbattach/lordnep.gif[/img]
We will always keep it on channel 3!
PDorr3
Jaguar CD

WWW Stats
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2005, 10:16:43 AM »

yeah storm Im in the process of adding my entire collection, so it requires many searches at one time.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length