RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 05:43:00 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Track your collection from the Magnavox Odyssey to Super Mario Odyssey!

RF Generation Message Board | Other | Idle Chatter | Orrin Hatch is a Sack of **** 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: Orrin Hatch is a Sack of ****  (Read 4130 times)
Lord Nepenthean
Co-Founder

WWW Stats
« on: July 07, 2004, 07:49:50 PM »

http://www.usatoday.com/m...04-07-05-induce-act_x.htm

"We feel this bill adds potential liability to any innovator," says Don Whiteside of Intel's Corporate Technology Group. "We view this as a very significant change in the copyright law, and we're very concerned."

Current laws suggest fines of $750 to $150,000 per song. Apple's top iPod holds 10,000 songs.

"At $150,000 per song, that would make Apple potentially liable for $1.5 billion per iPod," says Jason Schultz, an attorney with the Electronic Frontier Foundation. "That's the worst-case scenario. Even at $750 per song, a loss would completely bankrupt a company."

Izret101
Postmaster General; Wielder of the Mighty Banhammer
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2004, 07:56:58 PM »

That is the biggest load of shit i have ever heard. They still have to catch me... i mean poeple who do these terrible things in the first place. Which reminds me anybody hear what happened with the first Kazaa court case? Well it got thrown out because RIAA used hacked Kazaa software to track its users.

Zimbacca
Sorry you must have been boring me.
RFG Friend

Stats
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2004, 09:00:57 PM »

thats pretty funny.

Lord Nepenthean
Co-Founder

WWW Stats
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2004, 09:38:04 PM »

This is not only about file-sharing networks going down, but things like MP3 players, CD burners, DVD burners, sites like MP3.com, eMusic, and more all becoming illegal.  Heck, they could potentially say the google search engine "aids and abets" pirating, thus making it unlawful.  Complete bullshit.

Izret101
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2004, 06:52:33 AM »

Thats ok i already have a burner, dont need a mp3 player, dont use those sites or use file sharing networks or goolge. But i do understand you point. That will really blow. But I have 38+ cds on my computer and I only own about 10-12 of them and recently deleted 8 off because i never listened to it. I dont care what they do. I was downloading 50+songs on dial up when the Napster was getting taken down same thing with Kazaa. I dont even go for songs anymore i get whole cds. I am the one reason this is happening. So  fu RIAA and :FU2: Orrin Hatch :pissed:. And sorry to all thoughs who get stuck in the crossfire of my crusade for world domination i mean musicale freedom... :crazy:
« Last Edit: July 08, 2004, 06:56:48 AM by IZRET101 » Logged

Sauza12
DB Contributor
Awards: 06 RFG Baseball Winner

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2004, 07:21:43 AM »

I guess I can see why they would want to make file sharing illegal, but now they want to make pay sites illegal too?  That is just ludicris.  I heard he also wants to ban VCR's, tape players, and TIVO.  It's this type of shit that makes me want to go back to shoplifting CD's.  Angry
Lord Nepenthean
Co-Founder

WWW Stats
« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2004, 10:12:20 AM »

Basically, the way that it's written, anything that has a potential use for piracy could become illegal.  VCR's could be, because they have a potential use for piracy.  MP3 players could be, because you can potentially put illegal files on them.  Nevermind that I PAY $20 A MONTH to purchase my music in the MP3 format from eMusic - Orrin Hatch would like to make that illegal because I could potentially burn those files for other people than myself.  Hell, let's just outlaw the CD format alltogether, because it can be pirated.  And pencils are illegal too, because I could copy Tom Clancy's entire work with them.  And paper.  PAPER IS EVIL.

Know what the worst thing is?  The INDUCE bill is ticketed as something to "protect the children."  AHHHHHHHHHHHH

Sauza12
DB Contributor
Awards: 06 RFG Baseball Winner

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2004, 10:50:35 AM »

It' sat this point where I have to stop paying attention to the debate or I'm gonna lose it and have the FBI after my ass.
Izret101
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2004, 10:54:26 AM »

I thought we went through this the first time when the VCR was first made. They didnt want them in homes because people could record tv programs or movies. I think if everyone would stop coming up with new ideas and concepts we would have no more problems with any of these laws. Whos with me for the stop of forward progression of technology?
Because we dont wanna end up looking like this borg

Zimbacca
Sorry you must have been boring me.
RFG Friend

Stats
« Reply #9 on: July 08, 2004, 11:00:04 AM »

Basically, the way that it's written, anything that has a potential use for piracy could become illegal.  VCR's could be, because they have a potential use for piracy.  MP3 players could be, because you can potentially put illegal files on them.  Nevermind that I PAY $20 A MONTH to purchase my music in the MP3 format from eMusic - Orrin Hatch would like to make that illegal because I could potentially burn those files for other people than myself.  Hell, let's just outlaw the CD format alltogether, because it can be pirated.  And pencils are illegal too, because I could copy Tom Clancy's entire work with them.  And paper.  PAPER IS EVIL.

Know what the worst thing is?  The INDUCE bill is ticketed as something to "protect the children."  AHHHHHHHHHHHH

don't forget we'll have to cut our hands off because we can still copy Tom Clancy's entire work by hand.

Lord Nepenthean
Co-Founder

WWW Stats
« Reply #10 on: July 08, 2004, 11:19:52 AM »

I thought we went through this the first time when the VCR was first made. They didnt want them in homes because people could record tv programs or movies.

Yes.  This could change that court decision.

Odonadon
RFG Friend

WWW Stats
« Reply #11 on: July 10, 2004, 09:50:16 AM »

Check this out for irony:

http://www.wired.com/news...wood/0,1412,64128,00.html

Rock and Roll Hall of Famer Steve Winwood dipped a toe in largely untested waters this summer by giving away a track from his latest album on peer-to-peer networks. The experiment appears to be working out.

OD

If Jesus were alive today I'm sure he'd own a PS2.
http://turbo2k.net - TurboGrafx-16 Megasite.
IceBladeX
Virtual Boy

Stats
« Reply #12 on: July 11, 2004, 09:17:09 PM »

This is an outright attack on humanity is what it is.
I dont get it, times have changed, we're way past that, why doesent the entertainment industry adapt to that? Music companies have been ripping us off for years, not to mention major hollywood studios with they're bull shit movies. Now that the spikey electrified dildo is in our hands instead of theirs, its such a travesty?
Hm.. I'm listening to Rage against the Machine as I write this, I think its helping.

"It is better to die on your feet than to live on your knees."
IceBladeX
Virtual Boy

Stats
« Reply #13 on: July 11, 2004, 09:18:16 PM »

Oh also, on a related note, we have more lawyers per capita then any country in the world.

"It is better to die on your feet than to live on your knees."
Hydrobond
+5 Insightful
PlayStation
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #14 on: July 15, 2004, 10:34:26 PM »

This is an outright attack on humanity is what it is.
I dont get it, times have changed, we're way past that, why doesent the entertainment industry adapt to that? Music companies have been ripping us off for years, not to mention major hollywood studios with they're bull shit movies. Now that the spikey electrified dildo is in our hands instead of theirs, its such a travesty?
Hm.. I'm listening to Rage against the Machine as I write this, I think its helping.

Now, if only Rage Against the Machine would come out with an album titled spikey electrified dildo, there might be something worth paying for.  Until then, I download most of my music.

I never proofread before hitting the submit button, this is why every single one of my posts has been edited in the first minute after being submitted.
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length