RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 02:38:23 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Where we're rolling around at the speed of sound.

RF Generation Message Board | Other | The Gym | Baseball Talk 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6 Print
Author Topic: Baseball Talk  (Read 16861 times)
NESJunkie
Sega 32X

WWW Stats
« on: February 10, 2006, 07:01:47 AM »

Yea one week from pitchers and catchers reporting!

I was the 13th member to join this site. My parents were married on Friday the 13th. I was married on the 13th. Feeling lucky?

Here is a link to my profile on VAPS. I am mainly an arcade collector now. http://www.vaps.org/membe...tail.php?member_id=381193
captain_nintendo
RFG Friend
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2006, 07:34:12 AM »

Yea one week from pitchers and catchers reporting!

Great  Roll Eyes Another season of my team building a great team through the farm system only to have the great players be signed away with big money  Angry

(I like Oakland)

NESJunkie
Sega 32X

WWW Stats
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2006, 08:08:10 AM »

Hey at least your team has won some world series and been to a few more, I like the Brewers for god sake! Even though they should be pretty good for serveral years with this crop of youngins now starting

I was the 13th member to join this site. My parents were married on Friday the 13th. I was married on the 13th. Feeling lucky?

Here is a link to my profile on VAPS. I am mainly an arcade collector now. http://www.vaps.org/membe...tail.php?member_id=381193
Hydrobond
+5 Insightful
PlayStation
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2006, 09:07:03 AM »

Cincinnati Reds - first professional baseball team.
Under new management.
Maybe they will actually make something of the team.

I never proofread before hitting the submit button, this is why every single one of my posts has been edited in the first minute after being submitted.
NESJunkie
Sega 32X

WWW Stats
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2006, 09:20:16 AM »

Or just a celler dweller like the crew have been for 10 years!

SFS
I eated the purple berries
Neo Geo AES
Russian Federation

Stats
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2006, 09:49:49 AM »

UR CLAN SUX AT OREGON TRAIL N00b

"It rains acid, one day the earth will cry from a stone
And you'll be lookin' at the world livin' inside of a dome
Comperized humanity living inside of a clone
This is the place where the unknown is living and real
Worm went to planet X and the seventh seal"

Immortal Technique
shaggy
RFG Emperor
United States

Stats
« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2006, 09:50:10 AM »

Or just a celler dweller like the crew have been for 10 years!

My thoughts exactly.  My team are the Brewers, too.  Let's hope they can turn it around now.  They didn't have a losing season last year but they did screw up the winning season bit!

NES cart only collection - 87% complete.
SMS set complete!
NESJunkie
Sega 32X

WWW Stats
« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2006, 09:57:58 AM »

Sweet thats two true brew crew baby!

Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2006, 10:03:27 AM »

I just can't get into baseball, it is so boring. Plus the season is about 60-70 games to long. I will watch the World Series if the Diamondbacks or Tigers are in it but that's it. I don't even remember what 2 teams where in the Series last year.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2006, 10:04:31 AM by tynstar » Logged

Hydrobond
+5 Insightful
PlayStation
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2006, 10:41:42 AM »

There is one and only one reason I am a fan of the Reds.
$5 seats.

Well, that and it was a great way to be outside and away from the cicadas a few years back.

I never proofread before hitting the submit button, this is why every single one of my posts has been edited in the first minute after being submitted.
Izret101
Postmaster General; Wielder of the Mighty Banhammer
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #10 on: February 10, 2006, 11:13:28 AM »

Booo keep your sport crap in the gym!
This is random!

This post was originally in the random theard wirth the rest of this baseball schtooff
« Last Edit: February 10, 2006, 07:03:46 PM by IZRET101 » Logged

Mezmoron
RFG Friend

Stats
« Reply #11 on: February 10, 2006, 11:34:44 AM »

I like the Pirates....  Nuff said

Ken

[img width=468 height=60]http://www.rfgeneration.com/images/banners/generated/collection/Mezmoron.png[/img]
atari_wizard
Sega Master System
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #12 on: February 10, 2006, 11:37:40 AM »

I just can't get into baseball, it is so boring. Plus the season is about 60-70 games to long. I will watch the World Series if the Diamondbacks or Tigers are in it but that's it. I don't even remember what 2 teams where in the Series last year.

your right. the season is way too long! it's hard to get hype every day for 162 games. it begins to drag and this is coming from a baseball nut. oh and the two teams were the Chicago White Sox & Houston Astros. The White Sox took the championship in a sweep.

Have you played Pitfall II today?

[img width=468 height=60]http://www.rfgeneration.com/images/banners/generated/collection/atari_wizard.png[/img]
NESJunkie
Sega 32X

WWW Stats
« Reply #13 on: February 11, 2006, 08:18:04 AM »

Bah that is what makes baseball great, its a long race not a sprint like in football. You can have a bad stretch and it won't cost you a playoff spot like football. You can always redeem yourself. If you think its too long watch pro hoops, half amount of games half amount of players half amount intelligence half amount as fun to watch with double the prices at the box office. So if you went to half as many NBA games as you went to MLB games you'd pay as much or more. Good old thug NBA gotta love it!!

Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #14 on: February 11, 2006, 12:06:31 PM »

Bah that is what makes baseball great, its a long race not a sprint like in football. You can have a bad stretch and it won't cost you a playoff spot like football. You can always redeem yourself. If you think its too long watch pro hoops, half amount of games half amount of players half amount intelligence half amount as fun to watch with double the prices at the box office. So if you went to half as many NBA games as you went to MLB games you'd pay as much or more. Good old thug NBA gotta love it!!

I don't like football either  Tongue

HOCKEY RULES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length