RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 11:55:19 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: We really love that Sega Dreamcast fishing controller and Sega Bass Fishing.

RF Generation Message Board | Other | Idle Chatter | A Completely Unrelated Series of Thoughts.. part 4 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 68 69 [70] Print
Author Topic: A Completely Unrelated Series of Thoughts.. part 4  (Read 78953 times)
Hydrobond
+5 Insightful
PlayStation
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #1035 on: June 07, 2006, 05:14:25 AM »

Me refreshing so much may or may not have alot of stress on the website.If that is the case it would have ben a bad thing.

I don't know for sure someone else will be able to tell you

Refreshing the site does not load it much, in the same way that pinging a site doesn't load it too much.  When you request a website from a webserver that you have been to before, your browser automatically sends the date you last visited that page to the web server.  If the date is newer than the last date the page was edited, then all it does it reply with a 304 "error", which basically says the page is the same as the last time you were here so use your cached version.  Now, that being said, I don't know how often the forum pages/threads get edited, or if they are built every time the page is requested, so everything I just said may not even apply.  Perhaps Eddie would be able to shed some more light on the issue.

Edit:
Also, it takes me forever to get to the post page for this thread again, while at work.  Now my work pc isn't the fastest, it's just a spare quad pII @ 550MHz they had lying around the office.
Anyone else noticing the lag on this page or is it just my crap-ass computer?
« Last Edit: June 07, 2006, 05:17:47 AM by hydrobond » Logged

I never proofread before hitting the submit button, this is why every single one of my posts has been edited in the first minute after being submitted.
captain_nintendo
RFG Friend
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #1036 on: June 07, 2006, 05:42:14 AM »

Loaded fine for me, but then again this thread is 21 pages long Wink Almost time to retire it and open a new one.

Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #1037 on: June 07, 2006, 07:19:58 AM »

When a thread get to be many many pages I notice lag when hitting reply. This happens becasue the entire thread get loaded in the box under your reply box.

I am running a P IV 3.2 512MB RAM.

Izret101
Postmaster General; Wielder of the Mighty Banhammer
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #1038 on: June 07, 2006, 08:11:14 AM »

I use the quick reply 95% of the time that is why i never really noticed lag on any of the threads.

The Metamorphosing Leon
Laying on the green leaf, left and abandoned...
Donor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #1039 on: June 07, 2006, 08:16:08 AM »

Yeah thank god for quick reply. I notice that sometimes the site is randomly slow but most of the time it's fine.

When shall his new form be revealed?
Hydrobond
+5 Insightful
PlayStation
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #1040 on: June 07, 2006, 08:44:19 AM »

I always use quick reply, expcept when I can't.  Since I was quoting Izret on my last post I had to load then entirety of the thread, all 21 pages.  Even if it isn't quite slow yet, I think it might be time to close this on in favor of a fesh thread - i figure the bandwidth will be reduced at the very least.

I'm still only one user though, so if it loads fine for the rest of ya, I can cope.

I never proofread before hitting the submit button, this is why every single one of my posts has been edited in the first minute after being submitted.
Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #1041 on: June 07, 2006, 09:00:55 AM »

Usually when we get to 20 sominthing pages we start over.

The Metamorphosing Leon
Laying on the green leaf, left and abandoned...
Donor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #1042 on: June 07, 2006, 09:33:01 AM »

Last time it was like 18.

When shall his new form be revealed?
TraderJake
Retired Lord of the Forum
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #1043 on: June 07, 2006, 01:33:58 PM »

Well this thread is getting pretty high, though no where near as high as the original thread.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2006, 01:34:26 PM by TraderJake » Logged

Hello World.
Pages: 1 ... 68 69 [70] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length