RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 04:43:18 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: You are standing in an open field west of a white house, with a boarded front door.

RF Generation Message Board | Collecting | Collection Connection | What to do with a complete collection 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: What to do with a complete collection  (Read 3863 times)
Arrrhalomynn
Beep beep! Boop boop!
Co-Founder
Netherlands

WWW Stats
« on: February 01, 2006, 10:48:23 AM »

Now that I´m only 3 games short of a complete saturn collection, I´m starting to think what to do with it once it´s complete.

First of all, I don´t see all my games as 1 collection. To me every system has its own collection. So if I finally get that 240th game, the task is done and the games don´t serve any collecting purpose anymore.

Secondly, 95% of these games suck. They´re not worth playing and I will not play them.

So these games will sit on my shelf and mostly collect dust. Which I think is a waste. On the other hand, it´s a bit sad to let go of a collection of games that needed years to complete.

Of course I could opt to only sell a few games and keep the rest, but it would be rather pointless to sell 50 games, and keep 120 games I´d never play. So I´ll either keep everything, or sell nearly everything.

If I had money I could just keep them all without thinking twice about it, but I don´t have a permanent job, so the money would come in handy.

In short: I don't know what to do, keep or sell.
Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2006, 10:55:25 AM »

Well if you sold it as a complete collection I think you would get a lot of money for it.  I wouldn't sell it. I would start selling games that I didn't have the complete library of. Keep the Saturn and sell any other stuff you don't play.

If you sold it in one lot what do you think you could get?

Arrrhalomynn
Beep beep! Boop boop!
Co-Founder
Netherlands

WWW Stats
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2006, 11:12:52 AM »

I think I would get considerately less if I were to sell the collection as a whole. I don't think there are many people that want a complete saturn collection, have a lot of money laying around and not have any games for the system yet.
Some years back a British guy tried to sell his collection as a whole. I don't recall what he asked for it anymore, but I don't think he ever managed to sell it that way.

Besides, I want to keep some games, because they are worth playing. I haven't made a list yet, but it'll probably be in the 20-30 range. If I were to sell it as a complete collection I'd have to rebuy these.

I think I should be able to get around 10 bucks per game, on average. But that depends on which games I choose to keep of course.
Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2006, 11:18:08 AM »

It seems to me a complete library of games always gets more then one missing a few games even if the missing games are super common. You could piece it out but it would be hard to sell the crap titles.

shaggy
RFG Emperor
United States

Stats
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2006, 11:27:49 AM »

Display it!

NES cart only collection - 87% complete.
SMS set complete!
Izret101
Postmaster General; Wielder of the Mighty Banhammer
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2006, 11:35:18 AM »

Hold the Mortal Kombat games for me Smiley

Personally i don't see why you already want to get rid of it.
You spent ages trying to get them all and a considerable amount of money i am sure.
Why scrap it so quickly?
If you are going to sell it you should hold off until you forsee a need for the money you will make from it.

Oh and when you sell it do it in lots. You will get more.
But always toss 2-3 shitty games you know will never sell in with a good one so you can get rid of them.

Arrrhalomynn
Beep beep! Boop boop!
Co-Founder
Netherlands

WWW Stats
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2006, 12:07:31 PM »

You all have to keep in mind that I would put the crap games on ebay.nl. There isn't a lot of supply of saturn games there and I should be able to even sell the maddens and fifa's there for 3 or 4 bucks each.

And if I were to sell, I wouldn't start selling right away, I would first enjoy the fruits of my years of collecting of course. At least for a while.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2006, 12:08:41 PM by Arrrhalomynn » Logged
Speedy_NES
NES
RFG Friend
Belgium

Stats
« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2006, 02:52:56 AM »

Sell it to a museum Wink  I think selling it would not be a bad idea once you've enjoyed it, but you need to find the right buyer who is looking for a complete set, which won't be easy, but at least worth a try.  eBay.nl is also a good option, I sold a couple saturn games there for around 9 euros each, so that's not too bad.  

[img width=406 height=60]http://www.rfgeneration.com/yabbattach/lordnep.gif[/img]
Arrrhalomynn
Beep beep! Boop boop!
Co-Founder
Netherlands

WWW Stats
« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2006, 03:08:15 AM »

Sell it to a museum Wink  I think selling it would not be a bad idea once you've enjoyed it, but you need to find the right buyer who is looking for a complete set, which won't be easy, but at least worth a try.  eBay.nl is also a good option, I sold a couple saturn games there for around 9 euros each, so that's not too bad.  

That depends on which saturn games you sold of course Wink.
PDorr3
Jaguar CD

WWW Stats
« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2006, 06:26:33 AM »

I wouldent sel a complete collection, especial a feat such as the saturn (the RPG collection on that is enough to put a hole in my wallet).

I would display it, and if you need money sell crappy games that you have for other systems. Beliee me you will regret it later on if you start to break up the complete collection.
Silent_shadow
N-Gage

Stats
« Reply #10 on: February 02, 2006, 06:30:41 AM »

Why don't you let them stand for a while and when you have enough of it you put them in a few big boxes and store them in a attic or basement?

Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #11 on: February 02, 2006, 06:45:10 AM »

Sell them to me.

Sauza12
DB Contributor
Awards: 06 RFG Baseball Winner

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #12 on: February 02, 2006, 07:18:39 AM »

I would hold on to them for as long as possible, because if you sell them there will come a time that you will regret it.  Besides, you can always go out and earn more money, you won't always find another complete Panzer Dragoon Saga.
The Metamorphosing Leon
Laying on the green leaf, left and abandoned...
Donor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #13 on: February 02, 2006, 07:49:09 AM »

Throw it all in the ocean and start over again.

When shall his new form be revealed?
Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #14 on: February 02, 2006, 09:19:06 AM »

you won't always find another complete Panzer Dragoon Saga.

The NTSC version are on Ebay all the time.
Wink

Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length